IGNORED

RPL Rovers Dressing Room - Season 9

Richards vows to silence critics, bring silverware to Rovers

etoocameroon12.jpg

The resurgent goalscoring talent sat down with BAP Monthy in a rare interview after 7m transfer to Rovers.

BAP Monthly: Joseph, it's been a crazy past few seasons...

Yes. To go from Athletic to United, and then to Rovers in the space of three seasons has been very disruptive.

BAP Monthly: Do you feel the constant moves have been detrimental to your game in anyway?

No, not at all. In the last days at Athletic... it was tough. We weren't the team we were in Season 4 and -

BAP Monthly: The unbeaten season?

Yes. And it was just quite draining to be amongst the same team that was quite clearly in decay. Three seasons in 3rd place is not desirable, especially with the rise of City as a side that were clearly the new dominant force in the league. I had to go.

BAP Monthly: So how did the move to United figure in those plans?

Well it was all rather unexpected, to be honest. I was bored of BAP, bored of football. I was not aware of the transfer until I came back from holiday. To United... for 1m. It was surprising and exciting at the time. It was a great squad, but...

BAP Monthly: But?

The team, they did not perform. The individual talent was there, but they did not play as a team. I know what that feels like from the glory days at Athletic. United never really had a chance.

BAP Monthly: So your time at United was an unhappy one?

No, no. I regained my form at United. I think being relgated to the midfield, behind two strikers who were clearly less talented than myself, gave me the drive. It made me up my game.

BAP Monthly: Well yes, Indeed. You came runner-up in Player of the Season and bagged an impressive eleven goals in seventeen appearances. Five of which came in the last two of the season against Ro-

Against Rovers. Yes. It was a great couple of games.

BAP Monthly: Any hard feelings in the Rovers' camp?

No. Not at all. I think those performances, particularly my four in the last game, served as a declaration of intent. I am a striker; I love to score goals; I am good at it. I think Rovers appreciate that more than most.

BAP Monthly: Season 9. What will it bring for you and Rovers?

Silverware. Proper Silverware, not a silly mid-season trophy like United could barely muster. I- We want the league. And my goals will help achieve that. This club deserves some honours.

BAP Monthly: And finally, what of these rumours of discontent between you and Supercat that are being stoked by disgraced supporting striker, Ricky Dorito?

*Grins* I can understand Ricky's pain. He proudly calls himself a 'supporting striker'. What is this? A 'supporting' striker? To me, and from looking at this form, a supporting striker is a nickname for a striker that does not score. Me and Supercat will have a wonderful goalscoring relationship this season. He is a wonderful striker, his record shows this. We will score many goals.

BAP Monthly: Joseph Richards, thank you for your time

Thank you.

hope the ressurgance includes you looking forward to the kick abouts on wed/pre bap, was a good crack last night, and i think we all know just how good you two up top can be, regardless of how good the strikers are either of you have.

hope the ressurgance includes you looking forward to the kick abouts on wed/pre bap,

Good luck with that Macca. If you can get him on before 10.10 on a Thurs (even when your games kick off at 10!) you are a better man than me

Good luck with that Macca. If you can get him on before 10.10 on a Thurs (even when your games kick off at 10!) you are a better man than me

He's been reformed.

The lad was relishing his new role last night, he was on for a full 2 hours of training. And he can't even make our games this week.

Dedication is what you need.

hope the ressurgance includes you looking forward to the kick abouts on wed/pre bap, was a good crack last night, and i think we all know just how good you two up top can be, regardless of how good the strikers are either of you have.

Amen.

Does that mean I can have little Sammy? :bye:

nobody else has said they won't be here so hopefully we will have 9, though Alshie and Boobni haven't posted in yet, you guys alive???

Also supercat you have to be a manager to choose your player, though i'm a reasonable guy and will happily let you pick any player not in use...

Lineup is unknown at the moment.