NHL 11

bradigor

Agree Matt, the 1st tuner set they released 1.01 was perfect. The speed, balance and everything was just right. This one is only temporary though, so hoping v1.04 will be closer to v1.01

I'm hoping so but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't, lets face it, a lot of people rely on being able to give 1 guy the puck and have him waltz in front of goal seemingly having a forcefield around him or the uncanny ability to just avoid checks and turn on a penny. EA will see them as having paid their money and so they can have their say, I suppose from a diplomatic view, there's no reason why that shouldn't be the case. I just wish they'd take a more hockey purist stance.

Edit :- Just had a look over at the EA forums, according to them (this is regarding the 1.03 latest tuner update)

"The main objectives of the update are to reduce the amount of solo skating and tune scoring balance."

Can't say I agree :(

I'm hoping so but I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't, lets face it, a lot of people rely on being able to give 1 guy the puck and have him waltz in front of goal seemingly having a forcefield around him or the uncanny ability to just avoid checks and turn on a penny. EA will see them as having paid their money and so they can have their say, I suppose from a diplomatic view, there's no reason why that shouldn't be the case. I just wish they'd take a more hockey purist stance.

That sounds like how I play the game to be honest. :D

I haven't played a great deal of 1v1 online yet to really comment but the first tuner set seemed fine to me.The tuner sets themselves are a fantastic idea,the trouble is it can lead to updates just for the sake of it.The temptation must be there to constantly tweak things but sometimes when you fix one thing you break another.

Regarding the people that constantly try and skate through your team I tend to stand off now until I think I can nab the puck with poke check or usually a stick lift.Going in for the check leaves you horribly exposed if you miss.

I remember joking when the game first came out that EA would find a way to make the game worse through tuner updates.Don't prove me right guys :(

Today was the first session I have got proper pissed off with the game.

What is up with the 1.03 tuner? They seem to have put a forcefield around puck carriers if they carry it solo and deke like hell. Sooner 1.04 arrives the better. 1.01 was perfection I would love to know who was moaning about that to get it changed :(

Matt, Brad, let's play 1v1 sometime. We're all pretty similar I think - none of us cheese, instead passing it around, dumping, etc. I've got a pretty good record but I'm usually dominated in TOA, despite my shots being equal or higher usually. And goals, of course. :eyebrows:

Honestly I find the deking and puck-protected skating around in the offensive zone kind of pointless. The majority of my goals come on a break (not necessarily outmanning them but I don't waste any time in the zone). If I set up it's by passing to create space, getting it behind the net, setting up screens, etc.

I do get frustrated with some of the goals that get scored against me, but whatever.

What teams are people using online in this one?I played mainly as the Sharks last yeat before moving onto the Rangers when I got bored.This time out I've been trying a different team every game for a change.Calgary seem alot stronger and I've noticed alot of people playing as Vancouver.I'd like to settle on a favourite for the League which we'll hopefully have.

I'm not so keen on the Sharks this year.Nabokov has gone as well as my unsung hero Malhotra.The Rangers seem pretty weak this year apart from Gaborik so I guess I'll keep trying out some teams until one stands out.

Up for a league. I'll join you guys in BAP soon but enjoying HUT right now. Never been as big a fan of OTP as 1v1, and it's no different in 11.

I've used L.A. the most so far, although I've only played a few non-HUT 1v1 games. Offense is a bit meh but I like the depth on defense. Can roll out 3 lines and not have someone embarrass himself trying to mirror a guy driving down the lane.

BTW, if you guys or anyone else does play HUT, I've got some pretty good players I'd be willing to trade a bit cheaper to you. I'm approaching salary cap hell and might have to purge my team. LW and C are my deepest positions I'm going to take a hit at.

95 Datsyuk could be available for the right price...a big price. :D

Put this on the tuner thread over at OS:

Honestly' date=' in terms of sloppiness, I think 1.00 and 1.01 are the best for offline play. With 1.03 it is too easy to just skate into the zone and shoot for whatever reason. The changes made it sound like it would be harder to get shots but for some reason it is too easy. Maybe it's the way I play.

With 1.01 it is harder to get a clean shot, and when the user or AI is in the slot with the puck, it is not guaranteed that they will get a shot on goal. The checking seems better too.

