IGNORED

Boardwalk Empire

The Sarge

Only rubbish bit was the lack of Chicago action....

This.

After seeing the attempt on the Capones lives

, I really wanted to see what happened next.

Other than that, this show has me gripped each week, just cause I can't never see or work out how a character is going to act. Just like the ending, I never expected that.

I can't see how they're going to wrap up a lot of the storylines with only 1 episode left though. I'd expect the Chigago and FBI ones to carry on into S5 whilst Chalky and Narcisse will be the big finale pay off.

Really satisfied with that ending.

I knew as soon as he said "I love you" to Tommy it was the end for him. Absolutely gutted :( Glad he got the final shot of the series though, shows the writers know how much of a loved character he was.

What I found great about this ending was it didn't go for the typical guns blazing shootout between Narcisse and Chalky like you'd expect. His daughter getting shot proper made me gasp out loud, didn't see that coming at all.

Also, did anyone else feeling sorry for Agent Knox when Eli was killing him? I kinda bad for him. He was right about the organised crime all along and had he had the support of his piers he'd have brought down the biggest crime lords in the country. Yet he ended up getting his head smashed in by a vase.

One outstanding question though, did Al send that guy to kill Torrio? I'm sure it's not as simple as it played out on screen. The whole "good job Torrio left when he did" (the convenience if it) and then weeks "yeah you're probably right" from Al, with the shifty look and tone of voice suggests he thinks Torrio organised that hit. Only thing that puts a spanner into that theory though is that Torrio passes the torch onto Al. But I guess getting shot six times made him change his mind.

Excellent.

It's amazing how we can feel the most sympathy for the show's most proficient and driven killer.

He will leave a considerable hole in the show. He was my favourite character by far, but I really like where they are taking Chalkie. The next series might be an all out war.

I'm behind the curve with this as I'm watching it on Sky Atlantic, but this season has been god tier television so far. Right up there with the best of any shows. It's such a shame that so many gave up on this show after the first season.

I found the first two seasons good if flawed at times. Last season was a step up in quality. This season has been at another level altogether. Only the Gillian storyline seems somewhat weak just now and thankfully the screen time dedicated to that has been limited.

Really satisfied with that ending.

I knew as soon as he said "I love you" to Tommy it was the end for him. Absolutely gutted :( Glad he got the final shot of the series though, shows the writers know how much of a loved character he was.

What I found great about this ending was it didn't go for the typical guns blazing shootout between Narcisse and Chalky like you'd expect. His daughter getting shot proper made me gasp out loud, didn't see that coming at all.

Also, did anyone else feeling sorry for Agent Knox when Eli was killing him? I kinda bad for him. He was right about the organised crime all along and had he had the support of his piers he'd have brought down the biggest crime lords in the country. Yet he ended up getting his head smashed in by a vase.

One outstanding question though, did Al send that guy to kill Torrio? I'm sure it's not as simple as it played out on screen. The whole "good job Torrio left when he did" (the convenience if it) and then weeks "yeah you're probably right" from Al, with the shifty look and tone of voice suggests he thinks Torrio organised that hit. Only thing that puts a spanner into that theory though is that Torrio passes the torch onto Al. But I guess getting shot six times made him change his mind.

'you win, kid.'

I sat on the sofa, fists balled against my mouth, eyes wide for the entire credit roll after that.

God fucking damn, this show.

Ending was incredible. Everything about it, Richards final scenes were beautiful. Daughter Maitlands song, all of it, incredible.

Im gonna go watch Harrows rampage from season 3 over and over and remember the good times we had together :(

Stupid Tommy, always fucking things up for everyone. Knew something bad was going to happen after that.

Plus did Harrow just screwed up taking the shot?, it seemed liked it but I wasn't sure at the time watching.

Shame only a glimpse of Rothstein in this episode.

Stupid Tommy, always fucking things up for everyone. Knew something bad was going to happen after that.

Plus did Harrow just screwed up taking the shot?, it seemed liked it but I wasn't sure at the time watching.

Shame only a glimpse of Rothstein in this episode.

Harrow couldn't kill anymore, as was established in earlier episodes of this season. That and he had a physical injury.

• 1 month later...

It has been confirmed that the next season is the last. I suppose prohibition didn't last that long.

I don't mind this coming to an end so much. It's been brilliant but I wouldn't want to see them drag it out too long or be cancelled with no warning so we don't get a proper conclusion. Here's hoping for an epic final season.

I'm not reading this thread, but as it's resurfaced I'm popping in to say that my wife bought me the Blu Ray box set for Christmas and it's splendid viewing. It's filling the void left by Breaking Bad really nicely. I love the era, the visual flair and the strong performances all round. I'm just about to start series 2, and looking forward to catching up and reading what you've all been saying as it's gone on.