NHL 11

bradigor

Last nights EASHL games were truly depressing.I though I was playing NHL 10 again.The game is so fast now it feels like the physics can't can't keep up.The 1v1 games against Charlie were hilarious for all the wrong reasons.Unlike the cracking tactical games I had against Charlie and Brad when the game first came out these games were just end to end skatefests.Neither of us had time to set up in the zone due to the speed the game is at now and why bother when you can skate around the whole team with Todd Marchant :facepalm:

@Matt

I'd be up for some HUT trading definitely.My team is pretty poor as it stands not helped but some unlucky card packs.Im away until tomorrow evening but will have a look then to see if there's any deals we can do :)

Hey guys,

NHL 11 is on the way to me! Hooray!

I've taken the decision to create a new BAP team when I get the game. The fact that you can only play one BAP team at a time as I understand it (unlike NHL 10 where you could have up to 5 games playing simultaneously) and that for the last few months we were essentially split right down the middle and didn't play together anyway (something that still rankles with me) means that it's probably best to go back to how we were.

Good luck out there, and if we get you in a game I hope we have a bloody good game.

Seems like we inadvertently prepared for this scenario :lol:

I am sure we could do some loans over the coming months too :P

Good to see that you are getting it Rich, look forward to playing you again. Will set your team up as a rival when you are set up.

By the way, has the package arrived?

When are you all starting your BAGM modes?

It made me think about a possible feature for NHL12. BAGM Online allowing you to play your GM career as a private online group. You play through a schedule (set it as LIVE or Fast or something) and play through the season. 10 of you taking control of teams and playing in a dynamic league. If you miss a game that you were due to play that day, then it is simmed for you (so it isn't always a defeat).

I think it would be an amazing online mode that mixes online and offline games.

I'll probably get it in a week or so :)

EDIT: Although if it's really just like NHL10 now, I might just keep NHL10...!

Have EA actually made it worse? I thought the demo was fine, except for passing.

The game was perfect until 2 days ago and tuner set 1.03

Jesus fucking christ, just lost a game 6-2 despite being 1-0 up with 10 mins to play, because the cunt just started spamming the dekes, checks were having no effect at all. He as able to hold the puck and and skate to net, deke and goal. One goal even saw him twatted by three players at once and still come out of it cleanly.

I'm not running into many of the problems you guys are. 1v1 is still pretty good for me. I'm actually pretty damn good at backchecking now whereas guys were killing me on the 1-on-1 rush to begin with.

1 thing I REALLY hate is the 2 goalie glitch -- happening to ME, not the opponent. I lose a skater and the goalie(s) is no better. Just frustrates me beyond belief. Broke 1 control already and the 2nd keeps needing me to push the battery pack in. Had to quit a game within 5 minutes because it continually said "please reonnect controller" and I just couldn't sort it, even with a wired one. :facepalm:

Can't see myself playing BEAGM any time soon. Though I will give it a try at some point if I can find some good sliders.

Jesus fucking christ, just lost a game 6-2 despite being 1-0 up with 10 mins to play, because the cunt just started spamming the dekes, checks were having no effect at all. He as able to hold the puck and and skate to net, deke and goal. One goal even saw him twatted by three players at once and still come out of it cleanly.

Dude, that sounds worse than NHL10! If they don't sort this out, I won't be buying it. I can't take the stress!

What is the goalie glitch?

During a line change, one of your skaters is replaced by a goalie, giving you 2 goalies but only 4 skaters. Unless you're on a PK, and then you get shafted even more and have to defend 3 against 5. That's what happened to me late in a 0-0 game. Lost 1-0. You'd think having 2 goalies might improve your netminding but they're no better than having 1. :facepalm:

Anyway, I seem to have found something that has fixed it for me, at least for 2 games. Take everyone off your roster, then add them all back in. Seems to have done the trick.

On a different matter, I love the scoring variation in this game, but I wish really bad shots went in a much smaller % of the time. In OT, some dude I was playing hit a slapshot with a right-hand player on the right board, about halfway up or so (so a pretty whack angle), and it beat my keeper near side. I was just like WTF?

Have gone back to an early NHL10 tactic now. Be sure NEVER to switch to a D-Man when you are without the puck, try to stay at a LW or RW if possible, but a C if you can't help it. Let the D men do their job on their own. Not how I want to play, but will have to do for now.

Ok... Finally clicked with the new tuner set* Three wins on the bounce. All three were very very close games and I faced teams of varying strategy. It requires you to be very very disciplined more than anything. Try to switch to a DEF and it seems to confuse other players on your line up. So as soon as you lose possession REMOVE your finger from RT and just take the player you have and skate him into position (Covering RD with LW, LD with RW of between the hash marks with C for example). If you don't switch the team seem to defend much better.

Obviously you will still concede as it is hockey and goals are inevitable, but it forces the other team to use some variety at the very least.

*v1.03 - I still don't like it by the way.

Sounds like more pain than the last game TBH - lots more moaning at least!

Best sports game ever? I still love NHL10, even with the glitchers... though most of them have the new game now so I am just thrashing n00bs.

Give it a try mate. Nowhere near as many glitches in 11 and IMO a far, far superior game in every single way.

My complaints about 11 are more like mild annoyances compared to the truly ridiculous ways of 10. The wraparounds, cross-crease, complete lack of scoring variation, end-to-end arcade style, etc.

BTW the glitch I admittedly was getting seriously pissed off with *IS* completely fixed. Haven't had any issue since. In fact, I've blown up my team almost completely and re-built it with some pucks I saved up. Rocking the MPS-Datsyuk-Perry first line. :coffee:

The duplicate cards thing is being worked on as far as I am aware. I don't know why people can't just enjoy a game, rather than try and break it and ruin it for others :(

I see a future of private set ups only. So that cheating cunts can all cheat together and the rest of use can enjoy the game as we see fit.

The problem is that as it stands to manage a proper online private setup requires a lot of work away from the game (see Operation Sports for tools), whereas it should be as part of the game itself.

Maybe I will give it a go though. The game is supposed to be fun. Whenever I complain to a glitching cunt, he then tells me not to take is so seriously, that it's only a game and that the English should be playing cricket anyway.

They tend to forget we actually invented the game the the Stanley Cup is named after a English man.

Cant we just make xbox live over 25s over, that would get rid off most of the glitching cunts.

I would not be in favour of this seeing how I'm 24. ;)

I just bought a standard pack in HUT for 2500 pucks. Was hoping to get a capable 3rd-line winger in the high 70s/low 80s. I scanned through real quick and I thought my best card was a medium international arena (which as well as being pointless I already have) - WTF!! - but on 2nd look I got real lucky and plucked a Jason Spezza out of nowhere. :D

I figure I was due. I'd had a run of pretty meh packs, so Spezza at 88/94 with 75 games is pretty nice.