IGNORED

24 - Axed

Stellar

Doesn't it generally take at LEAST 30mins to go from various countries? Most of the film he'll be on a plane...or even better, a coach.

Haven't you heard? For the movie, they're going to give him a grappling hook on his arm, and an infinite retractable parachute.

Not a moment too soon. I wish they'd stopped after S7, though, so it all totalled a week's worth of action (if you ignore the missing 15mins from each hour). '24/7' makes for a better box set than eight days. That and the general pointlessness of this season.

I haven't seen anything of season 8, but I've really enjoyed 24. In retrospect, season 6 and the Kim lunacy in season 2 were the only real low points. I enjoyed season 7 a lot, and of course season 5 was top to bottom excellent.

Best to call it a day though. The more they push the character, the more Jack's very presence in the show stretches all credibility beyond breaking point. I'd be curious to see how they'd handle a film, but I don't think it's necessary. I read this morning that the film would take place over a 24 hr time period, but condensed down into a 2 hour film. Could be interesting.

Bah. It's gutting, because Season 8 clearly won't end it properly, because they'll have left it open for a possible 9th season. If only they knew beforehand :wub:

Has it been confirmed that they have filmed the season finale then?

I'm sure I read that Kiefer was discharged from hospital after an operation a couple of months ago so he could film the final episodes of S8. But even if they did manage to wrap the whole thing up in the last couple of episodes, it wouldn't come close to a 'real' final season, like the second half of The Sopranos S6. I just wish one of the producers had the balls to tell Fox that season 8 would be the final season sometime last year, rather than the other way around.

I'm sure I read that Kiefer was discharged from hospital after an operation a couple of months ago so he could film the final episodes of S8.

That would be a very long lead time for US TV. I'd be surprised if they had actually filmed the finale yet honestly.

They had Anil Kapoor on a radio show I listen to (can't remember which one, but it was a BBC one, might have been Kermode) a couple of weeks ago. He said that they had only filmed up to episode 14 or something, so they have far from finished production on Season 8.

That would be a very long lead time for US TV. I'd be surprised if they had actually filmed the finale yet honestly.

I remember the finale of Pushing Daisies where they had to contrive a series resolution over a couple of minutes at the end of a random episode. It was terrible.

At least Jack will get to go off into the sunset with his granddaughter, kindalike what we were all pleading with him to do in episode 1 of this season. You can consider that a spoiler, actually. I've only gone and given away the ending of 24 on the internet. Unless, that is, the granddaughter gets kidnapped and Kim has to rescue her and we get a spin-off.

I hope they change their mind at the last minute and then commission another season in which everyone kind of sits around doing nothing, like the fifth season of Babylon 5. Though day eight pretty much already fits that description, now I think about it.

I like how they had an amazing set up for the final season with Tony on the loose and the end of game boss who had been orchestrating everything so far unveiled, but instead they resolved it all in about ten minutes, leaving us with the boring adventures of Starbuck in CGI Manhatten.

I remember the finale of Pushing Daisies where they had to contrive a series resolution over a couple of minutes at the end of a random episode. It was terrible.

At least Jack will get to go off into the sunset with his granddaughter, kindalike what we were all pleading with him to do in episode 1 of this season. You can consider that a spoiler, actually. I've only gone and given away the ending of 24 on the internet. Unless, that is, the granddaughter gets kidnapped and Kim has to rescue her and we get a spin-off.

She can team up with Claire from Lost, and they can ride around screeching "MY BABY! MY BABY!" at the top of their lungs.

It's a shame but well overdue. The beginning of day 7 was excellent

but then it just slipped into "24-mode" with endless backstories and greater and greater villains and conspiracies.

Day 8 has been pretty boring with the exception of a few classic Bauer moments and there is no tension anymore. You know Jack is going to save himself and the world so where is the drama?

I like how they had an amazing set up for the final season with Tony on the loose and the end of game boss who had been orchestrating everything so far unveiled, but instead they resolved it all in about ten minutes, leaving us with the boring adventures of Starbuck in CGI Manhatten.

Yeah they really chucked away a vaguely interesting set-up there. The shadowy conglomerate, Tony vs Jack, Jack having 24 hours to live for the final season.

Jack gets on a plane with his family, about to move on to pastures new, but dirty terrorists takeover the plane and demand to be diverted to somewhere in Europe. DANN, DANN!!! CLIFFHANGER, LEADS INTO 24 THE MOVIE, CO-STARRING WESLEY 'I BETTER GET PAID' SNIPES. Fuck, why am I shouting?

Yeah they really chucked away a vaguely interesting set-up there. The shadowy conglomerate, Tony vs Jack, Jack having 24 hours to live for the final season.

Oh yeah, what happened to those evil skype people? I can't remember the end of day 7. If they leave out Tony completely it will be a massive shame, although maybe it's too late. It should have ended last season damnit!

The film could be Jack and Renee getting married in Europe with all their family and friends, but then Tony has like planted a bomb in the cake or something.

Jack Bauer, 8 year old.

The story begins in the front room of the house, where 8 year old Jack Bauer is holding a school textbook. His mum walks in.

Mum: “Hello son, doing your homework at breakfast time? That’s not right is it, dear? You should always do it the night before, preferably first thing before tea”

Jack pulls out a pocket knife and holds it an inch from the page of the book

Jack: (Shouting at the book) “Give me the information!”

