NHL 11

bradigor

Yeah we have been awesome recently, we have won 9 games in a row and I have scored 21 goals in 6 games.

Indeed.Charlie seems to have broken the game as he can score from literally anywhere :D

We beat a pretty good Elite Playoff winner last night 4-0 even after they had battered us for the first period.

We were just awesome in that game, we soaked up all their pressure without them really troubling us and then later in the game they started to get frustrated as I bust out my amazing skills and scored another hat trick.

Scott is a amazing LW now too and that's without him changing his pro from a D man. I cant wait to see him play as a power forward.

Cool, will be on tonight, as Lo is feeling much better.

Been playing a lot of 1v1 of late and the new tuner set works really well when it comes to switching tactics around. I am able to put pressure on when needed and stand off a bit more when I need a breather. Is great when you are able to get your top lines out against a tired weaker defence :D

The fantasy draft has now taken place guys, check out who you managed to draft in your teams, you can start trading or swapping for free agents all through the season now. Really happy with my wingers (Ovechkin, Kovalchuk, Kane, Gaborik), centres I have Toews and Zetterberg who will hopefully have a better season, and Getzlaf as a backup isn't too shabby, I'll stick with Zetterberg for now and see how he starts the season. Defence I got Doughty, Ehrhoff, Myers and Kronwall, if Kronwall can stay healthy the word is he's on a starting pair with Lidstrom so his numbers should be good, Doughty and Ehrhoff should be solid and Myers put up amazing numbers in his calder cup winning rookie season last year, he pretty much won the league for me last season. Goalies wise I got Rask who again had an amazing rookie year last season and can hopefully do the same this year, he led the league in GAA and SV%, Craig Anderson who played a record number of starts for Colorado last season and put up good numbers and Nik Backstrom who should be the starter for Minnesota again.

I've had a peek at everyone else's teams too and because there were only 6 of us no-one really has any non-producing players in there, could be anyone's season. Now we just need the season to start :D

You'll be glad to know Brad some people (NHL.com and TSN.ca) making their informed predictions this season have got the Red Wings to win the stanley cup this year, beating Washington in the finals. If they can stay healthy that could well be true, Datsyuk and Zetterberg both had poor seasons...only getting 70 points a piece :P , if they step up and Howard plays like last year then there's no reason why not.

Last season was the first I can remember when rookie and under-the-radar goalies really took the limelight, before Chicago and Niemi and even Philly and Boucher/Leighton it was generally accepted you weren't going to win a cup without a superstar goalie winning games for you. I was talking to a fellow goalie last night after training and it's so hard to predict who will be hot to watch this season between the pipes. Guys like Tuuka Rask, Antii Niemi, Jaroslav Halak and Brian Elliot all got a chance through injury or poor play from the starters (Tim Thomas, Christobal Huet, Carey Price and Pascal Leclaire), and they just played so well that they couldn't be dropped. Myself being an old cynic, I would say Washington won't win anything with the goalies they have, but I would love for Varlamov or Neuvirth to step up and prove me wrong.

As for my Sens, I'll go ahead and say that Spezza will improve this season big time, Alfie will be Alfie and chip in but won't get the numbers he did last season again, if Leclaire can stay healthy he might actually be able to perform like the goalie he was promised to be, Gonchar will probably help offensively a lot on powerplays but he doesn't have a Crosby or a Malkin to finish it off for him. I won't even predict we'll make the playoffs, with how streaky we were last season it's too hard to tell, if we can calm it down and just play consistently then that would honestly be a good enough season for me.

I'd like for Vancouver to win the cup this season, just because I want the cup back in Canada and I think they're the only team in Canada with a shot this season. Also as an underdog I think Tampa Bay will be up there this season, they'll probably let in a ton of goals but with the firepower they have they'll just be able to outscore most teams. Also Steven Stamkos I've been reading has been training like a madman this summer, also he's in a contract year so next year he'll be eligable for a big raise if he can play like he did in 09-10, I loved watching Gagne for Philly in the playoffs and I think he'll be a great addition to Tampa, he's also in a contract year. It will be interesting to see what Yzerman does with his salary cap next season, I think we'll get 1 season of seeing Lecavalier, St.Louis, Stamkos and Gagne playing together before it has to be broken up.

I personally think we'll lose the Conference Final, I think it may be either Calgary or San Jose to make it this year. Agree about Tampa Bay and for me they would be my second choice to win it.

Yzerman will send talent the way of the 'Wings ready for when he takes over from Kenny Holland ;)

Fuck me... Just been absolutely left shell shocked by a complete smash and grab effort.

Playing this guy and it is a nice fair game, I take a 2-0 lead into the final 10 mins of the 3rd period. He hits 5 shots and score 5 goals in 8 minutes, I grab one back late on and the game finishes 5-3 to him. All his goals were fair on his part, he wasn't glitching of anything. The thing that really gutted me, was the flukey nature of his 1st that set it all up. Jimmy Howard drops and easy catch that hits the guys stick and creeps over the line.

Fucking mad game :lol:

Had my first game yesterday against a random. Well, two randoms it seemed like (does it allow that? Could have sworn there were two controller arrows on the opposition team). Philly vs my Bruins, 0-0 and lost in the sixth round of the shootout. Not bad considering I had only played BAP and no clue what to do with the goalie.

How does it match levels and level you up?

Anyone about tomorrow night for some EASHL?

Just played my 100th ranked online game, lost 3-2, but it was against the 71st best player in the world. Gutting thing was two of his goals were my own fault.

:omg: :OMG:

I just beat the person ranked 23rd in the WORLD!!!!!

He went 1-0 up with a wraparound goal after I gave up the puck behind the net.

I made it 1-1 after a scrap in the neutral zone, Datsyuk broke free and poked the puck between Hillers legs

He goes 2-1 up after a breakaway goal from Corey Perry

0.9 SECONDS LEFT ON THE CLOCK and after 90 seconds of pressure 6 on 4 (I pulled Howard) Rafalski unleashes a bullet through a crowd of players to level.

He is left shell shocked and takes another penalty on the final buzzer

The Ducks survive the 2 mins but just as his man comes out the box Bertuzzi and Zetterberg get a 2 on 0 breakaway to wrap the game up

post-10835-017243200 1286819857_thumb.pn

:omg: