IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I've capped my build at SL140. Coincidentally (or maybe sub-consciously), my stats are almost identical to my last two Platinum builds on Demon's Souls. Guess i have a certain set-up and playstyle that gets the job done. ^_^

Just took a break before Gwyn, then it's onto NG++.

Phew.... level 72. Only the final boss (plus a couple of optional bosses) to go. A few spells to buy, a few weapons to level up, (already got a lovely fire Uchi+10) and I'll be ready for NG+. I should probably get my health up before that though. I only have 16 points in that stat. :lol:

Is anyone else absolutely blown away by the architecture in this game? The scale, intricacy and attention to detail in this world is incredible.

Yep! Some of the views around the Burg are amazing, more so when you know you can get to all those places. The first time I came in through the darkroot basin door was a :angry: ... :unsure: ... :blink: ... :wacko: as I died, got annoyed, realised what had killed me, where I'd seen it before and where that meant I was.

The first view of Anor Londo as well was properly amazing, looking at it for a while and then seeing all the messages fading in on the floor around me and knowing they would all say "Gorgeous view".

Anyways, Quick Pyro question - When i rescue the pyro vendor guy, the Pyro fist upgrade, that does boost all my pyro spells as well? Not just the shitty punch attack?

The ammount of questions I am asking I should have just brought one of the guides home from work before we sold out :facepalm:

yes it does, its a noticeable boost per upgrade too.

Good I'm not being a total idiot with the build I am doing on my Pyro, he is going to be some kind of crazy do or die (and die and die some more) glass cannon type :)

Boo, helped like 4 or 5 people kill the Gsrgoyle last night with maybe 5 minutes or so wait each time. Sat here for over half an hour now while eating my dinner and nothing, can see lots and lots of ghosts running around and plenty of blood splats appearing all over. Maybe they all just trying to solo it :(

Fancied that brand new build challenge. So just rolled a male Cleric. Called him 'Saint Urbain'. He has lovely silver floppy emo hair. lol! We'll pretend it's his younger years. ;)

Figured it'd be easier collecting all the Miracles on a build designed around them, than just shelling out the cash on my OG build, and not being able to play with 'em (Faith is 10, ya see).

Gonna offer my low-level services, once i'm tooled up! Not put my sign down yet. Should be fun now i know the game inside out. :D

Playing like a fucking mong today. Pad is about ready to go through the TV.

I was like that yesterday, perfect run from Capra Demon to Gaping Dragon, both dead no deaths, fell down the fucking hole to Blight Town, had no bonfire at Firelink so went the long way round from Undead abbey, died again, 38k and 6 humanity gone.... Massive Eejit. not playing today :lol:

Haha, so what was your reaction (and the reaction of your colleagues) when you first noticed it and realised it would be on every single copy shipping out? :lol: Was there a lot of cursing and facepalming involved?

Yeah, there was definitely some cursing for a while and the designer felt really bad for not noticing it, but in the end it was just funny to have something this stupid on the back of the book considering how much effort we go to to avoid errors in the guide. At least it's on the sheet and not part of the book, and it did lead to a funny pic on our facebook page.

After breezing past them the first time (with an overly-high SL and a summoned helper) Smough and Ornstein were repeatedly destroying me in New Game+ last night. Iron Flesh is a good defense against their melee attacks, but it increases the damage taken from lightning, so Ornstein could almost one-shot me with his basic bolts. I must have died twenty or thirty times, usually dishearteningly quickly. :(

I eventually gave up for the night and decided to buy the Thunder Stoneplate Ring, get Kindling and do Ariamis and Gwyndolin this afternoon before going back for another go. I got invaded on my way to the boss room, oh, Fog Ring, Tranquil Walk of Peace, I'm sure your mother is very proud, *dies to a backstab* :angry:

Oh well, I was planning to do it solo anyway, as I want Ornstein's armour. Better stick some espresso on, I'm in dire need of faster reactions. Run past the giants, cast Iron Flesh outside the fog door, go through, get stabbed by a giant through the door, er, okay, heal, and I'm in.

And... did it first time, somehow! I spent a lot of time blocking, using the jumping forward+R2 of my Fire Greatsword+10 whenever I saw an opening, and Smough went down quickly. Did much the same to super-Ornstein, but remembered to back off whenever it looked like he might skewer me.

Allowed my character a sad little fistpump gesture afterwards, even though there was no-one around to see it! Oh, Dark Souls. :wub:

Ah, so 140 is the max possible?

No, of course not. The maximum level is 792, which is 99 on all stats.

140 is a personal choice. Mainly because levelling up even more makes no sense and has very little effect on your added parameters etc. Plus, if you go too high, you'll be out of range of everyone else, and that's a very lonely place.

Had loads of serious invaders today - the sort that've perfected their build, and are proper cuntish! I mean, who invades in The Tomb of Giants!? :blink: I still won though, thanks to Crystal Soulmass. :D

Fuck these invaders. All I want to do is summon help for the Andor Londo boss fight and I keep getting invaded by the same people over and over who have all this shit I can't compete with. Now all my humanity is gone because they keep stealing it. This game is troll heaven.

What level are you?

Phew.... level 72. Only the final boss (plus a couple of optional bosses) to go. A few spells to buy, a few weapons to level up, (already got a lovely fire Uchi+10) and I'll be ready for NG+. I should probably get my health up before that though. I only have 16 points in that stat. :lol:

You dont I beat the boss with 16 vitality. As long as you have good fire def youll survive at least 2 hits.

No, of course not. The maximum level is 792, which is 99 on all stats.

140 is a personal choice. Mainly because levelling up even more makes no sense and has very little effect on your added parameters etc. Plus, if you go too high, you'll be out of range of everyone else, and that's a very lonely place.

Had loads of serious invaders today - the sort that've perfected their build, and are proper cuntish! I mean, who invades in The Tomb of Giants!? :blink: I still won though, thanks to Crystal Soulmass. :D

YES ALL INVADERS ARE DOOMED WHEN I GET THIS SHIT OUT!!!

FUCK OFF YOU INVADING DOUCHE BAGS!!!!!

Took me a while to work out what was going on there, Summoned by the same person into the Parish right by the Bonfire/Blacksmith entrance. First time, got the black knight and died to the Sorceror, second time got him and died to Gargoyles, third time got the gargoyles. Why was that so hard ignoring the fact the other guy just didn't heal with flasks, when he or I needed it (he died first both the fail goes!). Then I thought about the equipment and spells he'd used, I think that was a NG+ go i got summoned into. Kinda harsh as I am only lvl 20 with noob starting gear still really. Would it really have done that to me?

Beat little and large tonight and think that's a good place to put the game down as Batman comes tomorrow. I'll definitely pick this back up again when I've finished Batman, though the combat system will no doubt take some re-adjustment. 80 hours in two weeks and I'm not really fatigued at all, amazing game.

Right, I just started this the other day and I'm stuck in the Undead Burg dying over and over again, killed by either the Black Knight, the Rock Demon or the boss on the battlements. I spent about an hour and a half tonight and I didn't progress one little bit with in the game or by levelling up with souls. Just what the fuck? Someone tell me what the fuck this hateful game is about and what I need to do.