Lost - Potential download issue discussion only - Temporary

Goose

To save people risking any finale spoilers by going into the main thread I've started this thread for discussion regarding any issues that any downloadable versions of the finale may have.

Please don't discuss the show in thread or post any spoilers of any sort. This is a temporary thread that is for the discussions or notification of any problems that should arise with any specific downloadable version of the show.

Many thanks

The first issue I can think of is "how long does it take for an episode to get to USENET"?? :)

My other half is nagging me like mad here - she reckons it's on at 7pmEST which is Midnight UK Time so she reckons anytime after 1am I should be able to procure the show - but I'm assuming it's not QUITE that simple??

Never really looked into this before - mostly I'm happy for Mon Night TV to be available for Tuesday Night UK so...

Is this GMT time? If it is, it's just ended now and should be available on Usenet servers in the next hour.

Looks to me like it's (UK Time) Midnight-2am for the recap and 2am-4:30am for the final show.

Sky has it at 5am, 30 mins after the US show ends (who the hell puts a show on at 5am on a Monday!!!!) so it's probably easier to catch the UK version.

I can't imagine you can strip the ads, encode, upload, propagate and download a 2.5hour TV Show in 30 mins!!

My RSS feed picked up an episode 697mb, if that helps. It hasn't finished downloading so no idea how long it actually is.

50 minutes. EZTV released 'CD1' and 'CD2', ie parts 1 and 2 separately. They're both labelled S06E17 so my feed only picked up one of them. I'm having to get the other part off TPB now.

I'm downloading the CD1 and CD2 versions at the moment, Azureus is telling me it's going to take 9 hours though.

Has the recap been uploaded? Can't seem to see anything in my usual places that seems to be it, there are two torrents out there called "forum" and "pre finale" which I assume are something, but they're only about 50mb each so unlikely to be 2 hours of TV?

Has the person that mentioned Megaupload got a link please?

Damn good call on making this thread by the way, I've been pretty gung-ho about reading spoilers throughout the life of the show, but never really had anything really ruined for me. But the potential today for some sort of "Snape killed Voldemort" twattery is massive. I trust rllmuk, but torrent site comment boards in particular I feel, need to be avoided at all costs.

If anyone has a .nzb for both files in xvid format I'd appreciate it muchly - can only see what I'm assuming is CD1 (labelled as ep17 and only 400mb) or both in X264 at 3gig - currently dloading the x264 but not sure how the laptop will cope with it >_<

Checked merlin's and nzbsrus but both only have those two files.