Asura's Wrath - E3 Demo - Post #50

The Sarge

See I still really enjoyed the anime shorts, however I did get them after playing the game through fully. It's also likely influenced by my love for the Animatrix, where I welcome weird creative offshoots from a property.

5 minutes ago, Cheyenne said:

See I still really enjoyed the anime shorts, however I did get them after playing the game through fully. It's also likely influenced by my love for the Animatrix, where I welcome weird creative offshoots from a property.

Yeah, that's more than fair enough. I do think they work better as an extra after finishing the game, as you say. Watching 11.5 between 11 and 12 like I did is very jarring. And it annoyed me that the storyline didn't fit, which stands out like a sore thumb if you continue with 12 straight afterwards. If you watch it after the fact you don't have the contradictory details fresh in your mind.

45 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I don't get the whole cyborg thing. Who rebuilds his arms every single day? If he's cyborg how does he have a daughter?

Yeah, I also never understood how that worked with Krillin and Android 17 

11 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Yeah, I also never understood how that worked with Krillin and Android 17 

Isn't Android 17 technically half human or something according to the Japanese origins? My wife who's Portuguese also said the same thing according to the translation in Portugal as well.

1 minute ago, Spiceymike said:

Isn't Android 17 technically half human or something according to the Japanese origins? My wife who's Portuguese also said the same thing according to the translation in Portugal as well.

Well that solves a mystery that's been plaguing me since watching DBZ for the first time in 1991/1992. Thanks!

And finished. Holy shit. The main game does not prepare you for the crazy epicness of the actual ending DLC at all. Fantastic stuff. I was completely enthralled. Masterclass in crazy action choreography and action drama - the QTEs make it umpteen times more epic even.

However, I don't think this proves that QTEs actually work. In fact if they have to be *this* crazy and epic and over the top to be anything else than a mild annoyance, it means that only a game like Asura's Wrath can do them well. And there's only one of those.

Man, I need to grab a drink and sit back for awhile. What an experience.

Also just classic action game finale. Build up the biggest, most extravagant spectacle, then the true final fight is minimalist by comparison but steeped in drama and stakes. That final BURST :omg:

I can't think of many games that get the sense of scale so well. Like many have said the dlc takes this to the nth degree and it's just epic. One thing I don't get, in the dlc ending it shows you a glimpse of the future. Are the characters reincarnated here?

14 minutes ago, carlospie said:

I can't think of many games that get the sense of scale so well. Like many have said the dlc takes this to the nth degree and it's just epic. One thing I don't get, in the dlc ending it shows you a glimpse of the future. Are the characters reincarnated here?

I think it was just a bit of 4th wall fun

Spoiler

It's literally the original SF2 attract intro :lol:

But if we want to take it literally, then yeah probably reincarnated

Bought it. Never played it. Sat on my shelf for years.

PSN is closing soon, so must I absolutely spend £6 on the ending DLC? Or can I finish the game then just watch it on YouTube and save £6?

Not asking for a friend.

5 hours ago, Sketch said:

Bought it. Never played it. Sat on my shelf for years.

PSN is closing soon, so must I absolutely spend £6 on the ending DLC? Or can I finish the game then just watch it on YouTube and save £6?

Not asking for a friend.

It's the best part of the game, really. Not just a tacked on ending but the actual ending. Or else you'll have an incomplete game.

This was back when publishers were experimenting with various way of increasing per game revenue in different ways. I recall the Prince of Persia: Cell-shadey doing the same.

If you miss out or want the convenience, it's BC on Xbox and might still be on sale. Was 2 or 3 quid iirc, with the ending DLC about the same.

7 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

It's the best part of the game, really. Not just a tacked on ending but the actual ending. Or else you'll have an incomplete game.

This was back when publishers were experimenting with various way of increasing per game revenue in different ways. I recall the Prince of Persia: Cell-shadey doing the same.

If you miss out or want the convenience, it's BC on Xbox and might still be on sale. Was 2 or 3 quid iirc, with the ending DLC about the same.

I remember reading that the developer originally intended to make a sequel, but the sales weren't strong enough so Capcom let them finish the story with a piece of DLC instead.

Although that could have just been an excuse for charging extra for the ending...