rllmuk
SaintM

The random discussion thread

When you come online Ricky, check if me, Vinnie, tcharliel or Baring are in a party - if so jump in. We play a few nights a week usually. 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if anyone here is picking it up but there’s a bunch of us jumping on Sea of Thieves from tomorrow. I’m getting the Windows 10 version myself (you need a half decent spec PC) but it’s also cross-network play for those on Xbone.

Drop me a ping if you fancy jumping in a crew. 

• Upvote 1

This is on game pass right? tempted to do a trial or see if i can get another month for a £1 to give it a try. 

Played a bit more Bloodborne this week, that Father Gascoigne is a right pain in ass! Still not killed him despite trying all the tips online like the tiny music box. I must just be too shit for this game!

edit: Finally beat the bastard! Only took about 15 tries in total!

• Upvote 1

Nice work Al! FG can also be cheesed a bit as sometimes he gets stuck behind one or two of the gravestones. Can't remember the next boss, it might be BSB (non spoilers acronym there) which is a great fight. Lemme know if you/anyone needs a hand with something Bloodborne-y, I haven't restarted yet but the beginning I can happily blitz through.

• Upvote 1

Cheers @Jamin, will give you a shout if I get stuck again. I’d farmed loads of blood echoes to be able to level up to 18 which seemed to give me that bit extra power to beat him. I used the graves to good effect along with the music box. Proper fist pump moment when he finally went down for the count!

Just bought PES on the Playstation sale. Could anyone tell me why it takes so long to load a menu and why the online lag is so atrocious? Any help here would be most welcome.

You’re in the wrong place here @dave7g try the PES thread in discussion or @Pockets might be able to help, he’s a regular PES’er for what it’s worth, slow menus was my experience on 17 so I didn’t buy 18.

• Upvote 1

Howdy folks, just posting here for visibility. A new tennis game is coming out in a couple of weeks...

Tennis World Tour - £38.85

It looks half decent and is apparently partially developed by some of those who worked on Topspin. I'll be picking it up, if anyone else is, drop me a ping.

Any of you boys getting on the H1Z1 battle royale beta when it drops? Coming to PS4 in mid May. Think I'm a bit burned out by Fortnite. That and being perpetually shite at the building! 

Exactly why I'm a bit excited about it, the building is so integral to Fortnite but I just don't think it's for me. Speed builders are ten a penny, hats off to them they're very good at it, I just want a BR game with just the guns, on PS4. So well up for this. Cheers charlie for the link, I've signed up. If I don't get into the Closed Beta then I'm all in for the Open Beta.

• Empathy 1

Signed up. 

I suck badly at Fortnite still. It’s harder than ever against the builders. 

• Upvote 1

We should all just play fifa 17 again like the good old days.

After about 4 or 5 months of no fifa I genuinely miss it with you guys.

:hug:

• Upvote 2

I still plan to get FIFA 19 Hogg so maybe we can reconvene for Clubs games in September. If it's trash I'll get rid soon after again, no loss because it retains it's price pretty well. I'm done with '18 though, genuinely not missed it at all since I binned it, how people have the patience for it I just don't know. Have played some other great games I probably wouldn't have had the time for otherwise.

Hopefully H1Z1 will be a decent Battle Royale game we can all get on with!

Is Veron in Fifa?  He’s at Estudiantes as a player chairman. 

It's that time again where I recommend a sports game that might go amiss:

Super Mega Baseball 2 - I have the first one, got it for a couple of quid, and it's great but it doesn't have online multiplayer. This one does! It's got a tonne of player customisation, the mechanics are good and they've added some more systems to make the gameplay deeper, especially for tracking player form and fitness over multiple games.

Also a special mention for Blood Bowl 2 if anyone picks that up cheap. it's basically turn-based American Football with gore.

• Upvote 1

Super Mega Baseball 2 is on games with gold this month. I’ve played a few games against the AI and although it’s pretty hard I like it so far.