NHL 11

bradigor

I'd agree with all of that Brad although I haven't played as much as I would have liked yet.

You're spot on about Ultimate Team,I'm not sure if I can devote the time to building up the frankly useless team you start with when there's so many other modes which will be more immediately enjoyable.Once EASHL gets up and running I doubt they'll be much time for anything else anyway :D

Will buy it tomorrow. Will mostly have a couple hours messing around with new bits and I'll play a couple 1v1 online. If anyone's about on Saturday early afternoon I'm up for some EASHL. Maybe later in the night as well. Not Sunday - NFL day.

The whole thing rewards those that play hockey. So far I have found that you can use the boards as a real defensive aid. You can spend a lot of time just staying close to a player to make the pass or shot harder.

There is a level of composure, take a shot when you are completely open and a goal is likely, but play that same shot while under pressure and anything can happen.

I had a moment that was like the last seconds of this game earlier:

The scrambles and panic that happen are all kinds of amazing.

It's excellent, just excellent, tried the HUT online on am doing well so far, seems tricky to juggle contracts and training etc, and the packs are pricey but suppose they have to be so people will pay for them with microsoft points.

It just totally suits my style of play, you can't give the puck to 1 player and just carry it all over the ice, it seems to really reward a more team based approach. I'm loving the HUT of course, I'm 4-1 record, have a 5-0 and a 4-1 3-0 disconnect after the 2nd period ish under my belt.

BAP I've only played goalie so far on rookie mode, assuming it would be easier to unlock the rewards, but it's extremely boring, only get 5 or 6 shots a game.

Haven't tried any of the other modes yet, I may be on tomorrow night if anyone is about, can you play as goalie in practice? Would be good to get some online BAP shots from you guys

Really well ta matey :)

Oh and Mick....

"Where's the puck?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

"Jimmy Howard's got it!!!"

:lol:

Every game I have played of this has been brilliant.

:lol:

As you said,he's going to be my nemisis online.In all the games I've played against Detroit so far he's been a shot stopping machine.

Every 1v1 game I've played this afternoon againts Brad and Charlie has been fantastic.It turns out the "Any moment can be a wow moment" claim from the trailers isn't just advertsing bullshit.

We only had one game of EASHL which we won 2-0.You can't take too much from just one match but the game seems to reward proper Hockey far more now.The practice mode seems great as well and I think you can use it to practice Goalie Matt :)

A quick reminder for everyone to get signed up for the yahoo fantasy hockey league, don't miss out on being the rllmuk champion, our league number is 9476 and the password to get in is gosensgo

:D

I'll be starting the draft on Wednesday October 6th, the day before the NHL season starts. Make sure you put your draft rankings in order, it'll do it automatically based on last seasons points so even if you don't you should end up with a decent enough squad. The main work comes through trades and free agents throughout the season based on performance and injuries.

If we can't get 10 players I'll open the league up to my hockey team.

Finally managed to spend an hour with this, so some quick thoughts:

Played Zlin vs Sparta Praha on Pro. Blimey, it is a bit slow, isn't it? Not that I'm complaining too much, but I was expecting much more speed. Maybe as I ramp it up a bit... Passing was a PITA as well, lots of them going well astray. Got beat 6-3, mainly due to trying to get used to stuff, I usually played BAP mode so found players out of position, lines getting tired etc etc.

They are really pushing HUT, but that looks far too fiddly.

I like the new faceoffs and board play stuff. Also stuff like puck bouncing in the air and the defenceman swatting it away brought a "Whoa!" from me.

So this is going to take some work on my part, but there was nothing where I was going "that's wrong, damn you!" This is going to suck up my free time, isn't it?