IGNORED

The Witness

Wools

19 minutes ago, wretcherd said:

The first maze has big wooden fences that you have to avoid. After that, the thing you have to avoid is more subtle.

Cheers, I'm stuck on the one after now :lol: Starting to think this isn't for me.

Just discovered a place you can only get to by 

Spoiler

Boat

It's a great area, just love how I keep discovering new stuff, either whole new areas or little secrets. The world is crammed full of game.

Also, regarding the mountain.

Spoiler

I noticed there's some kind of cave system as I sailed past, but can I get in it? 

7 minutes ago, Sng said:

if I'm approaching this one the right way, which I think I am, I am completely stuck - Any pointers? I'm assuming you need to pair the sun with the one of the same colour but I just can't see how that's possible?

Hidden Content

Some increasingly specific hints...

Spoiler

Think about the rule that the green blobs need to satisfy

Spoiler

All the same-coloured blobs do NOT need to be in the same section

Spoiler

Split off the two green blobs on the left first

Almost finished up with the 

Spoiler

Tree houses 

Area.

But there's a section of green panels where one in particular has brought me to a complete halt.

Spoiler

Tetris pieces, which are buggers anyway, but I understand, and a little blue 'L' shaped symbol.

I have no idea what this means. Is the rule explained somewhere else? 

Hardest set of panels I've done so far.

9 minutes ago, Sng said:

Cheers. Yeah I think I am doing it all in the wrong order. I did the first bit, ran around, found a boat, now I'm god knows where.

I think you're doing it in the same order I am judging by the pictures you've posted and it definitely feels wrong. (Mind you, I'm proactively disliking the game.) That said, you've got everything you need to solve that one in the hints above.

3 hours ago, Stanley said:

Almost finished up with the 

Hide contents

Tree houses 

Area.

But there's a section of green panels where one in particular has brought me to a complete halt.

Hide contents

Tetris pieces, which are buggers anyway, but I understand, and a little blue 'L' shaped symbol.

I have no idea what this means. Is the rule explained somewhere else? 

Hardest set of panels I've done so far.

Both of those things are taught to you in the same place. Head back there.

I ended up falling off this a bit, despite thinking it's an excellent game.

After completing the main game, I went back to look at the environmental puzzles, and there were examples which were so finicky about which spot you were stood before sparks would even be hinted at, that they became frustrating.

I watched the other endings on YouTube, which isn't something I'd typically do, but I didn't feel like I could face repeated slow boat rides just to get another one of dozens of squiggles.

I think my favourite things in the game were environmental assets that were cleverly designed to look a bit like something at first glance. A guy kneeling, a tortoise, and octopus. All really nicely done.

On 18 February 2016 at 9:44 AM, Sng said:

Cheers, I'm stuck on the one after now :lol: Starting to think this isn't for me.

The game is all about how you deal with being stuck.

Do you go back and retrace your steps. Do you look around the immediate environment for clue. Can you see patterns.

Some of it'll you'll blast through. Some panels you'll stare at for an hour then swear it's impossible until you gain further knowledge.