IGNORED

Auto Club Revolution and NASCAR 11

Dimahoo

• 3 weeks later...

LOL sorry.

Utterly amazing if true. I won't deny it still looks impressive. I've only ever seen Rfactor run with more cars.

In fact only F-zero was the last game series to feature so many vehicles in 3D IIRC.

That also looks like a replay cam in that still...don't tell me you can do 43 cars with a replay cam - on a 360??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

LOL sorry.

Utterly amazing if true. I won't deny it still looks impressive. I've only ever seen Rfactor run with more cars.

In fact only F-zero was the last game series to feature so many vehicles in 3D IIRC.

Only just found this again but you do realise EA released Nascar games with that many vehicles on basically everything up until 2008 right?

Academic of course since they never bothered releasing the game here.

nascar09_xbox360_packshot.jpg

I've sent you a friend request, though I'm not sure if I'll actually be able to take part in races from this laptop.

edit: just tried a single player time trial - it was better than expected for an old laptop, but I think I'd get pasted using it for races! :)

If you want to get into a race, head to the "race hangout" tab - needs some work that, I agree its not obvious.

Just had a notice saying its going down for maintenance in 10 mins as well :(

I've got it. But i don't know how to setup game. Is it done online or offline?

*edit*

ACRLauncher doesn't run. Its running in the background but no screen appears. I assume the configs done here.

Windows 7 64bit.

So it's not appearing in the system tray?

Well whoever published NASCAR 2003 Season. Sierra? (oh i dunno).

What i was alluding too was it being nice to see that may cars at a high framerate (well, standard framerate) in a sim on a console.

And couldn't recall the last time that was done. Theres been a few console "arcade" games with more then 20 cars (mostly SP games though).

Sim devs don't touch consoles usually so its good to see it being done by someone. I was gutted when Simbin decided not to release any more after the Race Pro travesty a they were the only ones with the balls to do something hardcore.

Lets just forget EA though. Their devs can't program a race game for toffee.

Right well put 3 laps into the LA drain and first thoughts were its very smooth and has nice colouring too - trains and cars - nice detail but felt a bit arcade like - also my pedal revs without gas. Then resets when i press it. I think the clutch is disengaged a it works fine otherwise.

First thing you notice is the smoothness and speed.

Then i moved to Spa for 3 laps and was very impressed.

I can't feel the tyres too good and theres very little road surface feedback but the car seems okay.

In fact, it reminds me of GT5 but feels a bit faster and in a higher def.

But they need to sort out the road FFB.

You can hear the tyres and theres some movement there but you can't feel them vibrate/slide as the lock around corners.

But i like it more then i thought i would.

Oh and It could do with a cockpit view. Modern HD cockpit views improve your sense of awareness to a racetrack and therefore your immersion improves. And with that they need to add cockpit vibration and movement in tune with the circuit.

The crashes felt nice too. No damage or effects but they felt quite realistic.

I ran a 3.16 at Spa in that Opel but gravity is working against the engine at Radillion.