IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Don't take that from 'im Brer! 'e's proper muggin' you off. Cut 'im!

:lol:

I wont rest until hes dead, trust me.

Mr.Jeff, yes, im not using any spells or parrying too, just going in FUCKING WINDMILLING my zweihander!! I naturally assumed a fire based weapon wouldnt hurt him...how wrong i was :lol:

Oh I meant to ask about the ending.

The credits started rolling so I went to make some tea. I come back and my Haveled hero's waking up in the asylum all over again. Did I miss anything?

You didn't miss anything.

Making very, very slow progress on this but it's oh so much more satisfying than my runthrough of Demon's Souls.

I played that game knowing far too much about it. I read the included guide and the wiki as I played, as well as getting tonnes of advice off here.

I would urge everybody not to make that mistake. This game is all about doing silly things, making errors and bad decisions, kicking yourself for being such an idiot (and dusting yourself off yet again), and trying out all different weapons and armours without knowing that there's a sword of bastard magic +2 on level 5-2 that you can get within an hour of starting, making all other weapons redundant. On Demon's Souls I didn't touch most of the weapons because I learnt early on that there was no point. This time around I'm having fun with all the different types and learning for myself what is most effective, not to mention developing my own style gradually.

I think it pays to read up on how humanity works, and to know that the undead village is a better starting destination than Blighttown, but other than that the more you know the more you're spoiling it for yourself.

I've not read this thread and I'll be bowing out from here again until I'm done with my first playthrough, at which point I'll read all of this back.

I do have one question if someone could help: in the opening dungeon there's a tooltip thing which says LS+RB = kick, and LS+RT = Jumping kick, or similar. No matter how much I try I can't find kick moves, other than the one which appears to randomly activate when an enemy is very close. Anyone? (Please quote this post so I'll see it)

Anor Londo has become a chore now, I'm trying to get some summons in. What actually happens is Invaded, stone sword goes off and they have a fog ring. I can pretty much do fuck all, time to put this on the back burner I think as it's just boring now.

Edit: happened 5 times now in a row, different people but all exploiting the same shit. Worse than the cheese you'd get in Demons Souls.

I do have one question if someone could help: in the opening dungeon there's a tooltip thing which says LS+RB = kick, and LS+RT = Jumping kick, or similar. No matter how much I try I can't find kick moves, other than the one which appears to randomly activate when an enemy is very close. Anyone? (Please quote this post so I'll see it)

You have to press forward on the LS at the same time as hitting RB and you'll do a little kick, the timing is pretty fiddly. The "Jumping kick" is more of a jumping slash, you leap forward and bring your weapon down hard. Unless there's a move I've missed.

Anor Londo has become a chore now, I'm trying to get some summons in. What actually happens is Invaded, stone sword goes off and they have a fog ring. I can pretty much do fuck all, time to put this on the back burner I think as it's just boring now.

Edit: happened 5 times now in a row, different people but all exploiting the same shit. Worse than the cheese you'd get in Demons Souls.

Just strap your balls to your leg, go level up somewhere else, come back and take on the chuckle brothers solo. Its doable. Everything is doable in this game. No matter how impossible it seems at first. Get yourself a good weapon, upgrade the shit out of it, farm for titanite/souls and level up a bit, and you can do it on your own. The only thing that wont help is complaining, man up son!!

Yeah, she just ran up and down the battlements a bit, fired off one or two shots, then died.

I'll tried collecting that shield- I'm using that snakes one which mentions on the descriptions page it's got a good resistance to magic though.

Yeah, I wasn't expecting the homing shot to do that much damage tbh- I find it pretty tricky to dodge too. And I'm so busy dodging I don't have any time to get any attacks off. Maybe I'll try another boss and come back later.

So much for coming back later, nailed the butterfly last night.

Did what was probably a really stupid thing in retrospect with this game, had 10 minutes to spare and wanted to rush through to see if I had any chance of taking it out- legged it through the garden, past every enemy and straight to the boss.

Where I was going wrong before (probably won't help anyone, since I seemed to be the only one having trouble here) was that firstly I was being way too defensive instead of just attacking outright- although a few of my fireballs seem to hit with no effect, the ones that registered hit hard, and the drake sword finished it off when it landed the 2nd time. Also, I was trying to stay as far away from the butterfly as possible when it attacked, which actually made it harder for me to dodge the homing shot, since it was already curving along the path of the battlements rather than across it when you're closer.

Onwards and upwards!

Aye it is doable, unfortunately I other things that need doing besides grinding areas. Once upon a time I could get chums to join me for boss fights and chat over teamspeak/vent, Dark Souls put the kybosh on that. As for other areas this area is pretty much the last of the lot before I head into the endgame, I have decent weapons, it means fuck all when I can't even get to the boss without some cunt invading and I can't even fight against him. I'd love some PvP but it's broken as, Not one person I've fought last night hasn't been using the stone sword. That's not hyperbole either, every last one is whoring it out like there's no tomorrow.

Edit: oh tell a lie one of them used the stone sword and greater magic shield after, fun fight that was....

What is this Stone Sword and Fog Ring?

They are both fine examples of piss poor balancing, the fog ring on it's own isn't that much of a problem as you can get used to no having lock on. However the stone sword 2H strong attack makes it so your effectively at 100 percent equip load, no rolling, running and even your walk is slow. so in order to not die you must look at your opponent all the time, lag however makes this impossible. you can be looking at them in front of you and suddenly they go into the backstab animation.

