IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Had a rather wonderful session on this the other day. Ive got pretty stuck at Seath the Scaleless, so went back to a few early levels to do a bit of exploring :)

Spent a couple of hours in Darkroot discovering loads of stuff I didnt see before.... Including the cat covenant, and Sif :wub:

The game has got much, much, much easier since I stopped going for 25% equip, and instead used Havels ring, armour and helment and went for 50%. The difference in roll speed seems less important than the higher defence and much higher poise.

How on earth do I kill Seath? I cant even get close to him >_<

How on earth do I kill Seath? I cant even get close to him >_<

First I equipped the Curse ring before going through fog door. Then I ran around the back of Seath and broke that crystal 'tree thing' so I could damage him. Then ran up to his belly, equipped Iron Flesh, and pyro'ed the guy out of existence in 10 seconds flat.

That centipede you were all groaning about was an awesome fight for me - a solid five minutes of concentrated meter management (or so it felt while I was doing all that calculating - for all I know it was no time at all). Lightning shortsword, 13 estus flasks and some very nervous moments while getting chewed on were what it took, and the dude went down first time :-)

I'm not totally sticking with my starting gear but I'm doing a pretty decent job of it. I love summoning dudes and seeing all the crazy styles people have gone for.

there seems to be some confusion on the wiki, it looks like if you buy all her stuff she will go off to Dukes Archives and get hollowed, and if you leave her for a while that tosser will kill her. I'd say the game's habit of killing off trainers is a step too far with the comedy harshness.

I smashed fuck out of Gravelord (poof-lord) Mito last night, he went down like a bitch after I killed his skeleton posse.

Anyone found any tricks to get a second pyro-flame in the first runthrough? I need red titanite to up my +7 Fire Iaito and apparently snuggly will do a swap. I've tried dropping my existing one and speaking to the two remaining pyro types but no dice. I wonder if I trade mine I'll then be able to buy another, far too scared to check though.

No I think they put the kibosh on that. If you are a pyro, Laurentis, just says hey ill teach you. If your not one he gives you a glove first and then says hey ill teach you.

I tried a fight against the Four Kings just now. Big mistake. I now have 50,000 souls lying there. I think I might go back, pick up the souls and then try to use homeward bone before I get torn apart. It was bad enough trying to fight against one because even if I blocked him I took physical damage, but then a second turned up and I pretty much gave up. I think I've probably tried to take them on too early. I'm only Level 49. I don't really get why I was taking damage when it hardly took any endurance off though. Is it down to stability? I'm using eagle shield +9 at the moment.

Probably best that I try to do the archives first? I don't really have anywhere else to go. There was Tomb Of Giants but I found it impossible to navigate without falling off so I really need a lantern or light spell or something.

Probably best that I try to do the archives first? I don't really have anywhere else to go. There was Tomb Of Giants but I found it impossible to navigate without falling off so I really need a lantern or light spell or something.

Did you kill the gold Ice demon right at the back of the lake in Dark Basin, where the Hydra is/was? Doing that frees a woman who's summon sign appears by the lakeside. She sells a VERY useful spell called Cast Light. I found it essential for the Tomb of the Giants.

I tried a fight against the Four Kings just now. Big mistake. I now have 50,000 souls lying there. I think I might go back, pick up the souls and then try to use homeward bone before I get torn apart. It was bad enough trying to fight against one because even if I blocked him I took physical damage, but then a second turned up and I pretty much gave up. I think I've probably tried to take them on too early. I'm only Level 49. I don't really get why I was taking damage when it hardly took any endurance off though. Is it down to stability? I'm using eagle shield +9 at the moment.

Are you sure it was physical damage you were taking and not one of the other kinds (fire, magic etc)? Your shield should block 100% of physical damage (if you're pointing it in the right direction!) but not 100% of every damage type.

I think stability is just how much stamina you use up in blocking each hit.

Did you kill the gold Ice demon right at the back of the lake in Dark Basin, where the Hydra is/was? Doing that free's a woman who's summon sign appears by the lakeside. She sells a VERY useful spell called Cast Light. I found it essential for the Tomb of the Giants.

Yeah I freed her but I don't remember seeing a summon sign. I might have been hollow at the time. I assume you need humanity but I don't think I have any at the moment. Thanks for the advice though, I'll bear it in mind when I actually have some humanity.

Fuck! I've ballsed up! I killed the giant, now I can't rescue Logan! A little bit annoying that most changes to the world don't reset, but I'd had a boulder through that wall before and now it's magically sealed up again. Argh!

I'm sure someone told me that particular giant respawns, but if not then there's still a way:

you can slap the snoozing lizard upside his head and wake him up, then position yourself so he hits the wall with his sword while trying to fight you. I did this by mistake the first time I went through that area and thought I was amazing, then later found the boulder stuff and figured out what was supposed to happen.

I'm sure someone told me that particular giant respawns, but if not then there's still a way:

you can slap the snoozing lizard upside his head and wake him up, then position yourself so he hits the wall with his sword while trying to fight you. I did this by mistake the first time I went through that area and thought I was amazing, then later found the boulder stuff and figured out what was supposed to happen.

Well, that's a relief. Thanks a lot, I'll try that presently.

