NHL 11

bradigor

The passing does take some getting used to especially if you're playing with lesser players but once it clicks it's fantastic.The tape to tape passing of the old games is now gone and there's a real sense of achievement when you get a difficult pass through to someone in the slot for an easy goal.

I gave the HUT mode a go but was a bit demoralised after saving up for ages for the jumbo pack only to get no real players of note.The best player I got was an 80 rated grinder with a horrendous moustache <_<

The EASHL is uttelry brilliant though.You can find games almost instantly and the majority of teams are playing proper hockey again :)

Getting the hang of this now. Currently in the Memorial Cup in BAP mode. Loving the sideline view of the action when you aren't on the ice.

Had a heart attack in the previous round, having outshot the opposition something silly, with 2 seconds to go, my goalie (who is dodgier than a late night Fallowfield kebab) managed to deflect one up onto the post/crossbar and it dropped onto the line. Every moment a "Argh! Fuck! NO!" moment.

Playing the final now - scored a SH to put my lot ahead, but they equalised after video review.

God this game is good.

Getting the hang of this now. Currently in the Memorial Cup in BAP mode. Loving the sideline view of the action when you aren't on the ice.

Had a heart attack in the previous round, having outshot the opposition something silly, with 2 seconds to go, my goalie (who is dodgier than a late night Fallowfield kebab) managed to deflect one up onto the post/crossbar and it dropped onto the line. Every moment a "Argh! Fuck! NO!" moment.

Playing the final now - scored a SH to put my lot ahead, but they equalised after video review.

God this game is good.

:lol: So true.

HUT is awesome and so much better than the normal 1vs1 as I feel they are my own special little team.

It does help I have Hemsky and Havlet in my team and Varlamov in goal so my team is pretty damn good.

I don't mind HUT, but I can't see myself being able to dedicate the time to get the most out of it.

Will at the very least whore it for some achievements.

Got very annoyed as I was trying to make the Show in the pre-season. Basically, there were four pre-season games and I needed to earn 125XP in each. I exceeded that in Game 1, sucked mightily in Game 2 (schooled by Hossa and the Blackhawks) and got to the third game needing about 150xp. I decided to simulate Game 3, got an assist and then it says I need 290XP in Game four. Not that I even got close, but was bumped down to the third line. Bah, fume, etc.

Only a minor annoyance, mind you. I really am loving this. There are a number of things wrong with the AI (is there really any point trying to pass to the player in the centre on a 3 on 2?) but it does play a great game which varies every time you step on the ice. My player keeps getting run over though - although on one occasion, I got steam rollered, pick myself up, called for a pass and roofed the puck. Revenge!

And I desperately wanted to be drafted by the Bruins, who were picking 15th in the first round. I went at 14 to the Blues. I think I might have to force a trade!

Hmm, Will see if I can find some info on the new tuner set

Edit:

Sept 22 Tuning Update (planned deployment at 2am PDT, Sept 22)

----------------------------------------------------------------

-Increase maximum speed when hustling (L3).

-Easier to generate/maintain speed doing forward crossover turns.

-Decrease goalie acceleration.

-Increase chance of penalty when a stick lift breaks a stick.

-Decrease chance of stick lift causing a dropped stick.

-Increase to slap shot power

-Increase non-puck carrier acceleration and agility and decrease puck carrier acceleration and agility.

-Weaken shots in certain situations that were leading to goals with too high a frequency when cutting across the middle of the ice.

-Increase chance of losing balance when carrying the puck (Versus, OTP/EASHL and HUT only).

-Increase chance of losing the puck when deking or turning sharply (Versus, OTP/EASHL and HUT only).

-Increase chance of tripping on a poke check (undoing previous change that affected online and HUT modes online).

The changes that affect offline games are contained in tuning version V1.03. You can opt not to use them by switching to V1.02.

The main objectives of the update are to reduce the amount of solo skating and tune scoring balance. The "losing an edge" animation where the player falls down that was rarely seen previously will now happen more often, in particular when a player does a lot of sharp turns with the puck and is getting bumped by opposing players. Almost all stick lifts that break the stick will result in a penalty.

The next tuning update will probably be next week.

:omg:

Cool, I'll be on most of the evening I think, maybe a small break when Lo gets home from work.

How do you guys feel about me maybe bringing in someone that I know from another forum? Not sure how regular he'll be, but he has been playing NHL games for an age, just not EASHL.

Either I'm not happy with the new tuner set, or I'm not happy with the imbalanced games in HUT, haven't figured it out yet.

All of the problems I had with NHL 10 reared their ugly head tonight in 1v1, too much carrying of the puck without being able to get it from them, lots of just caryying it to the front of the net for goals. I'm just sick of playing a game that in that respect is just not realistic. I went from a 10-1 record, winning the last 4 or 5 games by at least 5 goals to losing 3 games on the trot against players like Kovalchuk, Rick Nash, Kris Versteeg, John Tavares etc etc, maybe I'm still getting my skill level balanced but I am about to go to bed royally pissed off for the first time with this game.

Also I think people have started to 'cheat' the HUT system. They load up their first and second line with 90+ rated players, and have the worst possible 3rd and 4th lines possible, and average goalies, therefore lowering their rating overall so they play worse teams.

I hit a run of defeats yesterday, losing to guys carrying it to the net. I found that if I matched their movement I could cut of the route to the net. This current tuner set is only due to be about for a week, so sounds like EA Canada are already aware of what needs to be done.

How are you guys finding the game?

I love it, hit the magic 100 games played yesterday. We have a lot of new players this year so struggle to win, but when we have the regulars on we do fine. Managed to win 6 on the bounce last night which was good. Not keen on falling over on the ice all the time since the new tuner but the goalies are much easier to beat now.

here we are :)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/562A0001/26846/members

How are you guys finding the game?

I love it, hit the magic 100 games played yesterday. We have a lot of new players this year so struggle to win, but when we have the regulars on we do fine. Managed to win 6 on the bounce last night which was good. Not keen on falling over on the ice all the time since the new tuner but the goalies are much easier to beat now.

here we are :)

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/clubs/562A0001/26846/members

I was loving it until last night, maybe just had a bad run. Up until then I do love the game, it's like smoking, you know it's bad for you, you hate yourself sometimes for doing it, but you can't stop :D

For me ea HAD made a game that rewards a team based play though, every time I play a 1v1 with a new tuner set it seems they are ever so slowly reverting back to NHL 10, they had it perfect for me, and they messed with perfection to suit the masses :(

Oh and congrats on the team, we will have to give you a game soon. I am rusty as hell, BAP will take a bit of getting used to for me, Scott seems to have it down as a Dman so I'll just leech tips from him :) , the BAP seems to flow really well although I think my camera angle is slightly wrong.

Just had a game on 1v1 which ended in abuse...

luckiest and ugliest goals i ever seen. what a joke

Let us review...

HIM Goal 1: Taken down the sides, cuts to net, dekes goalie and score...

HIM Goal 2: Pinned against his own backboards, escapes a checking from behind penalty and gets the luckiest of breaks and scores breakaway with 1.2 left in the period

ME Goal 1: Slapshot from Cleary screened by Draper and in bottom corner

ME Goal 2. Get the puck deep and pass around the perimeter, pass the puck into Zetterberg who one time passes it to Bertuzzi and an open goal

Me Goal 3: Bertuzzi smashes his D man at my Blue line and momentum carries him past everyone. Datsyuk passes through the gap and gets Bertuzzi on the breakaway

Me Goal 4: He pulls the goaltender and I manage to put Zetterberg thought to finish with ease.

Sounds like 5 typical hockey goals to me.