IGNORED

Ninokuni - PS3 & DS

The Sarge

8 hours ago, Takizawa said:

Weird, I don't remember having to grind at all. I spent some time trying to capture familiars I wanted but otherwise just explored the areas and moved on.

Same here, I found the first 10 to 15 hours tough especially the first boss fight but once you unlocked all-attack or all-defend it made the game fairly easy. I did spend quite a bit of time wondering the world to find specific familiars I wanted so that could be classed as grinding but I just wanted to you know catch em' all.

Loved the game just disappointed that it was not fully voiced, looking forward to the sequel.

• 8 months later...

Bit of zombie-fying this thread.

I picked this game up pre-owned from Game about 2 weeks before Christmas just because it had a nice box.

Loved it for the first 5-10 hours. Started to get really annoyed with it after that because (I think) I'd ignored too many of the bounty hunts so I'd missed out on some stamp card buffs and also the xp that went with getting them.

Instead I had to do about 3-4 hours of pure grinding to catch up to a level where I could progress the story. The pig tank was a particular fuck-you moment (repeated many times)

And now I love it though I suspect, 50 hours in, I'm about to find another deeply unpleasant difficulty spike.

It's quite irritating how some elements (poison in particular) are a pain in the backside to deal with but I've got to the stage where I can generally let everyone else just die and run away while casting light behind me.

Oh and crafting anything that can restore MPs is tedious in the extreme. As is the end-battle sequence.

I like how you can discover things in the wizard's compendium that the game hasn't spoon fed you, especially around alchemy.

Choddo, I found it tough at first, but then never hit a bit where I had to grind, but was doing all the bounties. If you are doing OK now, you should be fine. And yes, MP restoratives were a pain in the backside. Loved that game though. Even the final boss I did first or second time, but was by the skin of my teeth. 

Yep, it's a special one that turns up and if you can get it down fast enough gives loads of XP. Not a bug, meant to help people level a bit faster if they want to! Think they are in a few areas, can be handy. There are some slightly different versions as well. 

Also found a few tokotocold towards the end. 23000 for one of them (the only one I caught) - got my destructodino from level 1 to 12 in one battle. And those sods take their time levelling.

Hopefully this is so old there are no risks of spoilers but I'll try hiding them anyway

Wtf is going on with the quidditch broomstick at the end? There were lots of hints of those through the game, including that early spell they give you that I could never use, but I never saw any hint of how to create one and yet Boyo sails down in one at the end. Bizarre. Did I miss something big?

6 hours ago, choddo said:

Also found a few tokotocold towards the end. 23000 for one of them (the only one I caught) - got my destructodino from level 1 to 12 in one battle. And those sods take their time levelling.

Hopefully this is so old there are no risks of spoilers but I'll try hiding them anyway

Reveal hidden contents

Wtf is going on with the quidditch broomstick at the end? There were lots of hints of those through the game, including that early spell they give you that I could never use, but I never saw any hint of how to create one and yet Boyo sails down in one at the end. Bizarre. Did I miss something big?

Thanks for hiding, I've literally just started the game myself xD I'm just about to go into the sewers towards the start of the game :D

My only gripe at the moment is I've not really had chance to just sit down and put a bunch of hours in. It's always an hour here or there which is annoying with a JRPG as you can't get so immersed in the story.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm trying not to buy any games at the moment until Mass Effect 3 so thought I would go back to this. I had previously gotten to Golden Grove and was dying repeatedly, about 4h30 in. Loving the world and Mr Drippy but finding the gameplay impossible (last save was from 15th Jan 2015, amazingly).

Determined to figure this game out I've been reading online and found that the two things I had massively missed about this game were that you're supposed to cancel out of things and block if you see an attack coming and that you should basically just keep hitting attack as soon as you can. With those things down and copious use of the healing spell I've managed to totally blitz the whole area and kill the boss on my first go. This is in stark contrast to dying a million times while fighting the boss in Ding Dong Well.

And the Gladiataur looks incredible!

fIrlEIj.jpg

Hopefully I won't hit any walls but I'm mostly here for the story and world so if I find it too difficult I'm just going to stick it on easy.

I really hope the sequel has a character as good as Mr Drippy in it, too.

edit: Managed to beat the first Nightmare as well. Was a bit of a close one but those gold glims which let you do power attacks helped me out!