IGNORED

Europa Cup - Season 21

Important Information

Please see post #2 for cup rules.

Due to the europa only having 20 people it won't just be the usual 'top two qualify from the group' format, and to avoid the situation of last year where 3 quarters of the people went through we will be doing the following: ONLY 8 PEOPLE WILL QUALIFY FROM THE 5 GROUPS, thats right two people who finish second will be kncocked out, the lowest two based on points total etc.

To keep things running smoothly there will be games which have to be played by a certain date, below is the list of fixtures and when they need to be played by, THESE DEADLINES ARE TO BE TREATED AS KNOCKOUT ROUND DEADLINES AND THE MATCHES NEED TO BE PLAYED WITHOUT EXTENSIONS.

Fixture week 2 - DEADLINE Sunday 20th June at midnight:

Group Standings:

Group A

Team							P  W  D  L  F   A   GD  Pts  
(Q)Samo (Galatasaray) 6 5 1 0 17 6 11 16
(Q)Fry Crayola (Wolfsburg) 6 3 1 2 11 10 1 10
Wincho (Everton) 6 1 3 2 11 11 0 6
Swallow (Borussia Dortmund) 6 0 1 5 3 15 -12 1

Group B

Team						P  W  D  L  F   A   GD  Pts  
(Q)Mitchell (Benfica) 6 4 1 1 21 9 12 13
(Q)Scratch (Villarreal) 6 4 1 1 19 10 9 13
Nathan (Ajax) 6 2 2 2 11 14 -3 8
Jayd (Lazio) 6 0 0 6 0 18 -18 0

Group C

Team							 P  W  D  L  F   A   GD  Pts  
(Q)Manic Minor (Aston Villa) 6 5 0 1 31 7 24 15
AlfromSleep (Lyon) 6 3 1 2 13 13 0 10
Razzle (Bayer Leverkusen) 4 1 0 3 6 15 -9 3
SaintM (Southampton) 4 0 1 3 6 21 -15 1

Group D

Team						   P  W  D  L  F   A   GD  Pts  
(Q)Timmo (Udinese) 6 5 1 0 22 11 11 16
Superstarbeejay (Valencia) 6 3 1 2 21 8 13 10
(Q)Smithstock (Sevilla) 6 2 2 2 16 19 -3 8
railton89 (Genoa) 6 0 0 6 11 32 -21 0

Group E

Team							P  W  D  L  F   A   GD  Pts  
(Q)tris3d (Atletico Madrid) 6 5 0 1 22 5 17 15
Joffy (Hamburger) 6 1 2 3 8 11 -3 3
Humdrum (Porto) 6 1 4 1 4 7 -3 3
Siread (Marseille) 6 1 2 3 6 17 -11 3

Second place qualifying(points and GD):

Scratch (Villarreal) - 13 - +9

Superstarbeejay (Valencia) - 10 +13

Fry Crayola (Wolfsburg) - 10 - +1

AlfromSleep (Lyon) - 10 - 0

Joffy (Hamburger) - 3 - -3

During the group stages there will be no fixtures on the league website, all fixture arranging will need to be done in this thread and all results reported to me.

Group stage - Match setup

7 Minute half matches

You play your opponenet twice with each team hosting one.

No extra time or penatlies in these fixtures.

Group qualification: All first placed finishers qualify for the next round, second placed finishers will be listed based on Points, then GD, GS, Away Wins, Coin toss. The top 3 of the 5 second placed teams will qualify for the knockout round.

Knockout rounds - Match Setup

One 7 minute half match with a replay, extra time and penalties if needed.

Home team hosts.

*Quarters and Semi finals to be two legs*

Match arrangements/reporting

All match arrangements should be made via this thread!, if pm's are used i am not able to consider them when looking at who made more effort, so anything you send via pm should also be put in the thread.

Please note: All ties not played by the deadline will be decided by me, There will be no extensions. The effort to get a fixture played will decide who goes through to the next round, if neither party has made an effort the decision will be toin coss if a winner is needed.

Any questions/problems/issues then let me know otherwise Good luck!

Timmo, when you up for another battle mate? Thursday, Fri, Sat, Sun about 8:15 - 10 are best for me.

Can do tonight if you want.

Tonight shouldn't be a problem although if something is happening I'd rather go out. Say 8? Are you easy with it being a maybe or would you rather arrange something definite instead?

Tonight shouldn't be a problem although if something is happening I'd rather go out. Say 8? Are you easy with it being a maybe or would you rather arrange something definite instead?

Maybe is fine for me. I'll be around but have to put my daughter to bed at 8 so won't be on until a bit later. just drop me an invite or pm me.

After 8pm and upto midnight is good for me

Cool, LJ is playing tomorrow night so ill work it before or after his game, although his k.o time is TBC, ill keep you informed but its on for tomorrow night for sure.

Cool, LJ is playing tomorrow night so ill work it before or after his game, although his k.o time is TBC, ill keep you informed but its on for tomorrow night for sure.

No problem. I'll be on all night anyway so just pop me an invite when you are ready

Argh i feel like a prick for saying this but im afraid im gonna have to cancel tonight, i got some sort of sunburn and ive got the shivers + cold and other symptoms of mild sunstroke even though im not that burnt. I know if i play it tonight and the worst happens ill be regretting it, i was just playing FF13 and i couldn't get past 5 minutes of it without feeling the strains and stresses.

Im off uni now so i can play whenever, you said you were available thursday but if you can do it earlier or a different time then just say.

My apologies once again :coffee:

G.A.Y :)

:coffee: No probs mate. I can't do Thurday now as I'm playing my first league games with Razzle and then BAP.

Shall we say next Monday (it's the bank hol mind) at the same time unless we happen to both be on before then.

Alternatively I'm normally on Tues nights too but the missus goes out and I am left in charge of the kids so I try to avoid arranging games for Tuesdays - I'm sure it'll be OK though (You just know I've jinxed it now and the baby won't stop crying all night)

Yeah, what's the reasoning for that Mackenie? It says in the first post that it's 'to keep things fair'. How so? We don't do it in the normal league and it's not like all group games are played at the same time in real life (or are they, I'm genuinely not sure).

By the time the results are announced I'll have completely forgotten our games and will be unable to do a report...

Not having a go or anything, appreciate your hard work on all this.

its not hard for people to do a repots on word.... the reason it was done as that was for the people that play their games early then post the results, which people would inevitably do, we could just leave the last week of group games for me to announce if people would rather do that?