Halo Reach installing thread

Timmo

To Tesco tend to put new games out on the shelves at midnight? The one near me is 24 hours but I've never bothered buying anything on release from there.

(Yeah, I decided to buy this)

You might be lucky. In general the games will get put out in the morning about 8-9am, but the stock should be in by now in the locked storage area. As and ye should receive, provided the keyholder, usually the duty manager, is not being a dick or is grossly understaffed.

You might be lucky. In general the games will get put out in the morning about 8-9am, but the stock should be in by now in the locked storage area. As and ye should receive, provided the keyholder, usually the duty manager, is not being a dick or is grossly understaffed.

No chance then.

Is there any specifics on the pricing at all the supermarkets?

I read a lot of posts about Asda being £32something but all their press adverts today say £37.47.

I have an Asda, Sainsburies, Morrison and Tesco all within the same 5 minutes drive. I'm just going to buy it before work tomorrow, fact fans.

So the Tesco one works out at £44.71, which is £4.72 more than at HMV but you get 1300 more points. That's pretty good, if I wasn't getting it from Gamestation with store credit I'd go for the Tesco deal, seems to be the best deal out there (not including online).

OOh. I was going to go with tesco, but I have a £10 HMV Voucher, £29.99 with 800 points seems good to me :D

Might go and grab it from Game at midnight as the rents have asked me to go food shopping tomorrow and Tesco is 24 hour :eyebrows:

I can't seem to find a bundle except for the Halo console one, does anyone know if Game are doing the 250gb one and a copy thrown in for the same sort of price?

Just back from Gamestation midnight launch. Wasn't great, they were playing hardcore techno, it was hot and it smelt in there, loads of people though. Anyway, got the standard edition, along with a reach controller which is pretty sweet, it was £29.99 if bought with the game (a tenner off). Comes with an avatar item code too, not sure what though.

I fell asleep watching Solomon Kane last night and thus missed the midnight launch.

I did get up a little earlier than usual and nipped into Asda on the way. There was a queue of people before me including potential the smelliest man I have been near in a long time.

I gave the horrible shitty hooodie away to a man whose 2 (clearly under 16) children were arguing about who was going to get their hoodie.

I also bought some fags.

I also bought a hot bacon sandwich and a coffee on the way out from the breakfast van parked outside.

It is raining.

IMPORTANT EDIT: I won't be able to install it as my launch 20gb hdd is pretty much full.

Just back from Gamestation midnight launch. Wasn't great, they were playing hardcore techno, it was hot and it smelt in there, loads of people though. Anyway, got the standard edition, along with a reach controller which is pretty sweet, it was £29.99 if bought with the game (a tenner off). Comes with an avatar item code too, not sure what though.

If anyone's interested the avatar item is a remote control banshee, the remote is modelled on the reach 360 controller. Also, the code is in the cardboard bit at the bottom of the packaging, which I very nearly threw out without realising it was there.