Aye it is doable, unfortunately I other things that need doing besides grinding areas. Once upon a time I could get chums to join me for boss fights and chat over teamspeak/vent, Dark Souls put the kybosh on that. As for other areas this area is pretty much the last of the lot before I head into the endgame, I have decent weapons, it means fuck all when I can't even get to the boss without some cunt invading and I can't even fight against him. I'd love some PvP but it's broken as, Not one person I've fought last night hasn't been using the stone sword. That's not hyperbole either, every last one is whoring it out like there's no tomorrow.

Edit: oh tell a lie one of them used the stone sword and greater magic shield after, fun fight that was....

If you havent done smough and ornstein yet theres actually still a fair chink of the game left before endgame. I did them at lvl 40-50 i think. Im at endgame now and am lvl 78-9.

You dont have to grind, theres probably loads of places you just havent realized you missed yet. Like when i found the bottom of sens fortress with all the titanite demons id missed earlier, loads of places still to explore.

You have to press forward on the LS at the same time as hitting RB and you'll do a little kick, the timing is pretty fiddly. The "Jumping kick" is more of a jumping slash, you leap forward and bring your weapon down hard. Unless there's a move I've missed.

Just to add a little extra you can do the little kick move with your shield raised and is really useful for breaking the spear wielding hallow knights guard.

If you havent done smough and ornstein yet theres actually still a fair chink of the game left before endgame. I did them at lvl 40-50 i think. Im at endgame now and am lvl 78-9.

You dont have to grind, theres probably loads of places you just havent realized you missed yet. Like when i found the bottom of sens fortress with all the titanite demons id missed earlier, loads of places still to explore.

I've been everywhere I can so far, Anor Londo is the place I should be for my chap. If not for the cheese it'd be fun, fun, fun, alas it's just a slog and killed my interest for now. Plenty out the to mess with, not as though I don't enjoy a challenge (CSS being my MP game of choice) but it's just tedious.

What kind of cunt disconnects when he gets invaded, I mean really.

You could just disconnect. ;)

Regarding the Ring of Fog, am I right in saying that this ring makes you invisible and you can’t lock on?

If so surely this is the point of the ring in the first place!

Although i can understand how pissed people get with it, if you constantly invaded and cant really defend yourself.

Maybe they should have put a time limit on it, or let you try and throw paint of something on them.

I just pulled the ethernet cable out of the back of my PS3 and summoned Sunshine Gary (I can't remember what his name is, but his sign is on the stairs on the left hand side of the big room before the boss). He should distract one of them for long enough to smash the other's back doors in.

This is where im happy im a mage. and I also have a fog ring. But I dont invade its only for defense. These fuckers are ridiculous. Its gets really annoying that Anor Londo has become this massive griefing spot. Especially at a point in the game where people really need a hand. It sucks that this area alone is making people just quit the game.

I never minded it in Demon's Souls but in this game I've only had one fun invasion (yes, I still died) and the rest have been no fun at all. I was wondering yesterday if maybe it's partly down to popularity - there are a bunch more people playing which means there are a bunch more griefers playing. Also something something xbox players lol something.

I also think that, aside from thinking more carefully about those few game-breakingly unbalanced tactics (and about the decision to use p2p connections), they should've sorted the matchmaking brackets to be based somehow on what quality of equipment you had as well as your soul level. I reckon there are a bunch of people who've built lowish-level characters around a specific tactic, gone and found the gear they wanted, and are now just destroying people who've pumped their souls into levelling up for the single player game and haven't read up on PvP.

I wouldn't worry too much about disconnecting if you don't want the hassle, to be honest. I was never into PVP in Demon's Souls but I enjoyed most of the encounters I did have. Not so sure this time round, though.

I never minded it in Demon's Souls but in this game I've only had one fun invasion (yes, I still died) and the rest have been no fun at all. I was wondering yesterday if maybe it's partly down to popularity - there are a bunch more people playing which means there are a bunch more griefers playing. Also something something xbox players lol something.

I also think that, aside from thinking more carefully about those few game-breakingly unbalanced tactics (and about the decision to use p2p connections), they should've sorted the matchmaking brackets to be based somehow on what quality of equipment you had as well as your soul level. I reckon there are a bunch of people who've built lowish-level characters around a specific tactic, gone and found the gear they wanted, and are now just destroying people who've pumped their souls into levelling up for the single player game and haven't read up on PvP.

I wouldn't worry too much about disconnecting if you don't want the hassle, to be honest. I was never into PVP in Demon's Souls but I enjoyed most of the encounters I did have. Not so sure this time round, though.

Ive been hollow in the game almsot the entire time to be honest. Only go human when i want to summon or to kindle a bonfire. Thankfully being hollow doesnt screw you quite like being in soul form did in DS. Ive only been invaded ocne, and even at that i was standing at a fog door for a boss so just went through it :lol:

Got invaded while cooping in other games, but not in my own

I suppose if you die without touching the bonfire, you'd escape that way as well.

No such luck -- once you're in, you're in, it turns out. Well, at least until you take care of (angry, invisible, scythe-wielding) business... never again!

So I smashed my way through Shitetown+ (Actually it was alright this time. So daunting on the first run!)

Gold-Rimmed Robes+Iron Flesh+Flame Stone-Plate Ring+Ring Of FAP+Artorias Greatshield+Lightning Greataxe+4

=Giggling in the face of Quellag while casually chopping her up.

Then of coarse I ccompletely forget to ring the second bell. Cue me staring at the still very much closed entrance to Sen's Fortress with a ridiculous look of WTF?! all over my face.

Trek.

Snakes are gonna get it.

BEST GAME EVER.