NHL 11

bradigor

Is there a card that can up your cap space? I am currently rated at 86,84,76 and have no cap room left. Yet other teams are full of superstars and rated along the lines of 90, 88, 84. Am I missing something?

Decided that the way I play I really need to get my chemistry right more than anything, so looking to get as many 'Wings in the lineup as possible.

Looking on the Operation Sports forum for NHL 12 wishlist was a bad idea.

Here is my contribution:

1. Proper private leagues

2. Online BAGM upto 10 players vs 20 CPU (fully scheduled so that any missed games from Human are simmed if they are supposed to play AI' date=' or allow other to play against AI if it was meant to be Human vs Human)

3. Better training drills in EASHL Practice

4. Dynamic EASHL stats based on form and perfomance. EG: Everyone starts at a set attribute for the player type they chose. If they play well they get an increase in attributes (example, if they scored in last game they get a +1 on SHT attribute) this is capped so players can't become over powerful. Eg: SHT will be between 50-90 starting at 70. Should stop players stacking certain attributes via boost slots.

5. Presentation up there with NHL 2K5

6. Further improvements to the physics engine.

7. More tactical options. So you have the ability to give pre-game instructions to individual players...EG: Telling Holmstrom to sit infront of the net when the puck is cycled, or telling DEF Line 1 to always be on the ice when other teams FWD Line 2 is on the ice.

8. Ability to set tactics and the like on a website rather than only ingame. Would this require a cloud system? Same with league, boxscore etc, so you can share these with friends, via facebook, twitter or forums.

9. Introduce a full cloud system[/quote']

Is there a card that can up your cap space? I am currently rated at 86,84,76 and have no cap room left. Yet other teams are full of superstars and rated along the lines of 90, 88, 84. Am I missing something?

Decided that the way I play I really need to get my chemistry right more than anything, so looking to get as many 'Wings in the lineup as possible.

I made the mistake of getting into cap hell. It's training guys who don't have a BIG contract. If a player is better than he was the last time you gave him a contract, his price goes up. Say you've got a guy who's 80ovr/90pot. You need to slap a 30+ game contract on him, train him to 83-85, wait until the contract is almost done, then slap another 30+ on him before finishing his training. If you train him fully you'll be paying big bucks.

I can't bench him with his 97skt/97sht because he's ridiculously good for me, but Brent Burns (TWD RD) is costing me 1850.

So the 1.04 tuner set is out. Not as good as 1.01, but slows the game down a bit from 1.03 and seems to give a better variation of goals.

Done with playing randoms I think though. Lets get a proper league going while the interest is still there.

More detailed notes on the changes:

-Increase post-whistle penalties when the post-whistle rules are set to Authentic.

It was correctly noted that penalties for post-whistle antics were not called often with the Authentic settings so it has been tuned to happen more often. This will only have an effect if the Post Whistle Rules setting is on Authentic.

-Small increase in goalie acceleration (part way between previous tuner and original values).

The change made in the previous tuning update had the desired effect of increasing goal scoring, but it can afford to be reduced a bit and the change made playing as a human controlled goalie difficult. Goalie acceleration was increased for all cases, but moreso for when the goalie is standing than in butterfly.

-Increase CPU player fatigue when hustling to correspond with human players.

This is correcting a bias that favored CPU players. The intent was that CPU teammates shouldn't use up all of the energy in modes without controller locking, but it affects all all CPU teams and CPU players in locked modes too, which gave the CPU players an unfair advantage.

-Increase effect of the shot accuracy slider at the bottom end (offline games only).

This is intended primarily so that players who play with long period lengths can create a more authentic game. More tuning to this will be possible following the patch.

-Stop CPU goalie from passing the puck out sometimes even when nobody was calling for it. (OTP/EASHL only).

CPU goalies would pass the puck out without anyone calling for it and if the player he intended to receive it was skating away the puck would be left in a very dangerous position.

-Reduce tendency for aggressive goalies to skate out to play the puck in dangerous situations (HUT and Versus only)

Goalies with high Puck Playing Frequency (like Turco) would be too aggressive in going out to play a puck that an opponent or teammate would get to immediately after. The change makes them less aggressive at the extreme.

