Kinect and Playstation Move

Salsa Party Animal

This is exactly my reasoning. I think Wii controls are superior for pretty much every genre I've played, so naturally I want similar controls on every game I play.

I didn't want Sony to some up with something radically different to Nintendo just to set itself apart. Microsoft have done that and look how limited that has turned out, more their answer to the Balance Board than a proper motion control solution.

Rather than full waggle, Sly Cooper just has a bunch on mini games that are Move supported doesn't it?

Nah you can play the mini games with a standard controller as well, and you are meant to be able to play the entire game using Move if you want.

The full list of stuff that is confirmed to support Move so far is

First Party PlayStation Move Titles:

Beat Sketcher (Fall 2010)

SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs (Fall 2010)

EyePet (Sept. 2010)

Kung Fu Rider (Sept. 2010)

Sports Champions (Sept. 2010)

Start The Party! (Sept. 2010)

echochrome ii (Sept. 2010)

Tumble (Sept. 2010)

Hustle Kings (Oct. 2010)

The Fight: Lights Out (Oct. 2010)

The Shoot (Oct. 2010)

TV Superstars (Oct. 2010)

High Velocity Bowling (Oct. 2010)

PAIN (Oct. 2010)

Heavy Rain (Oct. 2010)

SingStar Dance (Nov. 2010)

Little Big Planet 2 (Nov. 2010)

Sly Collection (Nov. 2010)

Heroes On The Move (Working Title) (2011)

Killzone 3 (2011)

Sorcery (2011)

Publishing Partners PlayStation Move Titles:

John Daly’s ProStroke Golf (OG International) (Fall 2010)

Racquet Sports (Ubisoft) (Fall 2010)

The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn’s Quest (WB Games Inc.) (Sept. 2010)

Brunswick Pro Bowling (Crave) (Sept. 2010)

Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition (Capcom) (Sept. 2010)

RUSE (Ubisoft) (Sept. 2010)

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2010 (Electronic Arts) (Sept. 2010)

Time Crisis: Razing Storm (Bandai Namco) (Sept. 2010)

Toy Story 3 (Disney) (Sept. 2010)

Kung Fu Live (Virtual Air Guitar Company) (Oct. 2010)

NBA 2K11 (2K Sports) (Oct. 2010)

Deadliest Catch: Sea of Chaos (Crave) (Nov. 2010)

Disney Tron Evolution the Video Game (Disney) (Nov. 2010)

I'm not sure how a generic controller like Move can apply to a specific audience.

I think the problem Sony have is in demonstrating how much better play with Move is, yet making sure that they don't alienate their existing audience at the same. Killzone 3 will have to play well with both.

Game have cut the price of the move controller to 34.99 and the sub controller to 24.99 apparently.

Might get this eventually but only if they do another deal purely for the prospect of that time crisis game and neat gun adapter for it if plan on bundling them together for a reasonable price!

Kinetic did seem to have one pretty good application - as shown in Your Shape - which seemed to have the body tracking working pretty accurately and could be a useful tool for self-teaching stuff like Yoga, fitness exercises, dancing and possibly even martial arts etc.. where it can grade your body positioning..

Nothing beats going to dedicated classes for such things. Not only do you get a real, in the flesh instructor there to correct you, but the others learning with you give off a group mentality i.e. more of an incentive to stick with it/improve. That's why the Move is more promising, you can't fire arrows in real life legally without being on a range, and it'll be more fun at home where the public can't see how sick you are as you decapitate baby kittens or whatever.

Doing dancing/marital arts 'classes' in front of a virtual instructor is pretty shit by comparison.

Nothing beats going to dedicated classes for such things. Not only do you get a real, in the flesh instructor there to correct you, but the others learning with you give off a group mentality i.e. more of an incentive to stick with it/improve. That's why the Move is more promising, you can't fire arrows in real life legally without being on a range, and it'll be more fun at home where the public can't see how sick you are as you decapitate baby kittens or whatever.

Doing dancing/marital arts 'classes' in front of a virtual instructor is pretty shit by comparison.

Surely this can be aimed at any game that tries to imitate a real life activity whether you use Move or Kinect. Not sure how you can say a game based on one 'real life' activity is better than another its down to individual taste no? Virtual archery is probably no better than its real life counter part but its more practical to do it from the comfort of you own home same as a martial arts 'sim'. Not saying I would want a 'Become a black belt in an hour!!1111' type software but a very gamey type one. Just like someone who wanted to seriously lose weight would not use Wii fit beyond a bit of fun but get their arse to a gym or eat sensibly.

• 1 month later...

From everything I've seen about the Move and Kinect, it's quite remarkable how much of a contrat there is in what's been shown. Whilst MS have been putting up all sorts of smoke and mirrors regarding what can and can't be done, Sony have been showing off some bare-boned tech demo videos, and actually describing (and showing) some of the problems without any sort of backing off from them; they put up a "hands-on" of Resi5:Gold and even used the 'waggle' phrasing that cursed so many Wii games, despite the negative connotations. Essentially, they seem to be a lot less afraid of any problems the device has, primarily because it's a much more solid piece of technology.

They've been working on this ever since the original EyeToy. They might have been forced to play this card, but it's coming from good hand.

Microsoft is going for a short-cut, with the potential to wow people.

SIXAXIS was a real kneejerk in that respect.

I'll probably buy a Kinect, but not until after Christmas. I'm still struggling financially.

Dance Central and Dance Masters look like they'll be quite fantastic.

I'll probably also have to get a PS Move at some point for Time Crisis: Razing Storm - that looks pretty decent.

Singstar Move may work, it may not. I think for dancing games, a device that can track your whole body makes more sense.