Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

The Sarge

Has anyone else noticed two people killing eachother at the same time now? Like:

<John> M16A3 Killed <Jimmy>

<Jimmy> F2000 Killed <John>

has happened quite a few times since the patch.

I've had this several times (on Xbox, so still pre-patch) - including one time where I think me and CarloOos mortared each other to death simultaneously :D. I think it's just the odd time where you both manage to get off enough rounds to kill each other in the same exchange rather than anything iffy

I don't get it, why did they change how all the guns feel? They all feel awful now, not a single gun I like to use whereas before there were 5 or 6 I could switch between happily. I don't get why you'd even change that. Engineer is out of the question for me now, their guns are the worst. This game went from fun to not very fun so fucking quickly, I can't believe it.

Now that I can turn lag smoothing all the way down it feels crisper and more responsive to me. All they really changed about the weapons was that they become more inaccurate more quickly so automatic fire at longer ranges is less effective.

Feels like it's more than that. Either way the guns have changed for the worst, I don't know anyone that complained about the guns as a whole before the patch, so why change it? The M16A3 is the only one that feels any fun to use now. Before the patch I'd switch between M16A3, AEK, F2000, M249, G36C and all felt different and fun. Now I won't touch any of those apart from the first. It makes me :(

BC2 was released with only 5 conquest maps, but it had 13 by the end of its run. HOWEVER, they only actually ever released 2 new maps. The rest were expansions from rush gametype and 2 from BC1. Although they did also release Vietnam which had another 5 maps

I really dont get why developers fail to understand the longevity given to a game by new maps. If 4 new maps came out for BC2 today i'd drop 1200 points on em and go play them right now for a month

More great games with Tobert and FuntimeDave last night.

Nice to see your new found piloting skills Tobes, the moment when you swooped down 12 foot off the ground and headshotted 7 guys in one run was incredible. And don't get me started on Funtime's mad skillz. He's the equivalent of the CoD4 n00b tube, using tanks to take people out from the other side of the map. HAX!!!

Keep up the good work guys!

BC2 was released with only 5 conquest maps, but it had 13 by the end of its run. HOWEVER, they only actually ever released 2 new maps. The rest were expansions from rush gametype and 2 from BC1. Although they did also release Vietnam which had another 5 maps

I really dont get why developers fail to understand the longevity given to a game by new maps. If 4 new maps came out for BC2 today i'd drop 1200 points on em and go play them right now for a month

I've no idea how much money they make from map packs and how long it takes to produce, but I imagine them to be quite a little money earner. Surely you could have one team creating several map packs over the first 12-18months after release. Seems like a good way to make money for them without having to go into the full development and costly production of getting a new game to market.

The other night I discovered that as an attacker on Kharg island you can get in the defenders' tank if they don't use it (it's in the no-go zone but if you run to it and drive it back to the okay zone fast you just about make it). A gunner jumped in with me and I felt like the daddy as we ripped them up from behind :)

Have another blast on Co-op and see if it unlocks?

I'll be on tonight from about 10:00-1am if anyones up for some tank + CITV games.

Reading around it seems like it'll change once the update with Karkland goes live. Hopefully anyway.

Might well be around tonight, I'll happily SOFLAM or Javelin at the same time.

Battlefield 4 will be a simulation of real-world warfare where players get to play at being soldiers sat in dimly lit offices in the middle of the US controlling drones via satellite. I hear it will come complete with a caffeine-deficiency "suppression" mechanic where your reaction speed suffers if you don't move your character to the coffee machine once every 20 minutes. Players choosing the Russian faction will be treated to a ground-breaking role-playing experience where you get to play as an ineffective Russian spy who sleeps with various members of the Liberal Democratic party in the UK.

Nice games alst night with myself, smithstock, Little Joe and Tobert defending on one team and then I think Moose, Fishy and Sapa888(? soz if that is wrong) on the other - outnumbering us in a rush game. It was proper last stand business with the attackers blowing holes in the ceiling and coming out of the goddam walls affair. You all know the games where you are shouting spots and tactical positions to each other and have that battlefield rush with a 'In your face' action when you win.

Before that was just ripping the other team apart with the tank - all you flyboys and wannabe string fellow hawkes can piss about doing fancy loop the loops in your little aeroplanes and little birds, us infantry and tank crew know where the real battles happen ;-)

I had an awesome game on Damavand Peak in the Z-11.

