The random discussion thread

Putting this in here. I googled bbc news today, the below spoiler has the page that came up. I might be wrong but isn't that Rio Ferdinand pictured in the top stories relating to the Kremlin and the Russian protests?

When did he become Russian? And if he's not Russian, when did he start working at the Kremlin :D

Spoiler

google.thumb.png.5436f318453e8965c02039870f64a776.png

I need help (PlayStation related).

I keep getting the ''Dualshock 4 battery level low'' warning message even when my controller is plugged in.  I've tried both USB ports on the PS4.

When it's plugged in and I go to the PSN Dashboard, the controller appears to be charging with the charge bar indicators powering up.  However as soon as I unplug my controller, it shows the power bar as empty whilst flashing.....

Any ideas, please?

If it shows the controller is charging, then the wire seems to be working. Or, it displays it's working when it isn't. 

Cheapest thing is to get a new/different wire first (about £2). But I think change the battery on the controller (£6) or get yourself a charging station to avoid further issues (£10+). 

If you pick up a new battery, drop me a ping, I can send you a few tutorial guides or videos. It's pretty straight forward but you need to be careful though every part on the pad can be replaced. 

I dont think the charging station will fix it, it will just help to keep your control topped up. It charges them even if the console is switched off whereas the wire only charges it if it's left in standby.

@Bleeders is right too though, the stick change is essential too, if you're opening it up anyway. 

Be careful with the tiny screws. I messed a couple of the threads on mine and basically snapped my pad in half to replace a trigger. It all works fine but I have a long white snap mark now. 

Not that I'm bothered.

Humble bundle are doing a PS4 bundle for a change, depends on the types of games you like but for just a dollar you unlock the first 5 games.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/get-334-worth-of-ps4-ps3-games-for-15-in-humble-thq-nordic-playstation-bundle-3452365

I bought it just for unwritten tales 2, bare in mind you need a US account to redeem the games, but most of us on here already have one.

45 minutes ago, mackenie said:

Humble bundle are doing a PS4 bundle for a change, depends on the types of games you like but for just a dollar you unlock the first 5 games.

http://www.gamezone.com/news/get-334-worth-of-ps4-ps3-games-for-15-in-humble-thq-nordic-playstation-bundle-3452365

I bought it just for unwritten tales 2, bare in mind you need a US account to redeem the games, but most of us on here already have one.

Thank you, I was going to buy Arcania a few weeks back so that will do nicely :) 

• 2 weeks later...

Posting this to raise awareness...

The Vita version of Everybody's Golf has to be in the top 5 sports games ever. We were chatting about importing this last night, only for it to be revealed as a worldwide release on 29th/30th August just now.

Absolute day one, essential purchase!

• 2 weeks later...