Sonic Colours (Wii, DS)

Liquid Myth

Just make Sonic Adventure 3 using exactly the same engine as Sonic Adventure 2 but with better graphics and new levels! That would do nicely for me. LOVED both of the Sonic Adventure games and the 3D ones have gone downhill ever since...

I played this the other day in pre-E3 session. It's basically the concept of the ace running levels from the Wii version of Sonic Unleashed, now fit into a game WITHOUT some gimmick like swords of a wherehog.

I got to play 2 levels, and they felt pretty good. The 2D seconds are properly fast-paced and fairly challenging, although it's mostly about getting high scores. Did not really like one Super Mario World-style bit where huge bullets where fired at you in a 3D section (simply doesn't work that way, but the rest was brilliant.

Oh yes, and banging hardcore music whenever you pick up the drill power-up :wub:

Looks significantly more polished than the usual Sonic fare, but after all the fucking ace announcements from Nintendo's conference that are absolute must buys, I can't afford to make another Sonic gamble. At it's best this'll just be a lot of day levels from Unleashed, which were fun but I could pass on.

Looks significantly more polished than the usual Sonic fare, but after all the fucking ace announcements from Nintendo's conference that are absolute must buys, I can't afford to make another Sonic gamble. At it's best this'll just be a lot of day levels from Unleashed, which were fun but I could pass on.

Buying a Sonic game is only a gamble in the same sense that flushing your money down the toilet is.

• 4 weeks later...

The only way that could possibly ever be good news is if they announced that they sacked everyone at Sonic Team who had no participation in the 2D era of games, then hired all the other people again who left since then. Which obviously would never happen.

The video looks pretty amazing for a Wii game, lots of nice slick effects, large open environments and a great sense of speed. I know it's hard to get excited about a new Sonic game without seeing that old sonic-cycle.jpg, but what the hell, I'll be watching it closely at the very least.

"Franchise changing" news this Thursday

Hold onto your...

...um, hats

This will be a very decent Sonic game. Trust me on that.

:unsure:

Will explain later.

McSpeed clearly knows what it is. Perhaps Naka's involved again somehow and he was just trying to throw people off, though that seems doubtful. Or perhaps someone else is involved, someone who might be able to make Sonic good again...hmmm...

McSpeed clearly knows what it is. Perhaps Naka's involved again somehow and he was just trying to throw people off, though that seems doubtful. Or perhaps someone else is involved, someone who might be able to make Sonic good again...hmmm...

I've played it, yes, and can only say it's very similar to the Hedgehog-levels in Sonic Unleashed on the Wii.

If you know you're stuff with Sonic games, you'll that's a good thing ;)

I've played it, yes, and can only say it's very similar to the Hedgehog-levels in Sonic Unleashed on the Wii.

If you know you're stuff with Sonic games, you'll that's a good thing ;)

Such a shame they spoilt that game with the whole Warehog and daft hub structure. The actual 2D Sonic bits were great, and if they've built on that and dropped the aforementioned rubbish, then this really could be worth getting.

If the majority of the game is simply more day stages from Unleashed with the powers gimmick (Which actually looks kinda fun, imo), then I'll probably wind up getting this some time. I loved the day portions of Unleashed, and an entire game full of 'em would be bliss as far as Sonic gaming goes. Also, the preorder bonus looking fucking stupid as fuck.

In the best way possible, that is. If the game winds up looking good enough to buy at some point I can see myself preordering it just so I can parade around in that stupid hat and look like a cunt.

• 4 weeks later...