The best moment was when I was hovering above the B MCOM, just casually scouting the area. Out of nowhere an RPG comes flying toward me from the rooftop doorway above the A MCOM. I strafe to the right to avoid being hit. As soon as I make this movement, another RPG gets fired. I knew this one was missing, so I stabilize myself.

I line my sights up to the door and let rip, I score a kill and continue to fire my machine guns along the whole width of the building through the windows. Another kill.

I swoop over the building and come down the other side. Just as I turn around I spot another solder jumping off the rooftop to the right. Down I go. Spraying lead in to his pathetic little body as he tries to hide in a corner. I grab my kill and majestically guide it through the opening in the wall.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/battlereport/show/9487130/1/268470129/

Scout helicopters are so much fun :wub:

Nice games alst night with myself, smithstock, Little Joe and Tobert defending on one team and then I think Moose, Fishy and Sapa888(? soz if that is wrong) on the other - outnumbering us in a rush game. It was proper last stand business with the attackers blowing holes in the ceiling and coming out of the goddam walls affair. You all know the games where you are shouting spots and tactical positions to each other and have that battlefield rush with a 'In your face' action when you win.

Before that was just ripping the other team apart with the tank - all you flyboys and wannabe string fellow hawkes can piss about doing fancy loop the loops in your little aeroplanes and little birds, us infantry and tank crew know where the real battles happen ;-)

RE This.

Tobert riding shotgun with me in the UH-1Y in Damavand Tunnel, fun while it lasted. Also, MCOM Defender ribbon. Yeah bbbhhhooyyyyy.

Just realised I bought the limited edition so I get the new maps for free on release day. Does it detect limited edition copies or do I need to enter a code as I cant see anything in the box.

The LE stuff is tied in with your online pass.

As long as you redeemed the code for that then you'll get the new maps for free :)

RE This.

Tobert riding shotgun with me in the UH-1Y in Damavand Tunnel, fun while it lasted. Also, MCOM Defender ribbon. Yeah bbbhhhooyyyyy.

Yeah, you were slaughtering our team, and then Tobert bailed out and shot me dead as soon as he touched the ground. I had to respawn with Stingers, and although I didn't shoot you down, I managed to keep forcing you behind the ridge with missile locks to help allow our side to advance.

I managed to disable another chopper while parachuting down (don't know who was flying that one though).

It was a good match and we almost had it - I managed to arm and destroy 'B' unnopposed somehow (no-one even shot at me!) and then went smoke crazy trying to get 'A'. I managed to arm it a couple of times but to no avail.

Great fun. :D

Man those games where awesome, we managed to get the heli into the tunnels of Damavan, I was on the mini gun and it was a proper predator moment; I opened up and "Bllllleeeeerrrgggg!!!" 4 dead in a second,! Then jumping out and repairing before getting back in and trying to blow a hole through the portal cabin to shoot a tank before finally being taken down.

The second game on Damavan peak was 7 v 11 I think and, after being swapped for two sets of Mcoms, we decided to just bed down in the warehouse builing and try to defend the one mcom. We put down a T-ugs and quickly the map started lighting up as the enemy swarmed our position, circling the windows with a helicopter and crawling all over the roof. Frankly I was running around like

2667913_f520.jpg

Fortunatley Littlejoe and Smithstock were more like:

aliens-marines.jpg

We held them off but it got more and more intense as the tickets dropped with several arms and last ditch disarms with them using smoke, and trying to blow a hole through the ceiling but we held out and won the day. What made this game was those little pauses when you know the enemy are regrouping, and you just run around dropping medpack and ammo watching the map nervously as you start to hear gun fire and shouting right outside the building.

This game absolutely lives or die's with who you play with, I had played the day before on my own and it was shit (14 deaths to 4 kills) but for every frustration game there is a gem like this one which makes it all worth while.

Yeah, it absolutely astounds me. We have to eternally suffer ridiculous decisions by businesses because, at the end of the day they usually exist to make money. Those map packs are like a license to print money so how there aren't more of them as you say, seems ridiculous.

MW2 is an extreme example but still, regarding the stimulus package:-

One million purchases and downloads occurred within the first 24 hours, according to a statement from Activision. In dollar terms, that’s over $US37 million USD in revenue in the map pack’s first week on the market, a clear sign that 2.5 million people quickly came to grips with the Stimulus Package pricing.

Keep in mind that’s just one week on a single platform, as Microsoft locked down the Modern Warfare 2 map pack as a timed exclusive for the Xbox 360. We’re sure Activision will be further swimming in it when the Stimulus Package goes wider and the next collection of downloadable content comes to Call of Duty fans.