........ if I want to go back to firelink do I have to go back through sens fortress again?

Until you kill the boss at Anor Londo then yes, however if you go back to Sens Fortress you'll see two cages, one of which is open. You can hop in it and it'll take you right to the bottom to the very first platform you crossed. Once you've used the cage once there'll always be a cage there to take you back up or down.....the same as the lift getting your from Firelink to Undead Parish.

That giant *definitely* respawns. I remember burning through an ungodly amount of arrows to take him down, only for him to reappear after bonfiring.

I did not make a happy face.

Not given the giant a chance to respawn - the lizard did the job. Also, I jumped over and fought him. Seemed easier than archery.

Are you sure it was physical damage you were taking and not one of the other kinds (fire, magic etc)? Your shield should block 100% of physical damage (if you're pointing it in the right direction!) but not 100% of every damage type.

I think stability is just how much stamina you use up in blocking each hit.

The poise thing might have something to do with it, too. From what little I've been able to learn, a low poise just means it's easier to be knocked back and doesn't have much of a bearing on endurance.

Dear oh dear! :facepalm:

It's almost taking the piss. I was just starting out my new build and i hate the ugly face of Hollow so i stay natural all the time. Problem is...PSN, and the slew of Elite Japanese players. I just got invaded outside the Parish at Level 10, by someone who had Quelaag's Fury Sword and Choas Fireballs! What the fuck!? lol!

BTW. Despite what everyone thinks, the level restriction is 10 levels.

Either way i got fucked up the ass!

Dear oh dear! :facepalm:

It's almost taking the piss. I was just starting out my new build and i hate the ugly face of Hollow so i stay natural all the time. Problem is...PSN, and the slew of Elite Japanese players. I just got invaded outside the Parish at Level 10, by someone who had Quelaag's Fury Sword and Choas Fireballs! What the fuck!? lol!

BTW. Despite what everyone thinks, the level restriction is 10 levels.

Either way i got fucked up the ass!

Thats ridiculous, no idea how they could get queelags sword at lvl 10.

I know some bitch ass girly nearly men found a glitch to get millions of souls at very low levels, so i guess maybe they just put all thier armour to +10, maybe got great magic shield and finished the entire game at level 10 or so by being a cheating bitch fucknuts solely for the purpose of ganking lowl level people with crap equipment.

Id like to see matchmaking based on level, and equipment tbh. Like if your weaponry is all +10 you cant ivnade someone whos +1 or 2 etc. Might be hard to do given the sheer amount of weapons available tho

Patch notes taken from Neogaf and originate from

http://darksouls.fromsoftware.jp/online/

Apparently it's out on PS3 already but I haven't played it today to confirm it.

- Some magic effects have been revised. (Magic Shield, Greater Magic Shield, Tranquil Walk of Peace, Ring of Fog, Iron Flesh)

- Elemental enhanced and Stat enhanced weapons have been rebalanced.

- Some slight adjustments have been made to other weapons, equipment, and magic. (Pyromancer's Flame's magic adjustment)

- Matching and multiplayer conditions have been adjusted.

- Defeating a boss in multiplayer will now reward the host with the full amount of souls from the boss.

- When failing to invade a player's world using the Cracked Red Eye Orb, the item will no longer be used up.

- Adjustments to the amount of suols dropped by enemies.

- Adjustments to the item drops from enemies.

- Some bosses will drop Humanity and Homeward Bones now.

- Increased Drop rates for certain Covenant items and Equipment Enhancement materials which had extremely low drop rates.

- Adjusted the Item Discovery increase rate which scales with Humanity levels.

- Item lists in shops have been adjusted. (Bottomless Box added to Male Undead Merchant. Bunch of arrows added to Female Undead Merchant, Andrei, Domnhall, Giant Blacksmith, and Vamos. Domnhall will sell the Master Key after he moves to the Firelink Shrine. Giant and Vamos both sell the various equipment boxes. Giant sells a bunch of shards now. Vamos sells Titanite Shards. Ingward sells Transient Curse.)

- The amount of Faith required to join the Sunlight Covenant is now 25 instead of 50. The formula for reducing it with multiplayer remains the same.

- Paying for your sins is now cheaper. The formula is Level x 500 souls, instead of Level x 2000 souls previously.

- Equipment Weight adjustments.

- Lock-on behavior has been adjusted.

- Fixed certain cases of game freezing.

- Changed the way souls are displayed in the Level Up Menu.

- Fixed the exploit with infinite weapon/magic usage.

- Fixed the 1 second delay during certain attack animations.

- Fixed the bug where Solaire isn't in New Game+.

- Fixed the shard bug with Frampt which took away all your shards if you had more than 99.

- Fixed getting stuck in certain parts of the map, being unable to progress.

- Fixed various English translation errors in the overseas version of the game.

There seem to be quite a few changes to the stats on armour, weapons and shields, some kind soul has dumped all the data here. Click on the weapon names to view the details of upgrade paths, lots of regular weapons get better scaling bonuses at +14 and +15 now. I'm noticing quite a few base stat changes on Unique/Boss Soul weapons too, which is nice. Medium Shields appear to have taken a hit - the Hollow Soldier Shield+15 has 70 Stability now, down from 85. Oof!