IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

I've find that when I have one particular item equipped, I find the game far less stressful. It's a rare item, which took a few weeks of grinding to get.

3187b068.jpg

Unfortunatley I do find that you do get a random drop of Dung Pie every now and again, with that item equipped.

Right, that's it for today I think. I beat the Capra Demon, found myself with 5000 souls, thought I'd have a grind around to get something nice. A new bit of magic perhaps. Had 8000, got killed and was dismayed to find I'd have to go all the way back to Undead Parish church to get them back. Last save spot: Undead Burg.

I got knocked off the map by a-never-ever-happens-done-this-place-a-million-times jumping attack from the first enemy at Undead Burg bonfire.

vader.jpg

Right, that's it for today I think. I beat the Capra Demon, found myself with 5000 souls, thought I'd have a grind around to get something nice. A new bit of magic perhaps. Had 8000, got killed and was dismayed to find I'd have to go all the way back to Undead Parish church to get them back. Last save spot: Undead Burg.

I got knocked off the map by a-never-ever-happens-done-this-place-a-million-times jumping attack from the first enemy at Undead Burg bonfire.

NOOOOOO!!!

I found the game less stressful and more enjoyable when I stopped worrying about losing Souls, losing Humanity however... :angry:

Exactly right.

It does suck to lose hard earned souls and I recognize that early in the game 5-8000 is a a lot to lose, but save and invest the 20000 souls in Darkroot door seal and you're cool.

Just don't Benny Hill shit over the cliff. Good souls and excellent practice to be had there!

Bit disapointed that the gravelord sword only goes up to +5 and cant be ascended. Cause gravelord sword and full black knight armour set looks fucking badass :lol:

Wondering what to upgrade now, my flame zweihander +9 is doing insane amounts of damage even in NG+, i might try upgrading a black knight greatsword, or demon machete or something.

Still flying through NG+, did moonlight butterfly last night and breezed through it. Vagina dragon gave me a bit of hassle until i went in without the NPC summons, which actually seemed to make it a bit easier.

Also just noticed loads of cool stuff on this run, like in darkroot gardens, if you look up, you can see moonlgiht butterfly just sitting around the castle ruins, and from darkroot basin you can see the bridge hellkite dragon is on. I love how you can see other levels from where you are, makes the whole world feel really alive. I think from near firelink you can even see anor londo and the dukes archives, amazing :wub:

bollocks! I didn't really mind when one of the Forest Hunter guys fell off a cliff and they all decided to blame me becuase they're fun to kill but it turns out one of them was the merchant who sold the Uchigatana and he doesn't respawn.

Pricks!

Also I've fought (but not killed, he fucked me up) Gravelord Mito. Can I still join his covenant or have I fucked that up aswell?

bollocks! I didn't really mind when one of the Forest Hunter guys fell off a cliff and they all decided to blame me becuase they're fun to kill but it turns out one of them was the merchant who sold the Uchigatana and he doesn't respawn.

Go and stab up a certain Male Undead Merchant................

I'm really enjoying this Tank build. Goes against how i normally play the game, so it's a refreshing change.

Currently rocking:

Full set of Black Iron.

Tower Shield +10

Giant Halberd +5

Greatsword +13*

Divine Zweihander +5*

Fire Bastard Sword +5*

*Works in progress. Need Embers or Chunks etc.

No gimics, no back-flipping, no spells, just pure thunking and clunking of metal!

Idea is to slam everything on Faith come NG+. See if we can't get some decent weapon buffs on the go. Plus i'm dying to play with Rage of God.

Butterfly done now and Depths explored (didn't traverse the white light).

Got my Winged Spear up to +5 and my Int up to 15 so I can use Great Heavy Soul Arrow.

Not sure what to do about my armour though, should I continue levelling up my Thief's default stuff or should I start mixing it up. I've got complete Knight and Sorcerer stuff.

This stuff sounds so nerdy to talk about. I'm sorry for mocking you, chess club. Or something like that.

Butterfly done now and Depths explored (didn't traverse the white light).

