IGNORED

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

TheShend

Yeah I think only one in ten matches on Switch are even playable. Likely because everyone is on wireless. Including me. Because you have to buy a daft dongle to play via ethernet.

I'm still hugely entertained by the fact I have those games arcade-perfect on a portable system though.

6 hours ago, joffocakes said:

Yeah I think only one in ten matches on Switch are even playable. Likely because everyone is on wireless. Including me. Because you have to buy a daft dongle to play via ethernet.

I'm still hugely entertained by the fact I have those games arcade-perfect on a portable system though.

I think I'll double dip with the Steam version as now I'm getting a budget laptop to take to Spain.

I'm missing SFV more than I thought now that I just have my switch with me.

A question. It might be me because I'm old. But... Don't you find difficult to switch between different versions of SF?

Input strictness.

Street Fighter V is very lenient with its inputs and, because of the additional 2-frame buffer it's much easier to link moves together too. It can definitely reinforce bad habits.

Going back to Street Fighter IV is certainly difficult if you're trying to land harder links. Especially online with its input-delay based netcode. For the most part though the fundamental aspects and input motions are ingrained in muscle memory so it isn't too much of an issue. Except Street Fighter 1. Fuck those special moves.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Stanshall said:

Oh bollocks. If I'd seen this sooner I'd have been there. I love Arcade Club, love 3S and I love, err, the rule of three. 

It's just singles today. Teams tomorrow. You'll have missed registration but you'll still be able to go down and get some casual matches in.

I've been playing a fair bit of 3rd Strike recently. Not in the greatest conditions; on Switch 30th Anniversary Collection online however matches are playable more often than I'd expected. Also I got the 8bitdo M30 6-face-button Mega Drive style pad and it's my favourite pad for Street Fighter since the Saturn. Very light too. 

Need to visit Arcade Club sometime soon. The place sounds massive and excellent. I occasionally work in Manchester so it's not tooooo far a detour.

4 hours ago, TheShend said:

It's just singles today. Teams tomorrow. You'll have missed registration but you'll still be able to go down and get some casual matches in.

Teams was today as well. Just casuals tomorrow. 

• 2 weeks later...

There was a follow up video where Floe explained it. Ricki Ortiz had played Daigo in casuals earlier in the weekend and had also made the mistake of trying to chip him out with that super. Until then the U.S. players had no idea it could be done, so that Chun super was seen as a checkmate situation against an opponent with pixels of health. Floe had talked to Ricki about it but apparently nobody had told Justin. The Japanese players and that small handful of American players who had seen or heard the tale of it were the only ones who saw it coming. :D

• 1 month later...

So, this game turned 20 years old on Sunday.

To celebrate, here's a Ryan Hart moment in glorious, eye-popping 240p:

We should probably set up some kind of lobby so we can be terrible at Third Strike together.

Fuck Chun, though.

Fuck Yun, too.