IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Right, I just started this the other day and I'm stuck in the Undead Burg dying over and over again, killed by either the Black Knight, the Rock Demon or the boss on the battlements. I spent about an hour and a half tonight and I didn't progress one little bit with in the game or by levelling up with souls. Just what the fuck? Someone tell me what the fuck this hateful game is about and what I need to do.

Leave the black knight for now he's a "one off" enemy and you can come back to him. The battlements boss there are a few ways, what class did you start as? and the Rock Demon? erm, not sure what you mean by that one?

Think he means the rock knight(?) with the big club at the bottom of the tower that leads in to the Basin who is a mare at the start and legs it after you.

Don't worry about him you can approach from a different route later on. Level up a bit and concentrate on the Taurus Demon on the battlements and you'll soon be on your way.

Hint

Climb the tower behind you, take out the archers and jump down on to his head with an attack...repeat to fade...

Capra one shotted on my new Pyro, Thanks in part to sacrifice of a kindly summoned dude. So much easier when I know what to do and know he can die. Off to Firelink to rest and then back and into the depths, Tra la laaa la laa...straight out of the viaduct/sewer and off the egde... :facepalm:

Think he means the rock knight(?) with the big club at the bottom of the tower that leads in to the Basin who is a mare at the start and legs it after you.

Don't worry about him you can approach from a different route later on. Level up a bit and concentrate on the Taurus Demon on the battlements and you'll soon be on your way.

Hint

Climb the tower behind you, take out the archers and jump down on to his head with an attack...repeat to fade...

yeah but he can't even get to him yet can he?

Oh...Master key? Haha, that items more of a curse than a benefit for new players then if it lets you think you can go that way :)

Twice I've been summoned in Anor Londo tonight and twice we've been invaded (by different guys) by people who use the invincibility bug, as if that wasn't enough they also used Tranquil Walk of Peace to slow us down :lol: What is the point? It's like playing a game with God Mode activated, come on the patch!

Fuck you Blighttown. Fuck you. Stupid narrow bits and fat cunts and hidey blowy cunts.

I feel your pain - after being stuck at the Capra Demon for ages I had a superb run last night and cleared everything all the way to Blighttown. I even made it down to the bottom but then got surrounded by the flying spider things and promptly died - not that it made a difference as I had no clue whatsoever where I was meant to be heading.

Spent this evening getting the hell out of Blightown after beijing cursed in The Hollow on a recce.

Found it very hard to find the right path out all the enemies arent to bad now. My worst enemy is impatience. :)

Finally got out, bought some curse cures, levelled up my faith to do some healing and reinforced my Drake sword to +2, the added a few levels to my strength.

As a last mission for the night; tried another attempt at Sif. Still did me :) 50 hours on the clock and love this game. No other games are getting a look in at the moment.

Hiya,

I must be up to around 10 hours mostly at Undead Burg. I'm playing as a Thief which according to one place I saw online is a bad choice for a beginner. Should I start over? I've got no magic options and though I've got to LVL 17, the Black Knight I've been trying to beat for hours is unrelenting. It's doing my head in!

There are only two other routes I can take (I think) and both end up in even scarier boss territory.

RARGH!

I managed to smash my way through the Catacombs the other night with my divine morning star and beat the boss on my first go, then took a few steps into the Tomb of Giants, exclaimed 'Not bloody likely' and decided to smash my way back outside clinging on for dear life to the 18000 souls I had in my possession. After a couple of nerve-shredding encounters on the way out I finally made it to glorious daylight and took a few moments to enjoy the view from the cliff path to Firelink, then promptly fell off the edge of the graveyard to my death*. What a game! Now I've got about 40000 to spend on making myself hard before I step inside Sen's Footrest.

*Managed to pick all my souls up again though. :)

Oh dear, just got to the painted world and everything's ground to a halt -- the game stopped being hubby on entering Sen's, the scraggiest enemies have levelled up (yes, take the worst thing about Oblivion and run with it, why don't you?) to a ridiculous degree and my most effective weapon by far is on the verge of knackering with no blacksmith or way out in sight. The game's gone from a delightful challenge with a bazillion mini-quests sprawling out in all directions, to an interminable linear shitfest. Does it pick up again? I've had fifty great hours out of it for a fiver (cheers Game trade-in deal on Gears 3!) so I'm not complaining, but if I've seen everything it's got then I'd just as soon get cracking with Deamon's Souls, which I gather is far less cheap.

Hiya,

I must be up to around 10 hours mostly at Undead Burg. I'm playing as a Thief which according to one place I saw online is a bad choice for a beginner. Should I start over? I've got no magic options and though I've got to LVL 17, the Black Knight I've been trying to beat for hours is unrelenting. It's doing my head in!

