IGNORED

Anyone collect PS2 games?

boyo

I don't actively collect anything in particular but my PS2 collection is my largest.

Got alot of good games, unfortunately also got alot of really shite stuff (promo copies, mostly THQ...)

Not a huge PS2 collector, more PS1 stuff for me (got a mint "Raystorm" the other day, yay) but my missus was sorting out some of her old car boot stuff last week and came across a bargain I had long forgotten about, "Rez" for PS2, with the £2.50 price sticker still attached to it, she said she almost took it to the boot sale, but then thought better of it, good girl :-)

Right, off to go see what Super_Quincey is selling on fleabay this week, he he

Mike..

Like Outrun 2, Rez is one of those games I've probably bought too many times. After my own iniial experience of the game, I later spotted it whilst shopping around for a birthday gift for my brother (I think he played through Area 1, smiled and nodded, put it back on the shelf and probably hasn't played it since :( ), and later on I bought it on XBLA...then I saw another copy for sale without the cover, so I bought that "because it was there"...and then months later I found a copy with the cover, so I snapped that up and gave the coverless copy to a rllmuker.

All were the standalone game though - no vibrator...

Not a huge PS2 collector, more PS1 stuff for me (got a mint "Raystorm" the other day, yay) but my missus was sorting out some of her old car boot stuff last week and came across a bargain I had long forgotten about, "Rez" for PS2, with the £2.50 price sticker still attached to it, she said she almost took it to the boot sale, but then thought better of it, good girl :-)

Right, off to go see what Super_Quincey is selling on fleabay this week, he he

Mike..

Rollup Rollup, affordable crap on offer! :hat:

Hi I am thinking of adding a PS2 to my console setup... I used to own one last gen but got rid when I moved up... Due to limited funds I cant keep all my old consoles.

I recently got rid of PS3 and got an iPad and I also have a 360 and an ipod touch.

Obviously 360 will cover all my nextgen needs (and I will put up with missing out on the handful of PS3 exclusives).

But for fillin/cheapies i was wondering about getting another PS2, I missed loads of gems during the last gen for various reasons and hardly completed any games at all due to lack of time.

The only reason this springs to mind is that the PS2 fat goes for £20 pre-owned in Gamestation , the slim goes for 30... which sounds like a massive bargain

So I hate the slim to due to top loader so thinking of big phat ps2 are there any known issues are they known to be problematic in operation given age etc etc?

any other info?

Ive only got about 40-50 ps2 games, i dont really play them anymore.

weirdly, the ps3 is the only main console ive never bought since the 80s... i just dont play enough to warrant it, and the 360 seems to have what i want at the moment. ill probably end up buying one eventally if i can ever get one for 100 quid or so..

• 2 weeks later...

I am an avid PS2 fan. Have a fair sized collection, just over the 200 mark now with a nice mix of 100 PAL titles and the rest NTSC.

Really love the machine, such diversity and still the quality of so many games remains very high. I don't really have many titles left that I want to buy now, which is a shame as I used to love the chase!

Some of my favourite games include Final Fantasy XII, Racing Battle C1 Grand Prix, God Hand, Persona 3 FES, Darkwatch, Tokyo Extreme Racer Zero, Ace Combat 5 and plenty more.

Gamestation in my area seem to have stopped the 3 for £5 also.

• 4 weeks later...

I've noticed that in France and Spain Wipeout Pulse has been released on the PS2. Did this get released in the UK/Aus?

Yes, sometime last year. I was hoping it would herald a wave of cheap-and-cheerful PS2 games, but it never materialised.

Seriously, Sony and other publishers could make good money either repressing old titles or handing out SDKs to smaller devs. In a perfect world this would happen.