Bioshock: Infinite - New E3 Demo - Post #307

So for the people who've ordered the Steam version on GMG, if you try to activate the industrial revolution thing through the Steam link it'll redirect you to the PC/CD version, will there be any trouble linking this to the Steam game when it arrives (for the free loot you can win)?

I emailed GMG questioning the key thing.

They came back in minutes saying that the IR key is a pre ordee bonus and that Steam keys will be sent nearer release.

If I've already ordered, will I still get an Xcom?

Why don't you just give us some impressions of the game instead Matt and save yourself?

I'd be interested to hear about it and I'm sure a few others would too.

Getting this as my sister is an insane fan, want to compare trophies etc on PS3. I have a Xbox too, would I be losing out much on not getting Xbox version? Multiplatform games are almost always better on xbox graphically. Has there been any mention yet of how they compare?

Getting this as my sister is an insane fan, want to compare trophies etc on PS3. I have a Xbox too, would I be losing out much on not getting Xbox version? Multiplatform games are almost always better on xbox graphically. Has there been any mention yet of how they compare?

If you were intending to buy the game twice, PC makes more sense than 360: it's cheaper, there are additional graphical effects, and given the Unreal lineage I imagine even a fairly modest PC will easily surpass the console versions. Presumably it has 360 controller support, too.

As for the PS3 version, I know it has additional Move controls and is being handled by Irrational themselves. It wasn't the lead platform as such, but supposedly they've been coding with the machine's memory architecture in mind from day one — more troublesome, but ultimately improves efficiency for all platforms — and the switch to techniques such as deferred lighting play into areas Sony's machine has typically performed well. At the very least I don't expect it to be a shoddy port, so differences between the consoles will probably be fairly minimal. Frankly I'm steering clear of footage as I don't want to come across spoilers, though.