The Witness

Wools

Looks gorgeous, the music is incredible. Braid was amazing. Absolutely fine with it being £30.

80hrs though? Err, thats actually a worrying sign for me. Can he really sustain quality for that long.

The best art needs good editing, same goes for games.

From the blog - "There is (almost) no music in the game. This is not an arbitrary decision, but is in fact very important to the coherence of the thing we are making. The Witness is a game about being perceptive: noticing subtleties in the puzzles you find, noticing details in the world around you. If we slather on a layer of music that is just arbitrarily playing, and not really coming from the world, then we’re adding a layer of stuff that works against the game. It’d be like a layer of insulation that you have to hear through in order to be more present in the world."

It's interesting that Myst was originally created with no music for much the same reasons, but that at the eleventh hour the developers realised they were completely wrong and that music enhanced the sense of exploration and being in another space and so they quickly sourced a soundtrack.

As someone who loves pure puzzle games like Spacechem, A Good Snowman Is Hard To Build, Hexcells, Splice etc. I'm probably going to love the hell out of it even if it does turn out to be nothing but line puzzles in a nice looking game. But I suspect It'll be leaning closer towards the likes of Portal, Talos Principle, QUBE, The Swapper, Fez etc. where there's something beyond the core puzzles to enjoy.

I only just found out there's

voice acting

in it!

I was 50/50 on Braid, but I'm going to be all over this. I love some first person puzzling.

Part of me wants to wait until VR o clock, as the world looks like it would be excellent to explore that way. But I'll probably just grab it on release.

I didn't realise this was coming to PC (and VR!). Sweet! Shall be one of my first Rift experiences hopefully. I can't believe some people are expecting it to just be a line puzzle game :lol: I love how mysterious it seems. Excting :wub: