IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I'm a bit behind everyone else it seems, but the game finally started to click for me last night. I followed some of Uzi's pyro advice and the stats actually started to make sense, I played more cautiously, just rolls, parries and backstabs more and didn't get too pissed off with various deaths. Killed that first boss and made it to a church, levelled up a good bit in the process too.

I'm pretty happy about this. I loved Demon's Souls but never got too far with it, but now, I'm totally going back to that game as well as planning to nail Dark Souls.

Damn thats deep. We're both missing Moonlight Butterfly Horn though.

Yeah, i eat the Butterfly's soul on my first run hoping for a wind-fall of souls, turned out it was only worth 1200. :lol:

Speaking of windfall's, the most souls off one character (so far) has been

Gwyndolin on NG+. Netted me 120,000! Spent it all on shards.

Starting to do some serious damage with my Magic, after concentrating on that stat for most of NG+. Seems the Crystal spells are the way forward. As is Big Hat's Crystal Catalyst.

Was having dreams about weapon and armour set-ups last night, and the nightmare task of juggling weight, defence and aestetics. Damn this game, invading my sub-conscious! :ph34r:

Yeah, i eat the Butterfly's soul on my first run hoping for a wind-fall of souls, turned out it was only worth 1200. :lol:

Speaking of windfall's, the most souls off one character (so far) has been

Gwyndolin on NG+. Netted me 120,000! Spent it all on shards.

Starting to do some serious damage with my Magic, after concentrating on that stat for most of NG+. Seems the Crystal spells are the way forward. As is Big Hat's Crystal Catalyst.

Was having dreams about weapon and armour set-ups last night, and the nightmare task of juggling weight, defence and aestetics. Damn this game, invading my sub-conscious! :ph34r:

Right now I love "rolling" around with my big hat and sunlight shield. It's Circle Time!!

Has anyone discovered what the level cap is yet? I'm concerned I've ballsed up my stats by being a Jack of All(Most) Trades at level 65 :mellow:

I'm sure my guide had a table running into the high 700's, but you needed like ~11,800,000+ souls to level up by then :P

Right now I love "rolling" around with my big hat and sunlight shield. It's Circle Time!!

My problem is; the Ring of Favor and Protection is simply too good to take off - the boosts in HP, Stamina and Equip are all quite substantial.

So i can't use Havel's and Woodgrain, which would let me carry the heavier weapons i've been working on, and still keep my Black Knight's Armour (which i adore, because even though it's sinister, you can tell there's a female underneath, due to the re-shaping based on you characters build, which is a novel touch).

So, i'm gonnna have to strip down some. Maybe go the Witch route - now that i'm mastering Magic, and have already maxed out my Large Pyromancer Flame.

Decisions, decisions.

My problem is; the Ring of Favor and Protection is simply too good to take off - the boosts in HP, Stamina and Equip are all quite substantial.

So i can't use Havel's and Woodgrain, which would let me carry the heavier weapons i've been working on, and still keep my Black Knight's Armour (which i adore, because even though it's sinsister, you can tell there's a female underneath, due to the re-shaping based on you characters build, which is a novel touch).

So, i'm gonnna have to strip down some. Maybe go the Witch route - now that i'm mastering Magic, and have already maxed out my Large Pyromancer Flame.

Decisions, decisions.

It killed me to have to take off the ring of favour and protection. but a few levels later i had my HP, STR & END raised and it didnt seem to matter so much anymore. I had to take it off cause it didnt give as much equip bonus as havels ring, wearing both was great, but it meant if i unequipped Havels ring i was fucked. so on balance i thought it better to just wear havels ring so i can use other stuff like the ring of steel protection/covetous gold snake ring etc

God damnit, had fun summoning people last night for the Gaping Dragon.

Thought I'd make myself human even for the first run through, figuring I'd summon some uber guy to help me through it. The first three people I summoned died quicker than me! It wasn't even that the boss was focused totally on them. The fourth guy died mid battle, but by then I'd pretty much worked out the best plan of attack anyway, so I finished him off. And when I say finished him off, I meant, killed him from about 90% health.

Think I must have just got stuck summoning a load of rubbish, low level people, trying to net themselves a few souls. Annoying though! They looked like that had way better gear than me :/ C'mon phantoms, at least try!!! :hmm:

Wasted 3-4 humanity in the process, but at least I got it done. Annoying that you can't add the lightening effect to the drake sword.

It killed me to have to take off the ring of favour and protection. but a few levels later i had my HP, STR & END raised and it didnt seem to matter so much anymore.

It's the additional Stamina that's most important. I've had my Endurance cappped at 40 for ages now (which gives you the maximum amount of Stamina: 160). The additonal 32 Stamina i'm getting from that ring has helped me no end in PvP situations - after all, if i can take one more swipe than them, i'm always gonna win.