Oh man, how much does confidence matter in this game? Went from a 4 game losing streak to a 3 game winning streak. The only thing I changed was switching from a Collapsing D to Staggered and being a bit smoother on the RS. I found I was getting frustrated and snatching at most efforts and starting take bad shots from poor areas.

Choosing a puck side attack slowed down any potential breakaways from the other team. I just need to stop conceding silly early goals and to panic less when I do go behind. I have at least cut out the conceding two goals in quick succession which was happening of late.

HUT is looking better too.

LINE 1: All Redwings

LINE 2: All Lightning

LINE 3: Redwings Oilers Redwings

LINE 4: NYI NYI St Louis

DEF1: Redwings

DEF2: Phoenix ST Louis

DEF 3: Redwings

Team chemistry is now at 79 and it is really helping when it comes to cycling the puck around the offensive zone.

I've signed up for the 1v1 league :) .Gone with the Canucks as I fancied a change from the Sharks.

Had a few games of EASHL last night with Scott and Charlie.The speed feels better again now but we suffered some terrible goaltending errors.Hard to tell yet whether it's the new tuber or just bad luck on our part.Still not as good as the first tuner set :(

Spending some more time with the latest tuner set. Really happy with it, shows that 1.03 was an exception and EACanada knew they needed to sort it out ASAP. Still not up there with 1.01, however it give a much better balance to the game, lost one in a ShootOut last night, but I really enjoyed the game.

It does however really work with offline play, should be about time to check out the sliders from Operation Sports.

Did any of you guys play some more Playoff games after the servers went down?

We won the next game but then got hammered 4-0 but some supee tam whose players were so fast they could just speed burst past our AI D every time :( It's laot harder to win games with just 2 players now which I suppose is a good thing to encourage larger teams. Turns out the game we played earlier in the day didn't count towards our playoff progress.I assume you have to play them all at once for them to count.

Damn, that was fun last night. Did the mighty rllmuk actually lose any games? There was only one lot I actually felt sorry for, that team that had the weird bounce for one of our goals.

Slotted into my natural position of LD quite well, I thought.

That was great fun last night, getting more of a feel for it again now. Had a great 1v1 against mick when everyone had gone as well, think we must have a similar playing style, I tried a few different things but couldn't break him down consistantly. Despite going 1-0 down he won it 2-1 shortly into OT on a cool breakaway finish. I really need to work on clearing my own zone, the slightest bit of pressure and I tend to be coughing the puck up in some really horrible places.

Edit :-

Also!

LAST CALL FOR THE RLLMUK FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE!

If you havent taken the time to sign up yet then please do so, have 5 teams in it so far but more teams makes it far more interesting. Think there is room for 10. Also if you have signed up dont forget to edit your pre-draft rankings.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

League number 9476, password = gosensgo

Damn, that was fun last night. Did the mighty rllmuk actually lose any games? There was only one lot I actually felt sorry for, that team that had the weird bounce for one of our goals.

Slotted into my natural position of LD quite well, I thought.

The man's a natural :hat: We won every game as well.It's down to the powers of our amazing kit I feel.Pink is the colour of winners.

That was great fun last night, getting more of a feel for it again now. Had a great 1v1 against mick when everyone had gone as well, think we must have a similar playing style, I tried a few different things but couldn't break him down consistantly. Despite going 1-0 down he won it 2-1 shortly into OT on a cool breakaway finish. I really need to work on clearing my own zone, the slightest bit of pressure and I tend to be coughing the puck up in some really horrible places.

Edit :-

Also!

LAST CALL FOR THE RLLMUK FANTASY HOCKEY LEAGUE!

If you havent taken the time to sign up yet then please do so, have 5 teams in it so far but more teams makes it far more interesting. Think there is room for 10. Also if you have signed up dont forget to edit your pre-draft rankings.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/hockey

League number 9476, password = gosensgo

It was a brilliantly tight game Matt.Like I said last night we seemd to cancel each other out.Both my goals did have a touch of fortune about them though.The rebound for the first couldn't have fallen for Sedin any better and I've no idea how my pass got all the through for the breakaway goal.Cracking game though,going on the people I've played so far the league should be a close run thing :)