Got my Winged Spear up to +5 and my Int up to 15 so I can use Great Heavy Soul Arrow.

Not sure what to do about my armour though, should I continue levelling up my Thief's default stuff or should I start mixing it up. I've got complete Knight and Sorcerer stuff.

This stuff sounds so nerdy to talk about. I'm sorry for mocking you, chess club. Or something like that.

Black Leather Armor is delicious.

I found the game less stressfull and more enjoyable when I stopped worrying about losing Souls, losing Humanity however... :angry:

Humanity's a bitch coz you can't even spend it like you can other stuff. I've got a little stockpile in my box and about 4 I can't do anything with, just waiting to go to waste :(

bollocks! stupid miracle trainer lassie has up and died. Her mate is still alive but his spells are all shite. I guess I'm not going down that route on this playthrough.

Yeah, it happens if you didnt talk to her in a timely manner after saving her from Tomb of the Giants. He's the one that actually kills her!!!! I think it's because hes so stricken with grief when he got separated from the group that he doesnt believe its her praying in the church. I killed the skinny-fat fuck for it!!!

I haven't played this for a short while due to other games and Battlefield 3 but man it's like an education in having your ass kicked when you do :lol:

Need to really sit down and give it a go when less tired, I always forget the concentration you need for it. You can't go in half hearted or the game will call you a cunt and kick you in face. I'm currently in Dukes Archive and having my ass kicked but I think it's more due to tiredness right now.

What sort of weapons do you think are worth going for/upgrading in the first playthrough to make life a little easier ? I'm currently using Lightning Spear +2 and I made the mistake of upgrading to Chaos Blade (never have humanity so I might drop it back down to Uchigatana +10) so I'm thinking of levelling up a few other weapons/creating a few new ones.

Humanity's a bitch coz you can't even spend it like you can other stuff. I've got a little stockpile in my box and about 4 I can't do anything with, just waiting to go to waste :(

Kindling bonfires and the item versions you can use as emergency heals in a boss fight if you've almost won but ran out of flasks

What sort of weapons do you think are worth going for/upgrading in the first playthrough to make life a little easier ? I'm currently using Lightning Spear +2 and I made the mistake of upgrading to Chaos Blade (never have humanity so I might drop it back down to Uchigatana +10) so I'm thinking of levelling up a few other weapons/creating a few new ones.

Having a lightening/fire spear is excellent, as is the Uchigata. If you want a really good fire weapon just upgrade a curved sword like the scimitar or a fulchion to +10 then apply Quelaag's soul to produce the Fury Sword, upgrade that further an you've got a fast mean weapon for the rest of the game

Having a lightening/fire spear is excellent, as is the Uchigata. If you want a really good fire weapon just upgrade a curved sword like the fulchion to +10 then apply Quelaag's soul to produce the Fury Sword, upgrade that further an you've got a mean weapon for the rest of the game

Yeah I used her soul to create the Chaos Blade but it's nowhere near as good as the Lightning Uchigatana that I had and I regret making it tbh. Without realising at the time, its power increases with the more humanity you have on you and I never have any so it's not the best fit.

Yeah, it happens if you didnt talk to her in a timely manner after saving her from Tomb of the Giants. He's the one that actually kills her!!!! I think it's because hes so stricken with grief when he got separated from the group that he doesnt believe its her praying in the church. I killed the skinny-fat fuck for it!!!

I did though, she was all willing to sell me shit, and then later she was dead. I'm gonna fuck that guy up and good

I'll try and keep an eye out, cheers.

You've passed the black leather armour, it's in

one of the side rooms that assassins come out of in the Lower Burg, very near the Capra Demon room.

I'm using a combination of that and the starting Wanderer armour, which is pretty good really.

In other news, Cursed by frogs in the Depths.. Cue long slog back to the bell tower.

Well worth taking a couple of purging stones in with you, you can get a couple easily by doing an item swap

back at the Asylum, drop a a cracked red invasion thing that you'll have in Hawk Girl's nest on the left, save, quit, reload, pick up.