I'll just find some lighter clothes i'm happy with. ;)

Dude the gaping dragon is like the easiest boss in existence. It really is a vagina monster.

its just sooooo slow. Unless your going for the tail weapon I can't see summoning someone. Are you on ng+?

It looks so menacing. I was really expecting a crazy fight.

Actually in other news did you know the fight against the gaping dragon is.....optional?

Hit my first wall with an optional boss at an area you can go back to.

The resulting near triumph then constant failure set my chronic pain off so I was barrelled over in pain, and had to be put into bed where the agony kept me up all night, and I got the sum total of 2 hours sleep.

During which the game tormented me with horrible waking dreams of dying over and over again.

Oh Dark Souls. :omg::hat:

Beat the New Game+ Butterfly, Hydra, Gaping Dragon, Quelaag and Iron Golem in the space of a few hours last night, much easier the second time round! 8)

I reached SL100 in the process, my chap's stats currently look like this, for anyone who cares about that sort of thing:

Vitality 30

Attunement 12 (using Heal and Iron Flesh for now)

Endurance 46

Strength 50

Dexterity 13 (for the Murakumo)

Resistance 11

Intelligence 8

Faith 12 (for Heal and Force)

Rings: Ring of Fap and the Wolf Ring

Wielding the Dragon Tooth+5, Havel's Greatshield and wearing full Havel's armour, hence the 46 Endurance (more than 40? Heresy!). As a side-effect of having 46 Endurance I'm able to fast-roll in my Bandit set while wielding the Murakumo or any other weapon at 12 weight or less. I was planning to just increase Vitality until I reach 50 at SL120, but I might stop at 46 and put another four points into Endurance to be able to wield the really heavy weapons (23-24 weight) alongside Havel's Greatshield.

Hmm bit confused as to what to do next. Just twatted the Gaping Dragon without any effort whatsover. Went back to Darkroot Wood and opened the gate to the second bit of the forest. Got the shit kicked out of me by peeps I couldn't hurt. Ran through, got the shit kicked out of me by

Sif wanker

. Joined the Forest Covenant, in order to not get bitchslapped on the way back through.

Now don't know where to go really. I spose Blighttown. Or further into Darkroot. Or the Asylum.

finally got to start this today (been crunching to get a build in for the IGF), through the prologue and have been dropped off by the crow. Which way's the best way to go now, I hear you can get completely fucked going in the wrong direction.

Got the 360 version, starting to thing I should have gone PS3 since the controls (like deomon's souls) seem more suited to that controller.

finally got to start this today (been crunching to get a build in for the IGF), through the prologue and have been dropped off by the crow. Which way's the best way to go now, I hear you can get completely fucked going in the wrong direction.

Got the 360 version, starting to thing I should have gone PS3 since the controls (like deomon's souls) seem more suited to that controller.

Head north-east up towards the viaduct to get to the Undead Burg.

FFFFfffFFFFFFF, etc.

So I managed the tutorial bit! Yes!

Then I went to the first place that I could level up. Didn't level up (thought I'd wait a bit). Died, didn't manage to collect my stuff and died again. Is this a massive setback? Should I restart, given that it'll take me half an hour or something to do the beginning bit again?

the

(Not sure why I'm spoilering this) Skeletons in the Graveyard are pretty much unkillable it seems. I looked online for help and it seems I shouldn't bother going to the Graveyard until I'm at least a level 30. Is there any way to get away from stuff that's too strong? I ran from the skeletons but they chased me! Is there any way to find out if an area is unsuitable for exploration while at a low level -besides dying- I have a tendency to try to explore everything before I leave for another place when playing games.

Thanks!

Definitely not a massive setback, and definitely not worth restarting - believe me, you'll lose far more than that before long! It's all in the game :)

If you need to get away from something big and nasty, like the skeletons seem when you're just starting out, sprint to the nearest bonfire and rest. So long as you've got some distance between yourself and the Big Nasty, you should be able to rest, which will reset the baddies, and leave you free from their attentions. Hope that helps!

Or you can visit the graveyard and nick all the goodies by doing the following:

Get naked so you run faster, run to and past skellies, nick all the stuff and run back to the bonfire. There is a very nice spear to be found. Perhaps you will die but at this stage who cares. You get to keep the stuff you've nicked :)

Or you can visit the graveyard and nick all the goodies by doing the following:

Get naked so you run faster, run to and past skellies, nick all the stuff and run back to the bonfire. There is a very nice spear to be found. Perhaps you will die but at this stage who cares. You get to keep the stuff you've nicked :)

I did this. But died on the way back. That stuff is now gone forever too.