rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
FishyFish

Locke & Key Netflix Series.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a266579/spielberg-plans-locke--key-tv-series.html

Steven Spielberg is reportedly working with Fringe producers Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci on a television adaptation of the Locke & Key comic series.

First published in 2008, Locke & Key follows three young boys who discover a spooky mansion that can give them special powers and transport them to different worlds.

Kurtzman and Orci will work alongside writer and executive producer Josh Friedman to adapt the comic, according to New York Magazine.

The original series was written by Joe Hill, the son of famous horror writer Stephen King. Dimension originally purchased the television and film rights to the franchise shortly after publication of the first issue.

No network has yet been confirmed for the show, which will be a co-production between 20th Century Fox TV and Spielberg's DreamWorks TV.

On 25/08/2010 at 00:20, Siddique said:

Fantastic comic, as with almost all adaptations there's fuckall point as it's already as good as it can be its original medium.

It'll be twee

Not many people read comics, this this gives it universal accessibility.

• Upvote 2

It's a really nice book, so I'll be interested to see what they do with it. Even if the synopsis in the link is a bit wrong.

• Upvote 1

This has gone to Netflix, with a series order

It's had a bit of a journey. The Spielberg version never went ahead. Then it went to Universal for a movie, which never went ahead. Last year, it went to Hulu, with Carlton Cuse, who made a pilot. Execs wanted it, but the new boss didn't, so it was axed a couple of months ago. Now it's gone to Netflix, with Cuse still running it. It won't be based on the Hulu pilot, but starting again.

• Upvote 1

Coming on 7 February

Locke and Key stars Darby Stanchfield (Scandal) as Nina Locke,  Jackson Robert Scott (It and It 2) as Bode Locke,  Connor Jessup (American Crime) as Tyler Locke, Emilia Jones (Horrible Histories) as Kinsey Locke,  Bill Heck (The Ballad of Buster Scruggs) as Rendell Locke, Laysla De Oliveira as Dodge, Thomas Mitchell Barnet as Sam Lesser, Griffin Gluck (American Vandal) as Gabe, Coby Bird as Rufus Whedon.

After their father is murdered under mysterious circumstances, the three Locke siblings and their mother move into their ancestral home, Keyhouse, which they discover is full of magical keys that may be connected to their father’s death. As the Locke children explore the different keys and their unique powers, a mysterious demon awakens — and will stop at nothing to steal them. From Carlton Cuse (Lost, Bates Motel) and Meredith Averill (The Haunting of Hill House), the series is a coming-of-age mystery about love, loss, and the unshakable bonds that define family.

2WqSAnt.jpg

31 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

If they fuck this up, I am not going to be happy, it’s probably one of my favourite comics I have ever read.

100% with you on that  

I will not be amused at all if this goes wrong. Though I was listening to Joe on a podcast the other day and he sounded rather positive.  

52 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

If they fuck this up, I am not going to be happy, it’s probably one of my favourite comics I have ever read.

Thirded. In my top 3 of the last 15 years

1 hour ago, Charliemouse said:

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.... I look forward to the subplot about magic blood or some other stupid bollocks. They've fucked up everything they've ever touched.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Albert Fish said:

Alex Kurtzman and Roberto Orci.... I look forward to the subplot about magic blood or some other stupid bollocks. They've fucked up everything they've ever touched.

And the hype is gone. 

I think Cuse may be the saviour. Please let him be the saviour. 

Just checked out all the cast and they all look the part IMO. 

Bode in particular cos he's key obviously,

pun intended. 

Trailers up now haven't had chance to check it myself as on a work call. 

• Upvote 1

Oh, yeah am a fan of the original novel. Always thought this would make an amazing tv show, there was an attempt ages ago that only got as far as a pilot. This looks better BUT I think it really needs to be darker/less glossy. The moment the kid left his body and I saw the CG I became a bit skeptical, everything has to be fully faithful for this to work but the tone in the trailers feels a bit off.

I'm not, that looks pretty bloody special and I had goosebumps on occasion. 

One months time. 

That looks amazing, I will have to give the comics a re-read again as I haven’t read them for about three years now.

3 minutes ago, Charliemouse said:

That looks amazing, I will have to give the comics a re-read again as I haven’t read them for about three years now.

I think I'll do the same starting with tomorrows train journey to work. 

• Upvote 2

Looks good. The tone of it is spot on IMO: scary, mysterious, the theme of childhood innocence and fantasy - all present and correct

Seems to be somewhat loosely based on the comic, which is great because the comic is so good that anything too faithful is likely to be compared unfavourably. Lots of things revealed in the trailer that come much much later in the comics.

The whole premise has so much milage. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

I think I'll do the same starting with tomorrows train journey to work. 

I read it once a year. It's like stepping back to my childhood for a few days :)

Good lord I forgot how perfectly plotted, written and drawn the first book is. 

It's faultless. 

Not mine. Planning a weekend binge that will start once I've watched Picard later

Reviews seem pretty good though they all mention the horror has been rather sanitised. 

I didn't realise this was going to be more of a family friendly goosebumps type of thing. Interest crushed. 

17 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Not mine. Planning a weekend binge that will start once I've watched Picard later

Reviews seem pretty good though they all mention the horror has been rather sanitised. 

Yeah  that has really worried me too, the comic has some really brutal violence as well, which I assume has been either toned down a lot or cut out completely.

Just watched the first episode, it’s really good. It feels like Locke & Key. It’s, I think, a bit more condensed, there’s stuff introduced quite early that I seem to remember being revealed much later in the comics. But that just gives the impression that the writers really know what they’re doing.

The important thing was that there was one genuine full-body-chill moment. Deliciously creepy.

Yeah frankly first two Eps didn't work as well for me. 

I'm a bit sad.