Batman: Arkham City - Reviews - Post #882

The Sarge

I'm sure there's a green question mark that can only be reached by Catwoman. It's past one of those ceiling grate things that only she can use.

I picked up all the green trophies with Batman, twice, so there's definitely a route. Museum one, or outside? Besides, you know there'd be outrage if you couldn't 100% the Riddler stuff without buying DLC.

Catwoman's trophies also count toward the Enigma side-mission, so you can use her allowance to complete it well before the end of the story.

Anyone playing this on a PC with FPS issues?

I just bought this and I see there was a patch released in december to fix this problem but I still have issues with FPS. I got a GTX570 so what the fuck? :mellow:

Hmm sounds worrying, I got this for Xmas and have a 475 - AA ran super well, I hope this is okay.

Hmm sounds worrying, I got this for Xmas and have a 475 - AA ran super well, I hope this is okay.

It runs just as well as AA on DX9 and looks amazing. So don't worry. If you want to max out all them fancy DX11 features and also bump up the PhysX you'll need a pretty hefty gaming PC and a dedicated PhysX card. If you set everything to ultra on a single 570 then yeah you're going to have FPS issues.

Note that the only thing that was bugged on release was the DX11 stuff. That has since been patched and it runs fine now (except for 32bit users, they have to wait for another patch) but DX9 has always been fine.

AA ran perfectly for me as well, thats why this fps issue suprises me. I could run skyrim om max so I should be able to play this on dx11.

you mentioned patch for 32 bit? As in vista 32?

Skyrim, as great as it is, doesn't push PCs hard at all so that is an unfortunate comparison and you certainly shouldn't use Skyrim performance as a guide to running the likes of Battlefield 3 or Arkham City.

About the patch - DX11 was fucked when AC came out, they eventually released a patch that fixes the issue for Windows 64bit users. The game patches automatically once you log in to live so unless you're running a naughty yarr you don't have to worry about it. If you're using a 32bit version of windows then DX11 is still fucked for you and you'll have to wait until the next patch. But like I said, you ain't missing much so just play it in DX9 and enjoy.

I am running Vista 32 bit, so I guess that explains it then. See the FPS drop comes in such a manner that it doesn't appear to be due to hardware limitations. It doesn't happen during explosions or when I'm fighting 10 bad guys at the same time. It can happen simply by climbing a building or something similar.

I like the term naughty yarr hehe. I can proudly say that its been about a decade since I last downloaded a game without paying for it. Today I buy 99% of my games via steam, and Paradox Interactive, my favorite developer releases 90% of their products digitally. There really is no reason to illegally download games (or music) anymore

I am running Vista 32 bit, so I guess that explains it then. See the FPS drop comes in such a manner that it doesn't appear to be due to hardware limitations. It doesn't happen during explosions or when I'm fighting 10 bad guys at the same time. It can happen simply by climbing a building or something similar.

Yep that is the bug. Like I said, the patch for 32bit users will come sometime after the holidays so just be patient and play it in DX9 in the meantime. It looks amazing regardless!

I like the term naughty yarr hehe. I can proudly say that its been about a decade since I last downloaded a game without paying for it. Today I buy 99% of my games via steam, and Paradox Interactive, my favorite developer releases 90% of their products digitally. There really is no reason to illegally download games (or music) anymore

Same here, ever since discovering Steam there is no need to yarr anything anymore for me. It's so goddamn convenient and user-friendly that yarring a game feels like a massive step backwards. Steam and GOG is the perfect combination for me!

Played through the main story in the few days since I got it- excellent game. A lot of Spiderman 2: The Movie: The Game elements to it, plus the glorious flowing AA combat. A little overcomplicated in terms of the new gadgets (still haven't worked out how to use them all in combat), I thought.

Loved the scope of the rogues gallery the game contained- really captured the City's feel of chaos, everyone having their own agenda. Anybody else uneasy about

Clayface in the Lazarus pit?

Ooh- something I haven't figured out which I don't consider will spoil anything to ask about. Riddler's pressure pads. How do you keep them pressed down? And how do you press the ones on the wall? Can't seem to find a gadget to do it for me.

Bit of a shame about the 'not throwing thugs off buildings' thing- that would be a really helpful takedown when dealing with a rooftop full of armed thugs, as you generally can't get a vantage point on them. Makes sense, of course, but still... Throwing goons into other goons was handy as well.

A lot of Spiderman 2: The Movie: The Game elements to it

man I would love for Rocksteady to take a crack at a Spider-Man 2 game, that would be amazing. Shame that it will never happened as they're owned by Warner :( None of the other DC superheroes are as suited to videogames as Batman and most of the Marvel characters.

Ooh- something I haven't figured out which I don't consider will spoil anything to ask about. Riddler's pressure pads. How do you keep them pressed down? And how do you press the ones on the wall? Can't seem to find a gadget to do it for me.

You have to get from one to another without touching the floor, usually using the line launcher. There should be some simple ones where they're adjacent or close where you can run/walk/roll across them. The ones on walls require gliding to the wall, holding A and pulling back on the analogue stick, it makes Batman look behind him and by pressing and holding A again you can push off the wall into another glide.

You have to get from one to another without touching the floor, usually using the line launcher. There should be some simple ones where they're adjacent or close where you can run/walk/roll across them. The ones on walls require gliding to the wall, holding A and pulling back on the analogue stick, it makes Batman look behind him and by pressing and holding A again you can push off the wall into another glide.

Ah, alright then. Guess the latter makes sense, but the former had me very confused- as far as I was concerned, they just deactivated as soon as I got off them!

The ones on walls require gliding to the wall, holding A and pulling back on the analogue stick, it makes Batman look behind him and by pressing and holding A again you can push off the wall into another glide.

Ah. This might be the key to one of the few Riddler trophies I have left to collect. I don't think you're taught this technique, are you?

There are three routes from the main room (the one with the ice)

From where you first enter, straight ahead is the ice lounge, and penguin. Right is the room with most of the cops (which it sounds like you cleared already) and left is where you should find Mr freeze imprisoned, explore the room and you should trigger a fight to continue.

Been running around finding shit now in an attempt to progress the Riddler missions. Also, I totally didn't realise that tracing Zsasz' calls was a minigame, so did a couple of the race-y bits then was wondering why I couldn't skip his speech afterwards :facepalm:

I just cleared the main campaign! All in all it's great fun: I loved the fighting, though I think because I played infrequently I kept forgetting the moves. It'd be nice if there was a practice room with enemies that constantly respawned - Is there one? I just kept on going to first challenge, but it's not quite what I wanted.

The controls outside of the fighting were a bit clunky IMO and it is not as fun as say Crackdown or Infamous when just exploring city or getting from A to B.

I liked least the Bosses, Dr. Freeze was OK but the guy you fight early on with Penguin and the

Gear Of War Reject

at the end weren't that good IMO.

It's a very beautiful game too, looks great on the PC.