IGNORED

World of Warcraft Cataclysm

Sergeant Squid

If he can take that much of a beating just getting dressed in the morning...wtf are we gonna do to him?

Oh and wtb some kinda quest for all tanks to do to be "able" to take a hit from him. Tanking him normally would be a bit dumb... but then again I wonder how many hits from Frostmourne I've taken while tanking the LK...hmm.

From what I can tell in that video the Orcs have deathwing captive under Azeroth and are putting armour on him.

He breaks free and is now fully weaponised!

Great plan, thanks stupid fat orcs (says a stupid fat orc)

I miss the old warchief bet he wouldn't have let this happen!

J

You need to read up on your lore.

"The growing corruption in Neltharion's heart warped his body, as the angelic dragon began taking a more demonic appearance, similar to how Sargeras changed to a more demonic form after his corruption. Neltharion's body cracked open, revealing his molten heart, and magma and fire flowed off his chest. His eyes became aflame in red, demonstrating the magnitude of his power and the depths of his evil. Thus was Deathwing the Destroyer born, and the Dragon Soul was renamed: the Demon Soul.

"Deathwing returned to his lair beneath a mountain. His proximity to the Demon Soul was ripping his body apart, so the goblins forged an armor of adamantium to serve as a vessel to contain Deathwing's raging powers and keep them in check.[4] Only the adamantium plates kept the power from destroying his body."

Well he burst forth from the ground and all that and changed everything up, caused devastation etc. but he didn't really destroy Stormwind, did he? And he didn't proceed to Ironforge to do us all a favour and fry a bunch of gnomes, for example. Something must have stopped him. Or did he just think "HA! I have destroyed Stormwind's statues and left a cool texture effect on it's towers. All shall know my fury! Eventually. Bedtime."

I'd hope that's explained since he's probably about to go quiet for the next one and a half years while we deal with an old god, or something.

Plotting probably. He probably has big designs on Azeroth. I can't imagine the other Dragonflights are sat around twiddling their thumbs while he lays waste to all that we know either, so maybe they'll keep him occupied.

How is TBC and WotLK going to fit into all this? Is there some kind of retcon lore that means Deathwing wakes up and THEN the Burning Legion comes back and then Arthas makes his play, then some more progression to Deathwing making his final move at endgame content?

I think he just went back to get Onyxia's head so he could re-animate her. Dunno why he didn't wreck the place but then since when did anything in Warcraft lore make any sense?

e: ok so I just watched it and he's getting his armour right before he breaks free. And he's not breaking out of the Maelstrom like he was meant to. So I actually dunno wtf is going on.

e: @ Moosegrinder -- TBC and Wrath are basically trips back in time, although I don't know if they'll treat them as such in-game. If not then they just don't make any sense for obvious reasons

Deathwing is a total nutcase. He probably doesn't think in terms of methodically destroying a place then moving on so he'll have had a play in Stormwind for a while and then got bored. Eiher that or he's equal opportunities and wants to spread the pain and chaos equally over the planet.

Blizzard never disappoints with it's cgi anyway but I do think the wrath one was slightly better if only because it was one scene and the story came across better with Arthas' fathers voiceover.

By 'not epic enough' I mean I wanted to see Stormwind getting trashed, I wanted to see the fortification of Orgrimmar, I wanted to see people running in terror, I wanted to see panic and confusion. I didn't want to see an empty outpost in the Barrens and an empty bridge in Darkshore getting knocked over. This is supposed to be a cataclysm - all that cinematic shows is a place no one really likes anyway getting a bit shaken. The best part was the tidal wave, cus you know that's heading straight for Booty Bay (which, incidentally, is still one of my favourite places in the game) and it's gonna cause havoc. A few Zhevras and Mankrik's wife getting lightly toasted is not epic.

Well he burst forth from the ground and all that and changed everything up, caused devastation etc. but he didn't really destroy Stormwind, did he? And he didn't proceed to Ironforge to do us all a favour and fry a bunch of gnomes, for example. Something must have stopped him. Or did he just think "HA! I have destroyed Stormwind's statues and left a cool texture effect on it's towers. All shall know my fury! Eventually. Bedtime."

I'd hope that's explained since he's probably about to go quiet for the next one and a half years while we deal with an old god, or something.

Alextrasa comes over and 'kills' him, but he dont die, she is badly weakened and he has to flee as he is badly hurt Well at least thats what I have been lead to believe, maybe wrong!

I popped on last night for the first time in months and was so lost and confused I just logged off again, after chatting to a few guildies. I literally had no clue what was going on. I didn't know what specs were good, what the new talents were, what glyphs I needed or what gems I needed to replace all my Armor Pen ones. I really couldn't be bothered reading up on it all, either so I would personally say no, no fun to be had if you were already fed up.

I've certainly found playing my priest entertaining again, the lack of new content isn't great but having to basically relearn whole aspects of your class is keeping me busy. The great thing about the new talent trees is that it's pretty obvious which talents are DPS (or whatever) talents and which are utility, and each tree is designed in such a way that you can get all the "mandatory" talents and still have points left over, which means there is no "right" build any more as far as I'm concerned. I really don't think there's all that much reading up required to have fun with it, and the simplified stats system makes gemming much more straight forward in my eyes as well.