IGNORED

Battlefield 3 - Rllmuk 360 Tag: rllmukBF3

The Sarge

Oh lordy, 40 seconds in I thought I was looking at that highrise level from MW2.

Wait till we see the next clip with the levels set in an airport terminal and quarry...:)

It looks fun, but that appears on first glance to be deathmatch gameplay - no sign of M-Coms or Flags - so it'll be interesting to see how it works with a focussed team objective. It does look remarkably similar to Highrise though.

If they are going to reduce the number of players for the new maps then that must mean they will be completely separated from the normal playlist, not integrated like Karkand

Yeah, this really worries me. Vietnam totally spoiled BC2 like I said earlier because it was on a different rotation.

Not to mention 16 players is/will be shit. It's one of the benefits of the PC version and for them to reduce that leave a lot of people unhappy I think.

Well lower player count just sounds shit to me. And I honestly would be happy if the DLC just fixed whatever the fuck it is they've done since BC2 that means we have to find a full server every other round. It takes the piss how rarely we get to stay on a server for more than a couple of maps.

I really like the idea of some tight skirmish maps, just worried that they'll be tiny, lazy thrown together maps to placate the baying mob. A no vehicle map needs much less playtesting and design time. If they are tight and focused and well designed like some counter strike maps then i'll be made up

I really like the idea of some tight skirmish maps, just worried that they'll be tiny, lazy thrown together maps to placate the baying mob. A no vehicle map needs much less playtesting and design time. If they are tight and focused and well designed like some counter strike maps then i'll be made up

Aye, same. My main concern is that smaller, tight maps will be riddled with RPGs, Noobtubes, grenades and USAS blasting. Like, constantly. I like the idea of infantry maps, I just hope there's scope for tactics and not fast paced mindless firing.

Despite what people here think, you really don't need to speak at all in this game to get good teamwork going. The UI is incredibly well designed to share all necessary information without voice.

I'd say in general people are fairly smart and team savvy on this. Certainly light years ahead of the MW crowd.

My only real bugbears are the Amtrak drivers who don't know how to use it, and support guys who never give out ammo. You always see stupid stuff, but for every idiot there's usually somebody else doing a good job.

Yeah, fucking support guys. I can usually get a health pack out of medics, but I reckon most supports forget they even have ammo packs. There ought to be a clearer indicator on the recipient's screen when someone asks for ammo (or health, or a vehicle pickup). I often hear the "hey, I need a ride!" call out, but have no idea where it came from. In BC2 the player would get a big flashing arrow over them.

It flashes on the mini map if someone asks for something doesn't it?

I agree though it needs to be more noticeable, I fucking hate try to chase down tanks and stuff for a ride. Especially if I don't get there in time and I'm stranded in the middle of nowhere :P

No-one seems to really be playing on PS3 unfortunately, I added a few people a good while ago and I've never seen one of them playing!

Feel free to add me (BadForTheGlass) and my non-rllmuk mate (KKNNTTHH). We both play a fair bit, him more than me.

It flashes on the mini map if someone asks for something doesn't it?

Does it? That's of limited use in the choppers, though, because the mini-map range is pretty short.

On a side-note, I've got into the habit of recently of flicking into the menu to see the larger map so I can see where lit-up enemies are. There's often quite a lot going on just beyond the range of the mini-map.

I'm sure I've asked this on here before but can't remember the answer...

I need some tips on getting the 2 kills with emplaced weapons ribbon. What map and game mode is best?

I got it on operation firestorm, up the dock end. You might not always get aircraft coming close enough there, but sometimes you can take down troops around the nearest capture point.

I need some tips on getting the 2 kills with emplaced weapons ribbon. What map and game mode is best?

I'd try Kharg Island Rush - Offence. The massive gun on the boat can catch any spawn killing jets easily enough. You can also shoot on to the beach and maybe grab a couple of kills.

Another map is Tehran Highway Rush - Defence. After the first two nodes you head down the hill and there are two Stationary AT Rocket Launchers you could try.

Another map is Tehran Highway Rush - Defence. After the first two nodes you head down the hill there are two Stationary AT Rocket Launchers you could try.

I might be wrong but I don't *think* they count? Anyone?

Caspian Border Conquest I got it on - hide at A and wait for either a tank or a jeep with people in to roll in, use the TOW launcher to smack them from behind.