IGNORED

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

TheShend

I've not used it for streaming yet but for recording the setup was literally a case of downloading the software then plugging the HDMI which once went from my 360 to the HDMI in port on the device, then used its supplied HDMI cable to connect from the device's HDMI out to the TV. It needs to be constantly attached to the PC for power and for saving the video. The USB cable for that is also supplied.

Once it was connected I just opened the software and hit the record button on screen; it saved the video as 720p 60fps by default and had options for sharing to Youtube/Facebook etc too. There's basic editing tools for chopping off unwanted parts of the video.

I was going to get one earlier but was worried my laptop might not be up to it. It's been fine though. I've been out all day so I'll mess around with it more later. It's all been so simple so far that I think I'd definitely recommend it.

Quality man thank you. I'm torn between that and one of the Avermedia models, I believe it can record in 1080p and stores the previous 30 minutes of footage? I'd be interested in knowing the streaming capabilities too and any compatible 3rd party software.

Quality man thank you. I'm torn between that and one of the Avermedia models, I believe it can record in 1080p and stores the previous 30 minutes of footage? I'd be interested in knowing the streaming capabilities too and any compatible 3rd party software.

I've tested streaming on the elgato HD60 now; it didn't work well for me because my upload speed is a measly 0.78Mbps. I'm otherwise very happy with its performance, though. It can record in 1080p at 60fps. I've only recorded games in native 720p so far.

• 1 month later...

I was planning to go to that, entered the team tournament with Singho too! Real life got in the way though as it so often does and I couldn't make it.

Did you end up going Shendy?

Yep. 2 days of 3S on cab and loved it. Met a ton of European players as well.

Singho turned up and competed in the singles but had to leave before the 2on2. I was supposed to be your replacement for that but I ended up teaming up with Pedram.

I'm going to get the archives downloaded tomorrow and get them up on the channel next week.

Catch you next time Will?

Gutter Trash Vol.4 - Singles Tournament

Group Stage:

http://youtu.be/oxbFwGm2BdQ

Match time-line:

0:27 - One Punch Carter(KE) vs Widget(Q)
05:34 - Crimeinal(IB) vs Strawberry3S(NE)
11:28 - True Mighy(HU) vs One Punch Carter(KE)
16:55 - Mr Clean(RY) vs Tamraz(YA)
22:20 - Rudi(KE) vs Crimeinal(IB)
32:16 - IZIL(RE) vs Goguu(YU) note: sound drops for a bit
40:18 - Rudi(CH)(KE) vs 3J(MA)
46:16 - True Might(HU) vs Scaffa(UR)
50:16 - Crimeinal(IB) vs TheShend(UR) note: stream drops
53:12 - Tamraz(YA) vs Cyrox(YU)
01:00:03 - Pedram SWE(EL) vs Paddy Hackers(GO)
01:05:28 - LUN(CH) vs Massi(YU)
01:12:12 - Scaffa(UR) vs Mr Clean(RY)
01:19:36 - True Might(HU) vs Cyrox(YU)

Top 8:

http://youtu.be/Ut25_NKrglw

Thanks for the upload Shend, I'll look forward to checking the vids out later on. I'm told it was a bit of a tier-fest other than True Might's superb Hugo.

Definitely looking to go to the next one, gutted I couldn't make it to this one!

I have now bumped three fighting threads in a row and my work here is done. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

The Dan Ranking Battles are back after a hiatus. All players/ranks reset. They had a Golden Week special Race to 7th Dan to kick off the new season.

New rules state that when one person hits the coveted titled 'Overlord', everyone gets reset again.

Bonus:

S9cDuf5.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is there any kind of absolute idiot's guide to playing this online on PC? And if there is then would anyone like to fight against someone who's rubbish at the game at some point?

Someone last night mentioned something called fightcade? I've bought this game multiple times including the 360 version but not sure I'd get many games there any more, plus it's a bit more hassle for me to get connected at the moment.

Thanks! I played tonight and it was good fun. I'm pretty terrible of course, but fortunately I found someone to play with who was similarly clearly not a 3s player at heart (judging by the number of fireballs he and I were both throwing). If you fancy a game any time let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Gutter Trash 5 happened yesterday, they had a lot of streaming issues with the 4G they've got in HoG but it was all recorded locally as well *phew*

There was also some recording going on for a documentary. The chap in the video is the UK player '3J'

Gutted you couldn't make it to this Gutter Trash Shend, your presence was missed!

y7xKlrUl.jpg

GTUzw31m.jpgK0Yis3nm.jpgh5yZn7Mm.jpgiip9XgXm.jpg

SWL9QU7m.jpgyhjur4hm.jpg

I've fallen in love with this game again thanks to Gutter Trash. 3rd Strike has always been my favorite Street Fighter. I enjoy IV but I love the way that nothing is safe in 3rd Strike thanks to the parry.

For GTIV I went with no practice at all and the last time I had touched the game was a random online session months before. This time around I've managed to get some practice mode time and a few offline games with some dudes at the local Street Fighter scene in Birmingham, Electronic Dojo.

Placed exactly the same as I did last time, but this time around I had to face a Yun [W], Chun [L] and Akuma [L] from some long term players. Managed to take a scalp of the Yun, but the first two games against the Yun were scrappy as hell from my end. 2nd match I got destroyed and almost perfected twice but managed to hold it together for my final bout!

Would really like to get better at the game, but the level of competition this time around was crazy. Best way to get better is clearly by playing more and sorting out my execution. After all these years, I have also decided to move away from SAIII from Oro and try out SAII. SAII seems to have a lot more set ups and most importantly, they are unblockable.

Great tournament organisation, nice and friendly players and cabs. Players got new sticks and buttons installed just for the event!

Playing this online again to stay somewhat sharp, but offline is clearly the way. I've got the "bug" for offline tournaments now, gonna try and go to as many for 3rd Strike and IV as possible. Waiting to get bodied...but that will be a good thing!

Would be good to see a few RLLMUKERS at the next event. Not enough people play this online here either!

• 2 months later...