Mario Kart 3DS

matt!

I reckon 2/3rds of the list have added me back which isnt too bad.. the system is bonkers though each must explicitly enter the friends code to add each other. Nintendo really dont "get" online do they!

The community thing isnt as good as just having a massive friends list... Communities you have to join and wait for a full group etc or run with a smaller list and once racing started thats it noone can join. I was on last night, joined an rllmuk friend to find that 3 other rllmuk friends were on same room and as randoms left more rllmukers joined.

The lack of friends leaderboards and laptimes and ghosts is quite honestly rubbish.

But its Mario Kart so I forgive it... sometimes a game is worth £150!!!

The Join Game feature has never worked for me; tried it with Lyrical Donut and dng with no success. And it takes aaaaaaaaaaaages to figure out you're not going to connect; all you can do is hit the home button or power the 3DS off.

Also, oddly, even though I was playing Mario Kart, when I chose to join a friend's game it closed the software, only to restart and try to join.

And fail.

Odd I have

played with randoms a few times

"joined" friends list people a couple of times

joined communities half a dozen times to be greeted with empty room

Only had one comms error that froze game and forced me to switch off and that was when trying to join a randoms room.

It's probably my connection then; I frequently have issues connection to folk on SSFIV on the xbox now with Virgin where I never had problems before using Sky.

Joffo, apparently VM throttle traffic during busy periods and some people have been having issues with online gaming since 2009 when they started doing it :( I don't know of a fix other than swapping provider though someone on here might have better/more information.

It's worth it. Take the pain now of adding everyone on the list, then just keep it updated occasionally. It looks like the online features of the 3ds are really being exploited now so a big friends list is essiential.

Yup, done it. What a great interface.... although I guess it's not really designed to input 50 names. Did you add my code immediately because you came up as a friend straight away. I have 28/86 as friends, hopefully that'll go up during the week.

Just had my first rllmuk online experience. A tense 1 on 1 against griffin where I managed to grab victory during the last race on the last corner with a nice green shell :D I definitely need to brush up on my old-school Rainbow Road though Griffin absolutely annihilated me on it.

Sorry I could only stay for the 4 races.

I always seem to lag miles behind everyone else always coming in a miserable last and only seem to get poxy items like a solitary mushroom... and then it actually happened, last night I managed to get into first for once and within the space of 10 seconds some fucker got a Blue Shell and fired it at me.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you wanted. If you had let me win, that would have been the end of it. I would not have looked for you, I would not pursue you. I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

I always seem to lag miles behind everyone else always coming in a miserable last and only seem to get poxy items like a solitary mushroom... and then it actually happened, last night I managed to get into first for once and within the space of 10 seconds some fucker got a Blue Shell and fired it at me.

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you wanted. If you had let me win, that would have been the end of it. I would not have looked for you, I would not pursue you. I will look for you, I will find you and I will kill you.

The power of Mario Kart, is a curious thing.

Makes-a one man weep,

Makes another man sing.

Do the coins you earn online count towards the unlock kart stuff?

Yes, though I had to go out of multiplayer and back in again for it to tell me I had reached the next amount of coins required. You can track how many coin you have by going to the MK Channel and clicking on your Mii icon.

Angel, you have one scary Mii!!

:sherlock: ty

Yes, though I had to go out of multiplayer and back in again for it to tell me I had reached the next amount of coins required. You can track how many coin you have by going to the MK Channel and clicking on your Mii icon.

Thanks man, so ten per race max and they're kept? Excellent, really glad I got this.