There are only two other routes I can take (I think) and both end up in even scarier boss territory.

RARGH!

No idea about Thief, but the "class" you start with is only a vague set of starting stat levels, you can do what you want with any class really (though you need certain vendors to buy spells etc from).

The Massive scary demon up the tower on the battlements should be your first target really. As your a tiny skinny runt with a little pokey stick (I assume) I'd try...

Make sure to climb the ladder behind you as you enter the white portal, to kill the archers, then wander over and say hell to the demon. DON'T lock on, run at him - roll through his legs as he does his smash - Stab him in teh buttocks once and run like a pussy away. Turn, wave your red rag at him and do the same again. If you have fire bombs/blackfire bombs or whatever can do that instead of a buttock stab after rolling past. Any time you roll through and he's not wasting time doing an overhead slam the other way - keep running. or if you don't make it through his legs, don't panic just run around. Patience leads to victory, impatience leads to needing a new TV.

Hope it helps.

So the black knight at the top of the little tower just after the rats. HOW!?

There's zero chance of fighting him at the top, it's too small, I can't even get up there before he's instantly killed me (yes with shield held up) even luring him down (which takes forever) doesn't seem to help. Should I just pump 5-6 hours into grinding? He kills me with a single blow.

You dont I beat the boss with 16 vitality. As long as you have good fire def youll survive at least 2 hits.

Yeah, I've been helping people cross over to the other side (NG+) this evening. Haven't had too many problems with the final boss. Especially when I have Iron Flesh. :lol: I don't want to do it myself yet, still more weapons to forge, a few items here and there to pick up, a few miracles left to buy. Ah Dark Souls.

There's zero chance of fighting him at the top, it's too small, I can't even get up there before he's instantly killed me (yes with shield held up) even luring him down (which takes forever) doesn't seem to help. Should I just pump 5-6 hours into grinding? He kills me with a single blow.

Just leave him to later. He's a pain in the arse even after I had levelled up for a while. You can go back and show him who's boss later on :)

Took a break from this tonight, going to get back into it tomorrow me thinks.

As stated he's a nasty git, to kill generally when you first get there but - Fire, either Pyro spells or normal/black firebombs, can buy a load from the burg merchant fairly easily, 50 souls each or so. oh and dodge like a ninja. Also for bits like that remember height matters, an attack that you would block on flat ground will often go over your shield and smack you to fuck if the enemy is above you. Those this can also be used to your favour on stairs to hide under enemy lunges and poke their feet in return. :)

Leave him for later. Don't always expect to fight every enemy you first come across (or expect to kill them very very slowly). You'll come back later and find him trivial.

Try Darkroot Basin or Go back to undead burg with the key(Basement Key) you found to kill the Capra Demon.

You don't get the Basement Key from the Darkroot Gardens, you get the key to the Dildo Knight (Havel?) from there. I forget where I got the Basement Key from.

You don't get the Basement Key from the Darkroot Gardens, you get the key to the Dildo Knight (Havel?) from there. I forget where I got the Basement Key from.

You get it behind the big gate in Undead Parish. You get the WATCHTOWER Basement key from the Moonlight Butterfly.

Leave the black knight for now he's a "one off" enemy and you can come back to him. The battlements boss there are a few ways, what class did you start as? and the Rock Demon? erm, not sure what you mean by that one?

I'm a warrior, level 11-12. I have the starting armour, and am using an axe (which I found) and the heater (?) shield. The mini-guide is useless as it nonchalantly says things like "down the steps is the black knight, side step his attacks and attack when he misses with his lunge". Well that's easy to say, but somewhat harder to do.

Okay, so ignore the black knight, ignore the rock knight, head up and kill the boss on the battlements? EASY!

Block till he attacks with a lunge, get circle round the back of him till you can backstab him. If your feeling cheap, buy a load of firebombs from the merchant and spam them at him. To get him to lunge you want to be out of reach of his normal attacks, he'll then lunge at you and then do a sword flourish after, this is where he is vulnerable. If your feeling cocky you can try to riposte the bugger, rewarding but risky.

Okay, so ignore the black knight, ignore the rock knight, head up and kill the boss on the battlements? EASY!

That seems to be the consenus. I normally hate running past or avoiding baddies, but I don't think this is one of those games where I have a choice!

I think I've managed to do about two backstabs in 80 hours, yet when I joined someone else's game they were backstabbing the knights for fun. I can just never seem to get in the right position or move right behind the enemies quickly enough. Though I do rely more on my shield blocking attacks than rolling out of the way.