IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Ok that's the Catacombs done. Funnily enough the fuckin pinwheel bastard skeletons gave me more trouble than the boss did. Just ran up to the boss with my lightning spear +2 - zap, zap, zap, zap. Fuck he's dead already! Probably the easiest boss fight so far.

What's better to do next, Anor Londo or Tomb Of The Giants ? I reckon Anor Londo, especially for the blacksmith there. Batman's out this week but I don't think I'll be going near it tbh, still hooked on this :D Man this autumn/fall has been great so far.

Another fantastic night of gaming, courtesy of dark souls.

Finally got passed those bastard archers in Anor Londo, and subsequently found the blacksmith. Made a few of the legendary weapons, including the Lifehunt Scythe, which I promptly took for a spin. After discovering what it does to the wielder, I wondered why I'd bothered, and was about to abandon it before I had a brainwave. Ten minutes and lots of fiddling with gear later and I'd maxed out the Scythe's stats, made a Chaos Blade to back it up, and finally, finally decided on a direction for my stats: dexterity.

Explanation:

I'm going for a bleed build. With my current getup I have close to 800 bleed resistance, meaning I can use the scythe to wreak havoc with almost impunity. If I need to swap out, I have the Chaos Blade, which still does bleed damage, and pyromancy to back it up...plus, I look incredible :D

Feeling thoroughly chuffed with myself, I headed to the boss, and summoned two players to give me a hand. We cut through Ornstein and Slough taking it turns to play decoy, and shared a quick cheer as the final blows were being struck. My favourite aspect is that we we're clearly playing with totally different styles. One player was wearing mainly cloth gear and using a katana and shield, the other had massive armour and powerful spells, and I had a mix of armour types, a big fuck off scythe and fireballs.

Forget what I said yesterday, this is my favourite game ever, and I haven't even finished it once yet :wub:

Ok that's the Catacombs done. Funnily enough the fuckin pinwheel bastard skeletons gave me more trouble than the boss did. Just ran up to the boss with my lightning spear +2 - zap, zap, zap, zap. Fuck he's dead already! Probably the easiest boss fight so far.

What's better to do next, Anor Londo or Tomb Of The Giants ? I reckon Anor Londo, especially for the blacksmith there. Batman's out this week but I don't think I'll be going near it tbh, still hooked on this :D Man this autumn/fall has been great so far.

Do Anor Londo. I don't think the game will let you do the Tomb of the Giants boss anyway.

Anyone stuck at Anor Londo's Bosses Smough and Orstein? Or better question is anyone around level 60 Who can help?

I met those two tonight. Killed the former and then for some inexplicable reason there was a delay of a few seconds between me pressing X and my character taking a swig of Estus which gave that tubby cunt a big enough opening to polish me off. I'm high 40s (I think) on the 360 if you need a hand. I tried to summon several people tonight however, and was unsuccessful with each attempt.

Thought I'd found the weapon of my dreams earlier in the Crystal Halberd and promptly threw a load of souls and such into upgrading it. Didn't realise it has a very limited lifespan though, did I? Oh well, live and learn. I did pick up that Dragon bow. Speaking of which, would that be effective against Pinky and Perky with the right arrows?

Anyone stuck at Anor Londo's Bosses Smough and Orstein? Or better question is anyone around level 60 Who can help?

I am, I'm on PS3. I am a tad drunk though. And level 68. Fuck it though. it's been at least 60 seconds since I posted and I'm sleepy now. Okay goodnight.

This Game.

I'm at a bit of an impasse. Can't defeat The Chuckle Brothers at Anor Londo so I'm farming Humanity in The Depths.

Getting nice and grumpy after 100 or so rats and no drop.

:angry:

Pillage Body.

:wub:

I've felt less elation finishing some games.

Dumb question, did people mention before about sticking the same spell in 2 different Attunement slots and ending up with twice the number and it stacking them sensibly? If so how do you do it? if not, why the hell did I imagine this? Cheers!

You can do this but it looks like you have to buy the same spell whatever number of times you want to assign it. For example I bought Great Heavy Soul Arrow from 2 different people and was able to assign to 2 slots. Before I got the second one I couldn't do that.

This Game.

I'm at a bit of an impasse. Can't defeat The Chuckle Brothers at Anor Londo so I'm farming Humanity in The Depths.

Getting nice and grumpy after 100 or so rats and no drop.

:angry:

Pillage Body.

:wub:

I've felt less elation finishing some games.

Do you have the ring to increase your item drop rate ? That comes in really handy and you definitely get huamnity quicker that way.

You can do this but it looks like you have to buy the same spell whatever number of times you want to assign it. For example I bought Great Heavy Soul Arrow from 2 different people and was able to assign to 2 slots. Before I got the second one I couldn't do that.

Ah ha! Cool, Cheers. least i know I am not going mad, thought it had been mentioned waaaaaay earlier in the thread but it kind of moves a bit fast to remember how far back :)

angry quit last night, made it through the fetid Blight Town level easily , used a precious humanity item to revert me to human so I could summon an NPC to battle the boss.

Just before the boss door, Kuma1970 flashes up in text on the screen. Bollocks, another real player has invaded my game. Run towards the boss door only to run into him. He zaps with a spell and chops me down. He bows. :(

I respawn at the bonfire, decide to explore as I haven't any humanity points to revert to human and summon NPC for the boss.

Subsequently stumble into a nest of basilisks who breathe gas on me and my character is now cursed with half health. Now how to fight my way back out of Blighttown to go heal up.

C'mon is that all you got!!

Guide is gorgeous :wub:

Glad the Deus Ex gaffe is on the inlay rather than the book itself.

I was the editor on the guide, so I'm technically responsible for the amazing backsheet error : D It's getting a reprint in a couple of weeks, so I wouldn't bother paying lots on eBay for it as it won't be quite as rare as the Bayonetta guide is.

Reading this thread is almost as good as playing the game, so full of amazing ways of capturing what's great about it.

The Shend,

It's better if you let him kill her actually, since you get the ring later anyway, and his pretty damn good armour, so let him have his way in NG+.

Danbotding, don't waste your time farming in the sewers (unless you have zero humanity), there's a much better spot coming up very soon in The Duke's Archives. I managed to pick up 30 humanity there in about an hour, IIRC.

The Shend,

It's better if you let him kill her actually, since you get the ring later anyway, and his pretty damn good armour, so let him have his way in NG+.

Danbotding, don't waste your time farming in the sewers (unless you have zero humanity), there's a much better spot coming up very soon in The Duke's Archives. I managed to pick up 30 humanity there in about an hour, IIRC.

Oh so that was confirmed to me a better spot eh?

Actually your right, And a Bonfire is right there!

I've certainly found it to be better. I was getting one humanity per run at least, and the most I got was four. Also way more than I was getting from the baby skeletons in the Tomb of the Giants. This was with 00 humanity in the corner, but wearing the Golden Snake ring thingy, and before I beat the boss. (It's unconfirmed that item drops are higher in an area before beating the boss in it). Roughly 5k of souls per run is nothing to be sniffed at either.

Thanks a lot mate! :)

Upgraded my first weapon using the boss souls and I'm a bit disappointed. I now have a Moonlight Butterfly Horn +4, which I made from a +10 winged spear. But it does less damage than a divine Halberd +3. And the Butterfly Horn only has one upgrade left in it, where the divine Halberd has six. The Butterfly Horn is safer in that you're nowhere near as exposed but it seems quite weak considering how long I've carted this Butterfly Soul around for and how much Demon Titanite and souls I've had to use to get it to +4.