Mario Kart 3DS

matt!

That said, it is not as satisfying to sling yourself around a hairpin at the tightest possible point in Mario Kart 7 as it is in Super Circuit.

Actually, the last hairpin on Mario Circuit 2 is contender. You absolutely have to commit to lining up for your kart for the tightest line / red boost hop over the dirt to set you up for the ramp.

I am oh so concious of hitting those yellow blocks, and I do. On lap 3.

The train, a really good idea in Kalmari Desert, seems to be a lot shorter in Mario Kart 7 which takes away some of the fun in my view as you're not as royally screwed if it passes just as you get there.

Yeah, they should have utilised the Wario Stadium lightning trick on other tracks since it was a really fun way to piss your friends off and when you can see when people have the lightning (as you can in both the 64 and the in 7) it becomes a game of chicken in that you try to get the other player to trigger it giving you enough time to stop before you fall off the jump, reverse back and then do the jump again.

we did exactly the same thing :). I can only assume nicey nicey Nintendo doesn't like the idea of people screwing each others races up so much. Hitting and avoiding getting 'half lapped' is still the most fun and tense experience I've had on Mario Kart. I've scratched my head every time that it hasn't been included when there's some utter crap in there.

Has anyone noticed the glitchy shortcut on Wuhu Mountain Loop yet, where you fall into the water by the cave tunnel entrance near the start and get placed back on the track on the run-up to the castle? It's hateful to play when it comes up with randoms - I've only just twigged why I go from first to fifth when no-one's overtaken me...

To anyone claiming this is the best Mario Kart ever: you are right. It's like Mario Kart Wii but with most of the irritations straightened out. Really shows off the 3DS hardware capabilities too.

I'd it allowed sharing friends time trial ghosts it would be a straight 10. As it stands it's a worthy nine and easily one of the best games this year.