NHL 11

bradigor

From OS (patch details - Unofficial)

11551.jpg

From the podcast.

• Saskatoon Blades and a few other teams are now playable in season mode without the game breaking

From ChewieNHL (EA dev)

• 1500XP bug in BaGM fixed
  • Jr. players becoming FA's too early in BaGM

From Redshirt:

• Fixes for several rare crashes during gameplay.
  • Fix problem that resulted in attributes of players who drop from OTP/EASHL games not being reset to the default attributes for AI players.
  • Prevent push puck while holding the pass button (prevents an exploit).
  • Prevent the face-off deke move from being done on a backhand face-off grip.
  • Eliminated several situations where the puck could be poked out of the goalie's glove as he is getting up or covering the puck against the side of the net.
  • Allow shots that are blocked without using the shot block control to count in shot block stats (but they will not contribute to teamplay scores in Be A Pro' date=' Online Team Play or EASHL modes).
    [*']Fix some situations where a puck off the skate was incorrectly being considered a deliberate kick and resulting in goals being disallowed that should not have been.
  • Fix for cases where the goalie would sweep the puck into his own net when attempting to clear it.
  • Fix problem that prevented the opposing team from being able to pick up slap passes in some situations.
  • Prevent fake shot from being used when doing protect puck.
  • Force self-boardplay pin to have a minimum duration to prevent an exploit.
  • Fix for a case where broken or dropped sticks would disappear from the ice.
  • Fix problem where the first powerplay forward line was being put out following a delayed penalty, regardless of what line the user selected.
  • Prevent stick lifts from working on a player while he is doing the "jump over" deke.
  • Fix problem where injured players could get stuck on the ice.
  • Fix problem allowing hard passes off of a face-off.
  • Fix problem that sometimes caused a defenseman to be positioned on the wrong side for short-handed defensive zone face-offs.
  • Increase the effect of the stick checking attribute on stick lifts.
  • Prevent flip dump from being used directly on a face-off.
  • Prevent situations where a player could go directly from being down on the ice into a slapshot windup.
  • Improve defensive awareness attribute effect on interceptions.
  • Cause players to slow down more while skating using protect puck control.
  • Add additional pass error to the AI players to balance the fact that humans players have imprecise controller input.

There are also several bug fixes made possible by the patch that will be activated through the next tuning update, these include:

• Enabling auto-backskate setting to work in online games.
  • Reducing the ease of losing an edge and falling down while skating without the puck.
  • Fix problem where players will fall easily again immediately after losing an edge a first time.
  • Increase how aggressive AI defenders are on the rush making it less easy to gain the zone by skating wide on them every time.
  • Increase friction when diving and reduce the effectiveness of diving poke checks at knocking the puck away from the puck carrier.
  • Increase the acceleration and top speed of a player using push puck, which had been lowered to prevent the push puck exploit (mentioned above).

That tuning update will also include other gameplay tuning, details to follow. It is possible it will be broken up into two separate updates if the patches for PS3 and 360 do not come out at the same time because the auto-backskate fix has to happen for both at once because they get the same tuning file and without the patch the change will cause problems.

Right lads im in the process of getting this to join in on some online games with you lot, am i doing the right thing in getting this? Is it as good as 10? Need some positive words as i dont see as much hype for this one compared to 10.

It is miles better than 10.

Yes people have found some new glitches, but nothing as bad as in 10. The new physics engine is spot on (if you play offline, I suggest tuner 1.00 or 1.01 over the newer ones)

Until I played NBA 2K11, NHL was the best representation of a sport ever seen in a video game. NBA eclipses it in terms of presentation and integration, but NHL 11 and that are the kings of the castle.

For shits and giggles (and after a frustrating few games) I played a bit of NHL 10 over at my neighbours and it was nigh on unplayable compared to NHL 11.

Yeah, there are a couple of teams going you'll find someone online most evenings. I have taken a 3 day break while I am in a shitty run of form before the patch. But you'll see us on a lot.

That's good stuff see i have just bought Martin's copy of the game and will be up for some games online, although i will be pretty crap at first i would not mind getting on with you over the weekend some evening if you would be up for a bit of mentoring? Been a while since i properly got into a hockey game and even then i did not fully understand all the rules or how to change players etc! :blush:

That's good stuff see i have just bought Martin's copy of the game and will be up for some games online, although i will be pretty crap at first i would not mind getting on with you over the weekend some evening if you would be up for a bit of mentoring? Been a while since i properly got into a hockey game and even then i did not fully understand all the rules or how to change players etc! :blush:

Yeah, no worries. Will go into practice mode on the team. See if Mick or Charlie will help you if they are around too.

I would suggest getting into some Drop In games to get used to playing in a team, it can be quite valuable to do that, despite the lack of team play in those games

Its times like this I wish you could have friendly online Bap games when you are introducing a new guy to the team.

In other news we are now the 11th best team in our region. In the last 3 days the amazing team of Mick, Scott and I have won about 25 games and lost 3.

Also both Mick and I know both have our legend cards.

Online Bap can be quite brutal at first so I'd recommed getting in a few games with randoms as it's a bit more relaxed.The first 10 games will be the worst as the starting stats of your player will be pretty poor compared to everyone else who will have levelled up quite a bit by now.We're looking for another D-man at the moment really if you don't mind giving that a go. :)

Online Bap can be quite brutal at first so I'd recommed getting in a few games with randoms as it's a bit more relaxed.The first 10 games will be the worst as the starting stats of your player will be pretty poor compared to everyone else who will have levelled up quite a bit by now.We're looking for another D-man at the moment really if you don't mind giving that a go. :)

Yeah sure i will be up for that although it will be the weekend before i can spend some time on the Bap part of this.

Just had a copy of this fall into my lap to review. Having not played NHL since Megadrive days, is '11 vaguely accessible for a noob like me?

Yeah, the standard controls can be a bit overwhelming, but you can set it to use NHL94 controls. Which keeps it simple... Pass, Shoot, Move... There is an inbetween control set that introduces the skill stick too.

The thing you will find is that NHL11 is a sim first and foremost and you may get frustrated at not scoring from areas you might to in a football game. Persevere and you'll pick up the little nuances of play as you go along.

Damn it there goes our recent good record. ;)

I was gonna have a day off tonight anyway , I fancy shooting something and now I finally have my legend card I am not too bothered about playing it now.

Cheeky bastard. Although you do make a good point. I haven't been playing enough, so we then struggle for a few games when we move to 4. I shall be playing a lot more.

You try to distance yourself Charles, but you will not be able to resist.

Just had a copy of this fall into my lap to review. Having not played NHL since Megadrive days, is '11 vaguely accessible for a noob like me?

As Brad says it has the NHL 94 control option although I would say it is worth trying to master using the skill stick as it adds so much to the game.The game can seem a bit daunting a first but I played NHL 10 (and now 11) to death dspite having a limited knowledge of the sport at first.It's also incredibly customizable.You could turn off all the rules if you so desire and just go for a more arcadey type of game.

The lure if Mick is just too strong for me.

I spend more time with him these days than I do with Fay.

:eyebrows: