Xenoblade Chronicles - Wii

The Sarge

I am becoming a bit of a gem expert now. The crafting and allocation is giving me a massive boost. I am also loving the chain attack possibilities. I just fought a unique enemy that was a level above me. I managed to turn the battle with a chain combo inflicting 150k of damage. My normal attacks do about 2k of damage at this level.

I sold Last Story without playing it. Pandora's Tower is different to Xenoblade but still excellent. I restarted this as I really wasn't sure if I'd pick up the nuances without starting agian

Can't really sell mine as I chucked the boxes and just kept the tins from the LE's. Typical rash Vorgy behaviour, but there you go. I'll give Xenoblade a whirl later, I spent a lot of time doing quests in the first area, don't really want to go through that again.

Am with you on Amalur, it just seems a bit meh to me at the moment. Can't seem to sink my teeth into it at the moment.

I can't believe how he'd it is to find xenoblade, and how expensive it is... I should have bought it when it was in special- obviously a lot of people have picked it up for the Wii U.

No, it's pretty much always been £25+ in places that know what it's worth. It's jumped up because of Christmas and scarcity.

So, I finally got my Wii set up; I've been picking up games I fancy, anyway, and have this, Last Story and Pandora's tower (and Zelda: Skyward Sword) to play. What's the best one to do first, as in maybe getting the shorter, simpler or less impressive games done first? Save the best 'til last, kind of thing.

While this thread has me itching to start Xenoblade, I think I may be better off getting back into the JRPG swing with one of the others.

I've put in around 100 hours since I first started Xenoblade back in December 2010, and while the end is definitely in sight (I'm currently level 74), I'm still nowhere near good enough to finish the game. Apparently some folk beat the game with level 64 characters, although I can't for the life of me figure out how. Reckon I'll need to be level 80, at the very least, before I make the attempt.

I've put in around 100 hours since I first started Xenoblade back in December 2010, and while the end is definitely in sight (I'm currently level 74), I'm still nowhere near good enough to finish the game. Apparently some folk beat the game with level 64 characters, although I can't for the life of me figure out how. Reckon I'll need to be level 80, at the very least, before I make the attempt.

I can believe that. I am about level 65 and nothing I have come across is challenging me. Getting quite annoying because every enemy is a high enough level to think it can take me on. I fought a pack with a much higher level unique enemy in and still managed to get through. It did net me about 20k experience.

I finished the game in that exact way. Was near the end of the story at around 75 and slogged up to 80 before the final encounters.

My fave game of last year by miles, can't wait for Monolith's next game.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright folks, I bought a second hand copy of this today from CEX for 25 quid but I've noticed there's no manual. Is it supposed to have one or am I shit out of luck ? I'm usually quite annoyed about these sorts of things but the games such a bastard to get at a good price these days I might just leave it if so.

There's enough in game tutorials to help you. There are a couple of things about limits and gem crafting that gamefaqs (or this thread) will help you with more than the manual will.

Cheers tssk. I'm not too worried about missing out on game mechanics as most games explain most of their concepts. It's more of a completionist thing :D I won't be playing it straight away anyway, getting added to the backlog to play soonish.

Cheers folks :) I'll just leave it be then, if it had've been 25 quid for most other games I'd be fuming but I guess the scarcity of this means there's not much point if you want to play the thing. I'm still annoyed I missed out on the 10 quid copy at Game last year by 30mins or so. Ah well.

Yeah, I'd be annoyed too, if it wasn't mentioned in the item description. But at least, it's not really needed. I thumbed through it some days ago, and can't remember anything important in it.

Put Xenoblades on hold at the mo', as I really wanted to finish Skyward Sword, and I'm now hooked on Metroid: Other M. Xenoblade's one of those games you play when you have massive amounts of time on your hands - unfortunately.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...