IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

wait...wat? You can trade items for souls?!

After you've rung the second bell (which from your earlier post it seems you have):

You can "feed" items to the NPC who appears at firelink for different amounts of souls. Most of the payouts aren't that awesome. You can also feed large chunks of titanite to get them split into small chunks to help with crafting.

Also last night I apparently got invaded by two dudes at once with no warning (doesn't it usually tell you when someone's invading?). Had gone into darkroot basin and chopped some heads off some thing, then climbed a bunch of ladders and was getting my explore on, and suddenly they were there. One of them used whatever item/magic it is that prevents people from locking on to him and he ran round me in circles and hit me with a sword, and the other stood about ten yards away and shot me with soul arrows. I went to bed.

Currently working on a low level Bandit/Ninja. The plan is to cap at SL20.

I'm at SL15, with an Uchi +5 laced with Charcoal Resin. Wanted Magic Weapon, but my starting Intel and Attunement are really low, so it'd take me over my limit. I'll stick with fire for now.

Let's see if i can successfully invade someone. :ph34r:

Haha, you didn't get invaded mang. Although apparently there is one covenant that can invade you with no message if you appear on the record of the guilty.

Booooo I'm gonna get killed on my way back to my bloodstain!

Also last night I apparently got invaded by two dudes at once with no warning (doesn't it usually tell you when someone's invading?). Had gone into darkroot basin and chopped some heads off some thing, then climbed a bunch of ladders and was getting my explore on, and suddenly they were there. One of them used whatever item/magic it is that prevents people from locking on to him and he ran round me in circles and hit me with a sword, and the other stood about ten yards away and shot me with soul arrows. I went to bed.

Haha, you didn't get invaded mang. Although apparently there is one covenant that can invade you with no message if you appear on the record of the guilty.

I'm pretty sure I read in the guide that more than one covenant doesn't show the warning, so I think you probably got invaded! All the covenant rules sound crazy.

If you rest at Firelink, you can rush through New Londo only fighting two ghosts before you reach the boss if you just peg it.

Also, if you're having trouble with the boss....

Only if you're desperate...

You sure?

Definitely?

Okay

Your choice buddy.

Okay, no foolin'

Iron Flesh.

Seriously, it's godlike. Iron Flesh.

Or the woman in the sewers, she sells them to. least I think she does.

Yes, but at 6000 souls, that's twice the price. It's not too much work to get to the bell tower, and 6000 souls is a lot early in the game.

I'm still having lots of problems with the game freezing, sometime for seconds at a time whilst playing (ps3 version, 1.03 patch). Anyone else managed to resolve this?

This is happening to me too. Much worse today. I'm worried it's my PS3 on it's way out - 60GB Launch model

It's just done it again, although this time it's been five minutes, so I think it's a crash. The save game flame is on screen too....

I made this video a while back for people having trouble in Tomb of the Giants which a lot of people have been appreciative of - I walked past the bonfires three times in a bloody row before I spotted them. >:|

Heymykie: Yep, Lost Izalith's definitely the worst part in the game for me. Even the textures look significantly worse than elsewhere, and those fire golem egg things are piss poor enemies.

The tip Imp posted, I need pyromancy for that. As a Bandit, where can I learn pyromancy?

Easiest way is to head off down to the depths, first room you're in past the initial locked door (you killed the Capra demon to get the key) has a butcher in it. Take a look around the sides - there's an open door leading into a storage area with a dude stuck in a barrel. Roll into him to free him (don't use a weapon, for obvious reasons) then when you head back to Firelink shrine he'll be there and willing to hand you a glove. (Say 'No' to him, though if you choose wrong you can ask again, unlike many characters in the game)

Also, if you're infected by an egg go and see the butler dude at the Daughter of Chaos (White haired spider girl) and he'll cure the egg then offer to let you learn pyromancy. The first option's faster, though.

Doing New Londo whilst Human, and I've had about 25 attempts at summoning end in failure. Now, I can't see any summoning signs at all! DAMN YOU TO LORDRAN!

I also learnt a little something about honour amongst thieves - some deviant invader nailed me with one soul arrow as I bowed to him from across the room. I asked for it!