If 1.04 is like 1.01, but with lower shot accuracy and lower goalie acceleration, that would be awesome![/quote']

That is exactly what I want. Hockey is not a clean sport where you can just glide around the ice, it is a sport where you get hit and play is constantly broken up. Early versions of the tuner set were excellent representations of that, it required a good tactical knowledge and lots and lots of team play. My teammates would have to be aware of where other players were, penalty kills saw you have to defend properly, PP's allowed you to put pressure on.

We played one game tonight and had 28 shots to 14 and lost 6-1. Now we are a decent team that plays good hockey, it seems that the AI (we are only a casual team so often have 3-5 players and only on occasions do we have a full 6) has been lowered too, as previously they were excellent at covering the opposition, often skating back with them and slowing down opposition attacks. Passes across the crease were cut out a lot more and positional play mean something. Now it seems like the AI just allow the opposition to out-run them and passes across the crease feel like NHL 10 all over again.

Now don't get me wrong, the overall passing play can still be broken up and passes aren't going tape to tape as often as they were in NHL 10, but in both 1v1 and EASHL I am seeing more and more teams and players able to skate with a single player and get a shot off.

I don't want to complain, as I love the sport and I love NHL 11 (I even gave it a 10/10 in my review) and I loved how it played, but this later tuner set has really frustrated me.

I really hope that 1.04 is somewhere between 1.01 and 1.02

At the minute I'm not sure I'd have anyone worth trading in HUT, I was really disappointed with my packs until the last jumbo pack I got unveild Steve Stamkos, Claude Giroux, and another NHLer for Boston who's name escapes me. Oh and Devan Dubnyk a great prospect goalie.

I have a young 70 rated goalie I could trade, some minor training cards (mostly +3 def I think), and lots of 70ish rated LD.

Just had a little trade with Brad to try the system out. While you can't directly trade with each other there is a way around it. If you select a card and put it on the auction for a really high price that no-one will pay, any other player can find the card and put in a trade offer rather than buy it outright with EA pucks.

I'd suggest that we can arrange trades on here if anyone wants to. Possibly start a new thread? Maybe also publish a watch list so we know who is looking for what type of cards. Brad mentioned that it would be great if you could see what cards your friends have in their collection, right now we might all be sat on cards that we don't need that would be really useful for others.

I guess I'll start the ball rolling, I'd be interested in getting any of the following :-

Ottawa Senators players, logos, jerseys

Ottawa 67's logos, jerseys

RD rated 80+ or potential around 85

RW and LW rated 80+

I have the following available to trade :-

C Angelo Esposito (74 potential 79 I think)

Several 70~ rated LD

I'd be willing to trade either Zach Hamill (C, rated 85, 98 speed) or Claude Giroux (C, rated 82, potential high 80's, not trained at all yet). Both of them have lots of games left. Would trade for a similar LW or RW if anyone has them.

Medium International Arena

Several +3 def cards

Well this game is truly broken now. :angry:

Mick and I had a couple of 1vs1 games last night and first he managed to go round my entire team with fucking 37 year old Todd Marchant but then to top it off I then did the same thing with fucking Chara

Its far too fast now, the checking doesnt seem to be as good now and the games are just turning into cheese fests again.

Damn you EA you big bunch of cunts.

I'll start some lists off when I get some more time. Good idea Matt.

Decided to have another 1v1 game today as I was beginning to doubt myself and I was able to dominate a game 38-14 (shots) but was 1-0 with 32 seconds left, but managed to win 2-1 in OT. I still love the game, but I am spending most of my time now worry about how to deal with people who spam taking a single player and going on a deke frenzy.

Well this game is truly broken now. :angry:

Mick and I had a couple of 1vs1 games last night and first he managed to go round my entire team with fucking 37 year old Todd Marchant but then to top it off I then did the same thing with fucking Chara

Its far too fast now, the checking doesnt seem to be as good now and the games are just turning into cheese fests again.

Damn you EA you big bunch of cunts.

You can't choose your tuner for unranked 1v1 games can you? That is a shame, especially for a private league. I am still hopeful of 1,04 sorting this mess, but reading about, loads seem to think that the single skater cheesing has finally gone. I don't see how they can say that.

A week ago the tuners were PERFECT by having shit loads of imperfections. How can they get it so so so just a week later.