IGNORED

Post Season 21 - Pre Season 22

Steely

With an 8 week gap approaching we may as well fill the void with some sort of 1v1 competition...

Personally I would like something a bit different. With transfers being able to be done in unranked matches, there are plenty of possibilities:

-Make your own team entirely, on a budget.

-Make your own team, each person will be limited by a different stipulation, some bordering on ridiculous...like someone create a team based on... players aged 19 and under, players 6 ft 4 and over, the championships finest... etc etc the list can go on and on and on.

-Start with a team and have a transfer window between the competing managers.

I would be willing to police it and try and get it finished as competitions of this nature ran outside the official league tend to patter out a bit.

Another thing that might be worth adding to this competition is banning the use of custom formations, just so we don't have to endure them in what would hopefully be a fun competition! Only allowing people to use either the default formation of the team they have selected or one of FIFAs original batch of bog standard formations.

Feel free to shoot down any ideas or throw in your own!

I'd scrap the use of a team's default formation as it would give people at certain teams a big advantage.

Custom tactics is tougher because essentially you're using one whether it's one you've chosen or the team's default. I guess you couldn't ban them. You could demand each person uses the exact same settings, I guess.

Like all your other ideas!

You would have to take it into consideration when making your team choice that you only have there formation and default fifa ones to choose from but I see where you are coming from.

Yeah, custom tactics are impossible to police so would just have to let people do what they like with those.

I only throw the idea out as I recall it coming up in the prem thread, but I think it was Jamin who said it makes playing that killer ball behind the defense a whole lot easier if people are limited to default.

I still think that anything involving changing squads is too clunky/complex for the average joe and thus any competition based on that would be quite exclusive.

I mean, Ultimate Team is too complicated for some and that's an actual proper custom squad building thing.

I like the concept, the custom ruleset and all that, but it would be hard to pull off without excluding the vast number of league managers.

I'd personally be more interested in a 2v2 competition or the like.

I still think that anything involving changing squads is too clunky/complex for the average joe and thus any competition based on that would be quite exclusive.

I mean, Ultimate Team is too complicated for some and that's an actual proper custom squad building thing.

I'd personally be more interested in a 2v2 competition or the like.

A 2v2 competition sounds like fun.

A 2v2 sounds good.

I'd also like us to have a knock out tournament with a reversal of teams.

So, for e.g. the guys in the Conference have 4.5* teams, League Two 3.5* teams, League One 2.5*, Champ guys 1.5* and Prem 1*. Then either let everyone choose a team, or have it so a selected bunch of teams under each star bracket are selected at random. Be a nice final hurrah to FIFA 10 me thinks. :coffee:

A 2v2 sounds good.

I'd also like us to have a knock out tournament with a reversal of teams.

So, for e.g. the guys in the Conference have 4.5* teams, League Two 3.5* teams, League One 2.5*, Champ guys 1.5* and Prem 1*. Then either let everyone choose a team, or have it so a selected bunch of teams under each star bracket are selected at random. Be a nice final hurrah to FIFA 10 me thinks. :coffee:

What about the league cross overs!?

I say we go with Saints previous method of team picking which there was a lot of discussion over... if someone else cares to link it.

Do a random draw for the 2v2. I'll text Nat...

S'alright Pomps - I'll text her :coffee:

It's better to let people choose who they pair up with to make arranging games easier. You can always nerf a really good pair by giving them a really shit team

I've been nailing 2v2 at work like, far more enjoyable way to play FIFA 10 IMO. It's a help and a hinderance which adds more communication/movement to and from players.

Great idea Steel, like our days of putting forwards in defence, Boro Legends or one player from each world cup nation each etc. You must have been reading my Championship reports moans with the non-formation change thing. Seville - 4-1-2-1-2 - Done.

Yeah 2v2 can be a shitter to organise. Could always make it 3v3 and then if 1 player is missing the show can still go on and teams play with 2 sometimes... If you have all 3 players there then one takes an individual player if they like, rather than 3 ANYs.

Means people would miss games like but would it make it easier to arrange games?

Yeah 2v2 can be a shitter to organise. Could always make it 3v3 and then if 1 player is missing the show can still go on and teams play with 2 sometimes... If you have all 3 players there then one takes an individual player if they like, rather than 3 ANYs.

Means people would miss games like but would it make it easier to arrange games?

Haha, you've not thought this through! Actually, I guess it would a little. What I would see happening is most games being 2v2, but with different people playing and no real continuity.

I really like the Fantasy league idea.

Mike mentions that it would alienate people, but I don't think it would be an issue if you put up a simple guide for building a custom team and whatever else needs doing.