Mum: “That’s not how you read a book son, now come on, it’s time for school.”

Jack: (still shouting at the book, jabbing the knife so close to the pages) “Tell me what I want to know now!”

The book speaks(!!) in rushed, frightened tones, whilst sweating profusely!

Book: “Alright alright! Just don’t hurt me! I’ll tell you everything! The two feuding families and the Prince converge upon the tomb. They are horrified to find Romeo, Juliet, and Paris all lying dead, and Friar Lawrence (who has hurried to the crypt, too late to prevent the tragedy) reveals to them the love and secret marriage of Romeo and Juliet. The families are reconciled by their children's deaths and agree to end their feud!”

Jack leaps up out of his seat and touches one hand to his earpiece.

Jack: “Chloe I got the information – they all die, but this brings the two families together! Now you gotta get me on that bus!”

Cut to Chloe, sat at her desk in CTU.

Chloe “The school bus is turning into main street, it will be passing your house in 6 minutes, you need to run to the bus stop – you can just make it if you go NOW Jack!”

Jack: “There’s no time! I’m going to have to kill my mother, and use her body as a kind of human ladder to get onto the roof, then leap onto the bus as it goes by!”

We zoom in to a shot of Jack’s mother, looking horrified.

A clock appears – it’s 08.42am. Beep Beep Beep.

We return to find Jack climbing up the body of his mother – blood is dripping from her neck, she has obviously been shot at point blank range. Jack is now on the roof, and we can see the bus is coming round the corner. For some reason, it’s being driven far too quickly and erratically. The bus nears the Bauer household. Jack prepares himself. As the bus gets closer, he turns to look at his mothers dead body. For a moment, he looks vunerable.

Jack: “I’m Sorry, Ma.”

Jack regains his composure and gets ready to leap onto the bus. He does, but misses and lands on the bonnet with his face pressed against the windscreen.

Bus Driver: “What the….?”

Jack pulls out his gun and waves it at the bus driver.

Jack: “Listen to me, there’s no time! This bus has to be at St. John’s Primary in less than 25 minutes. There’s no time to explain, but you have to trust me - get me there now. Do you understand me?”

The bus driver nervously nods his head, and presses his foot to the gas.

Another clock. It’s 8.56am. We return at 9.02 to see the bus screeching into the school grounds. Jack is late for school. Once more Jack speaks into his earpiece.

Jack: “Chloe, are you there?”

Chloe: “Still here Jack, what do you need?

Jack “Mr Greenwood guarding the door, handing out late slips. If he sees me again this week, I’ll be in detention for sure. You have to find me another way in.”

Chloe: “Ok Jack, I can move some satellites and position them over the school building – once I find Mr Greenwood, I can monitor his movements, and get you into class without being spotted.”

Jack “How long will that take?”

Chloe “About 6 minutes. Or 4 minutes if I use a 128 bit phoenix activation protocol decryption key algorithm”

Jack: “There’s no time! If Greenwood sees my face, he’s going to report me – you hear this – And he’ll bring in Mr Strickland, the head teacher. He makes the Chinese Government look like the Salvation Army.”

Jack unrolls a balaclava over his face.

Jack: “The only way I can do this is if I stage a robbery of the school.”

Chloe “What? Jack are you nuts?”

Jack “If I don't get into that classroom and hand in my homework in the next 3 minutes, an entire classroom of innocent children might point at me and laugh. I CAN'T LET THAT HAPPEN!”

Chloe: "What are you going to do Jack?"

Jack, thoughtfully, after a beat, "Whatever I have to."

Jack runs into the school, pointing his gun at everyone and anyone.

Jack: “Everyone on the ground NOW! This is a robbery! I want all the pencils and papers over here, on the floor, and anyone moves, I’ll shoot their partner in the leg.”

Teacher: “Oh God! This happens every Monday morning! Jack, please calm down. There’s no problem here. Just go to class and everything will be……”

Jack shoots him in the leg, and looks around to see if he can spot the teachers wife. He hold’s the gun to her head and screams “Everything that happens to her is down to you Greenwood! Don’t make me do this!”

Everyone hits the floor, and Jack runs through the corridor, into an English classroom. He hides his gun, removes the balaclava and sits down. The teacher, Mr Myers, looks up from his desk at the latecomer distrupting his class.

Mr Myers, sarcastically: “Ah, Mr Bauer, there you are. We were just discussing the ending to Romeo and Juliet. You have read it, haven’t you? Or were you on another of your missions again?”

Jack: “Yes Sir, The two feuding families and the Prince converge upon the tomb. They are horrified to find Romeo, Juliet, and Paris all lying dead, and Friar Lawrence (who has hurried to the crypt, too late to prevent the tragedy) reveals to them the love and secret marriage of Romeo and Juliet. The families are reconciled by their children's deaths and agree to end their feud. See, I did my homework. You didn’t expect that, did you sir?”

Mr Myers: “No, Mr Bauer. I expect you to die!”

The teacher presses a button on his desk. The wall of the classroom slides open to reveal Sintox Nerve Gas, a Nuclear Bomb, a biologically developed virus, a cougar, and a friendly looking Arabic family."

Mr Myers: "And Jack... I believe you already know..... my Wife?"

We see the black outline of a woman step out of the shadows.

Jack: “Jesus Christ.”

The clock appears once more, and after this, the credits roll.