IGNORED

Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike

TheShend

[Why 3rd Strike...] I like not having to worry about shitty teammates. Or the salt I feel when a bad enemy player gets carried by his teammates.

Is exactly why I've been wanting coop in fighters for years. Playing ranked solo is maybe the saltiest of mines around, and to me, ‘worrying about shitty teammates’ is the sign of a terrible attitude that doesn't see its role in putting others off. And if a bad player gets carried, so what?!

If I could play coop Tekken with mates I'd be carrying them a bit, and I'm all for it! I want to help others out and encourage them. But fightdevs keep catering to players with this guy's views, and I think it's hurting the community by keeping it toy-pramsy. Snake Eyez said he doesn't have any FG friends and it made me like him more!

4 hours ago, Escape said:

Is exactly why I've been wanting coop in fighters for years.

Even though the actual business of fighting was a bit of a trainwreck, I'll maintain that 2v2 in SFxT was one of the most enjoyable fighting game things for a while - plotting together, apologising for screw-ups, poking fun at the opposition. (Also: pairing up with a drunken @Curtis for peak chaos :D ) They tried 3v3 co-op with an update for DBFZ but I was rarely able to arrange games with two other players, and that game's full of killers now.

Honestly, if they incorporated some of SFxT's ideas into a co-op mode for IV it would be the best thing. Maybe.

Tekken Tag 2 would've been sublime with good enough netcode, and they even had their short-lived WTF right there for it! A game built around tagging, released not long after SFxT, without that game's online support. It annoyed me that Harada and Murray were never asked about its omission, when plenty of us were so keen for it. The shitty-teammates voices were and are more common.

But teambased shooters are doing big numbers now as we wait for the first fighter to embrace it, remembering that teams have a celebrated history in tournaments. It matters more to me because I haven't played ranked in years, and if I could play in a team with mates I would. Beating others is the aim and reward, sure, but I miss the social pockets of our arcades; learning from better players and bantering. Double Dragon understood in '87!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll be looking for a teammate too. I expect I won't be part of any upsets like I was in the ST tournament, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I am terrible at Third Strike, unless people fall for my UOH nonsense. Which no-ones does, and that's fine.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

If 3rd Strike had Blanka in it I would be there Joffo!

:hmm:

On 08/05/2021 at 11:53, joffocakes said:

So uh, anybody wanna be my partner for @Singho's 2v2 tournament this Friday? 

Working backshift frustratingly but I'll have time to quickly lose.

Yes, yes Joffo! Thanks for pimping the event for me here lol, saves me from doing it!  Appreciated. :D

On 08/05/2021 at 12:22, TheShend said:

@joffocakes let me see, I may brake out the saturn USB pad now the election nonsense is out the way. 

Shend, please make it to this, I've not played you online or seen you play online since XBL days in 2006!

On 08/05/2021 at 12:32, Qazimod said:

My internet connection would ruin everyone’s day. Also I’d spend 99 seconds doing fullscreen neckbreakers and getting blown up.

FC2 is super stable man, jump in!

On 08/05/2021 at 17:17, Jonster said:

I'll do it if Shend doesn't.

Jonster is ready to ruin days!

On 08/05/2021 at 22:06, Lyrical Donut said:

I'll be looking for a teammate too. I expect I won't be part of any upsets like I was in the ST tournament, but I'm looking forward to it anyway. I am terrible at Third Strike, unless people fall for my UOH nonsense. Which no-ones does, and that's fine.

:hmm:

Looks like RLLMUK will have two teams which will be great!  Joffo and Shend\Jonster.  Or Lyrical and Jonster if the Shend makes it.

What's Goeman and Fuddle up to these days?

Can't believe I'm still playing this game all these years later...

On 10/05/2021 at 19:14, Singho said:

What's Goeman and Fuddle up to these days?

i havent played 3rd strike in years, infact it must be well over a year since i played street fighter 5 even by now!

i am tempted to try this fightcade stuff though, it is something i'd like to get back into.

fake edit: i just remembered i did play 3s in japan a few years ago, i couldnt even remember makotos moves and got battered by an akuma.

13 hours ago, TheShend said:

I'm in unless you've tagged up someone else?

I have not, partner! Let's get signed up, pick a fun team name for us haha!

EDIT: @TheShend how about (I've assumed you'd use Q?)...

KnowingMeKnowingQ (an actor credited as The Shend is in the first episode)

EffieQ (like FAQ? Is this terrible?)

Business: aQmain (this is terrible)

Subpar Art II

Elbow Room

Deadly Double Abomination / Pitiful Combo Attack

Quite A Stretch

Charge Characters

TheShend Justifies the Mains

or just chip shop stuff:

Salty Scraps

Mashy Ps

Chips, Cheese n Kara Sauce