IGNORED

Killzone 3

The Sarge

Killzone 2 and 3 are really odd games visually. They share a similar problem I had with Uncharted 2, in that technically they're incredible, but there's something wrong with them. It's like there is literally too much stuff going on on screen that a lot of it just loses it's impact. Some parts of gears of war 2 had the same problem. It's like the developers just don't understand that sometimes less is more and pack the levels with so much unnecessary detail that the on screen image becomes overwhelming. I call it Michael Bay syndrome.

I think the only problem with Killzone's graphics is the weird proportions when you compare your character to the items in the world. And KZ2 could have used more variety. Apart from that they're stunning games from a graphical point of view, but gameplay-wise they don't offer enough for me to spend my money on them. They're not bad games, but they're not great games either. Uncharted 2 is though and it should never be mentioned in the same breath as Michael Bay. ;)

I think the only problem with Killzone's graphics is the weird proportions when you compare your character to the items in the world. And KZ2 could have used more variety. Apart from that they're stunnign games from a graphical point of view, but gameplay-wise they don't offer enough for me to spend my money on them. They're not bad games, but they're not great games either. Uncharted 2 is though and it should never be mentioned in the same breath as Michael Bay. ;)

Why not? Everything shoots and explodes and there are McGuffins everywhere, sounds pretty bay to me.

Why not? Everything shoots and explodes and there are McGuffins everywhere, sounds pretty bay to me.

It's better acted for starters, with a better story to boot. ;)

No shakey cam or machine gun editing either, I (and I presume most players) never had any problems in following what was going on. And there are many bits without gunfire and explosions, but that goes without saying.

It's better acted for starters, with a better story to boot. ;)

No shakey cam or machine gun eiditing either, I (and I presume most players) never had any problems in following what was going on. And there are many bits without gunfire and explosions, but that goes without saying.

If Uncharted 3 features a 'metal blender frappé' scene, I'll know where to find you. ;)

I think the only problem with Killzone's graphics is the weird proportions when you compare your character to the items in the world. And KZ2 could have used more variety. Apart from that they're stunnign games from a graphical point of view, but gameplay-wise they don't offer enough for me to spend my money on them. They're not bad games, but they're not great games either. Uncharted 2 is though and it should never be mentioned in the same breath as Michael Bay. ;)

I thought you would be more supportive towards Guerilla Studio's, seeing they are from the Netherlands and all :)

Well, they are cool guys and I wish them all the best, but I want them to raise their game some more (not just technically).

Did you complete KZ2? Story and characters are indeed not special in any kind of way, but I like the gameplay in KZ. Gunplay is very meaty and the AI is quite dynamic. Feels totally different than CoD which is sooo 'on rails' as so to speak.

Did you complete KZ2? Story and characters are indeed not special in any kind of way, but I like the gameplay in KZ. Gunplay is very meaty and the AI is quite dynamic. Feels totally different than CoD which is sooo 'on rails' as so to speak.

It's certainly not bad, but my FPS games need a hook. It's not my fave genre, so it needs to offer something really special. I'm more interested in Bulletstorm, which feels more fresh (and fun) to me.

I agree it's sad, especially since I'm Dutch and have nothing but love for fellow countrymen devs even if I don't like their games at all, but it would be strange (or even hypocritical) to consider it more sad than the way 360 gamesalways leak a week or so before their release - or even a month before in case of really popular titles like Halo. The Killzone 3 leak is only remarkable and surprising because we're not used to PS3 titles leaking in the same way as 360 titles have done for years now.

Multiplayer of the game will be the main draw, and considering custom firmware PS3's can't get online without a considerably risky method that could probably brick your PS3 (messing around with the dev_flash thingy), it will have lessened impact due to 3.56 cutting out PSN to custom firmware dudes