Microsoft E3 Conference 2010

Deeptone

Are people being serious?

This is some seriously impressive tech in the service of something that will appeal to the mass market.

I mean, christ, random people at work were babbling about WiiFit when it came out.

Very impressive. But I don't think this is what we all came to see. Again, I blame Nintendo, but unless they end with some awesome triple-A titles then everyone here will feel abused.

Are people being serious?

This is some seriously impressive tech in the service of something that will appeal to the mass market.

I mean, christ, random people at work were babbling about WiiFit when it came out.

I do agree with you. Lag aside, the tech is extremely impressive and this is just the conference MS needed to go into the new market they're after. That said, it's a far cry from ye old days of nothing but core titles being showcased. Times change I suppose... us core gamers are a dying breed, but we're not going down quietly :eyebrows:

If theres that level of lag at release for all games then the whole system is fucked. Otherwise though I think theres potential. When Eyetoy first came out my family got a LOT of mileage of out it even considering its limitations. A good evolution of that is interesting to me

It's not that it's so casual - hey, like what you like - but that's it's all so shamelessly ripped off. It's just fucking insultingly second-hand tat being sold as something revolutionary. At least Nintendo had the balls to go for something that was, funnily enough, mocked openly by certain other companies.

Unfortunately, look where that led the wii. Down a blind alley in the end, it has to be said. Sure, MS are after that market and that cash, but look at where their energies are going in this E3. Saying "oh, but the causals will think it's super, so good for them!" isn't a refrain I've heard much in Wii threads over the past two years. More like "why don't you put the effort into developing new games for us, you cunts?"

Face it, unless this sinks, you do, Shepard fans.

Since when did you care about mass market? Nintendo have been doing it years.

Well, like I said, I blame Nintendo.

And I've always admired Nintendo's ability to be as successful as they - i've just been majorly pissed that has meant leaving me behind as a gamer.

I know that's not going to happen with Kinect, because the 360 is a hardcore gamer platform and Kinect is an add on.