rllmuk
SaintM

The random discussion thread

Boy, we eating chicken dinner tonight...

Bagged myself first place, gets half decent from 12:15. Hip firing the shotgun and the lack of recoil on sniper rifles is way over powered. The game is a mad dash to find those weapons quickest and then get a decent position. 

1 hour ago, Pants McSkill said:

Football Manager 2018 is back down to a shade under £13 in the Steam Summer sale, which I need to mention because most of you lot don't have it.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/624090/Football_Manager_2018/

It's fucking brilliant and I'm genuinely baffled as to why more of this sub don't play it, you nob ends.

Woah woah woah, I have the Steam version and the Switch version, I ain't buying it again :D

• Upvote 1

I normally get the urge to play it again every couple of years, I stick with it for a few weeks and get really invested. Then I remember that I am absolutely terrible at it and no amount of guidance has helped me improve.

Also, these days, I just have a lot less time :(

34 minutes ago, smithstock said:

No excuse, get a switch ^_^

30 minutes ago, smithstock said:

I normally get the urge to play it again every couple of years, I stick with it for a few weeks and get really invested. Then I remember that I am absolutely terrible at it and no amount of guidance has helped me improve.

I'll show you some stuff! Knowing the basics well is all you need to win titles... eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Baring said:

Is it on PS4 or Xbox?

That's the PC/Mac version. But there's a not-very scaled down version (which is still the core game engine) available on Switch and on Tablets.

13 minutes ago, Luseth said:

No excuse, get a switch ^_^

Had one, no games, got rid of it.

I'm more about emulation stuff these days and I'm quite selective about what I play now too.

14 minutes ago, smithstock said:

Had one, no games, got rid of it.

I'm more about emulation stuff these days and I'm quite selective about what I play now too.

I know a few people who got one and ended up going that way with getting rid yet I've found more games I enjoy on there than any console in the first 12-18 months ^_^ Each to their own I guess

Emulation I did when I was younger but I much prefer having original when it comes to consoles / physical games etc even though it tends to take up an enormous amount of room. The misses has accepted that I will get the garage converted to a games room one day :)

Any switch owners among us? got one recently as  present from the misses/kids for fathers day and birthday. (I knew I was getting it so made sure they picked games for the kids would like Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey) but now looking at picking up something I can get my teeth into so was wondering what people would recommend?

I am guessing Zelda/Skyrim are going to be pretty high up. but can only really just about afford 1 game at the moment  what with life going on..

and what can I say I trust you guys in our little corner of rllmuk :) 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, humdrum said:

Any switch owners among us? got one recently as  present from the misses/kids for fathers day and birthday. (I knew I was getting it so made sure they picked games for the kids would like Mario Kart 8 and Mario Odyssey) but now looking at picking up something I can get my teeth into so was wondering what people would recommend?

I am guessing Zelda/Skyrim are going to be pretty high up. but can only really just about afford 1 game at the moment  what with life going on..

and what can I say I trust you guys in our little corner of rllmuk :) 

You are in for a treat :)

Zelda's the obvious choice if your into open world rpg's. It's got far less hand holding than Skyrim does though both games will keep you going for absolute ages. Though I suspect you might find you will enjoy mario too.

Errrm if you like JRPG's I would highly recommend xenoblade chronicles 2 as well. Really enjoyed that.

If you like games like devil may cry you can get Bayonetta 2 (brand new it comes with a download code for the first game). Not something i'm into but the games are meant to be great.

That said for the same money you can spend on those you could pick up 3 or 4 good indie games. Stardew Valley, West of Loathing & Golf story are 3 that spring to mind.

And bare in mind Fortnite is on there now so that's a good free game to pick up :)

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Luseth I'll take a look never played any xenoblade of devil may cry. so i'll grab fortnite and my gut is telling me Zelda as if by some chance I don't like it, it seems to be holding its value pretty well.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, humdrum said:

Thanks @Luseth I'll take a look never played any xenoblade of devil may cry. so i'll grab fortnite and my gut is telling me Zelda as if by some chance I don't like it, it seems to be holding its value pretty well.

Anytime, i've just picked up Crash to play on my holiday this week but I quite fancy Shining resonance refrain & Ys VIII as well. The JRPG's are starting to filter through so should hopefully become by go to console before long.

3 minutes ago, Theholyhogg said:

Rocket league,the best game ever made for under 20 quid

Hopefully he should already have that on PS4 though, it was free on ps plus ages ago wern't it?

Yer he should have but some don't install all the games when they're on plus, I forget all the time ,they should be automatically purchased so u don't have to mess about 

oh piggy, I would never let you down like that 

www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?/topic/305975-rocket-league-collectors-editon-switch-%C2%A31595/&tab=comments#comment-11895625

:)

• Upvote 1

Thanks @Luseth and @theholyhogg brought breath of the wild last night and it seems really good so far, only done up to like the second mission as the marker I was meant to follow at the start disappeared and I couldn't work out how to get it back.But just wanted to say thanks!

On 13/07/2018 at 08:31, humdrum said:

Thanks @Luseth and @theholyhogg brought breath of the wild last night and it seems really good so far, only done up to like the second mission as the marker I was meant to follow at the start disappeared and I couldn't work out how to get it back.But just wanted to say thanks!

Mate, it’s amazing. Once you get the Paraglider it really opens up and you release how huuuuuge the map is. 

Didn't know if anybody was interested but...

No Man's Sky just got a mega multiplayer patch and is currently £15 on PS Store. 

Also, Golf Club 2019 is coming soon if anyone fancies jumping on that alongside FIFA. 

I've went to cex this week and bought gc2, not really got a career mode but the actual golfing parts of the game are really nice and enjoyable once you get used to it. 

I'll Probably get the third 

Any of you guys got any suggestions for an alternative to 247hd which has been particularly poor this last month?