Worst console you ever owned

Asura

I had an original and QD N-Gage for professional reasons. The original died and went back to Nokia to be replaced by the QD. When the QD died it went back... and Nokia never replaced it. Oddly, I wasn't that fussed.

For various reasons, I ended up with half a dozen copies of Sims for N-Gage. Could not get rid of them. Quite literally -- when we had a council cleanup I put them outside in a box.

Somebody took the box.

My Wii.

I bought it out of pure impulse and for my love of Zelda and Mario.

I can count of one hand the amount of great games I played on it - the rest are purely party games or have no real replay value.

I've since traded it and got a 360 - which I now use way more than my PS3.

Depends on the time period. I'd agree towards the end of it's life as it went on for way too long.

I was amazed how long they managed to keep flogging that one. Didn't they re-release it towards the end of the 80s?

Totally agree though, it would probably be someone's worst ocncole if they'd been given one for Christmas in 1988.

I was amazed how long they managed to keep flogging that one. Didn't they re-release it towards the end of the 80s?

Totally agree though, it would probably be someone's worst ocncole if they'd been given one for Christmas in 1988.

It got re-released in 1984, but they did a big advertising campaign around 1989 for the 2600 Jr.

The strange thing is looking back at how much the games actually cost- at the end of this advert is says that the games range from £14.99 to £29.99. Not that much, you might think.. until you put it in the "Measuring Worth" calculator. Using the retail index, that works out as £40-£80 today!!!

[yt]OyODhKpELkc[/yt]

That's true. In fact, take a look back at British prices for VCS, Intellevision, Colecovision, Vectrex, etc cartridges from the late '70s, early '80s. It was nearly all in thirty quid range and up. No wonder us Britons took to computers with cheap cassette storage not long after!

River Raid, Pitfall, Pitfall 2, Hero, Kaboom!

These. The Activision stuff on the 2600 was miles ahead of everything else, including Atari's output. They're still very good games.

Not surprising though considering Atari's best staff left to form Activision.

These. The Activision stuff on the 2600 was miles ahead of everything else, including Atari's output. They're still very good games.

Not surprising though considering Atari's best staff left to form Activision.

There's a certain sense of irony that the original ex-Atari developers, that left to form Activision, were sued (unsuccessfully) by Atari. However, I don't believe it was for "insubordination".....

I had an N-Gage QD and for all its faults it wasn't completely awful. There was a turn-based military strategy game I had some fun with, as well as Sonic N which looked lovely but was unplayable on the N-Gage's portrait screen, leading you to have to play it windowed which made it look bad but play well enough.

Wasn't there a King of Fighters game available too? To be honest I didn't have it for that long, picked up some games for £1.99 and had some fun with it before I renewed my mobile phone contract and got an upgrade.

The conversion of Splinter Cell was utter dogshit though!

I quite like the NGage, too. The size of the cases lends itself well to the space-conscious collector. I picked a QD up a few years after release, and was still impressed with Tomb Raider. I've got quite a lot of games for it, as they're fairly cheap. The later games were actually quite impressive (One, System Rush, High Seize, Glimmerati, Snakes) I think the strategy game you speak of is Pathway to Glory.

Got to be my GBA. Unless it was used under perfect lighting conditions the screen was utter rubbish. I remember there was some mod you could do to add a backlight or something but I never bothered with it.

Afterburner, I think it was called. I had an original GBA with one installed and whilst it wasn't exactly DS-bright it was a damn sight better than a vanilla GBA.