IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

http://andriasang.com/comyue/

From Software and Namco Bandai announced today that worldwide shipments of Dark Souls have crossed the 1.5 million mark.

Unlike similar shipment announcements for other games, From and Namco Bandai broke the number down region-by-region:

Japan: Released on 9/22, 370,000 shipped

North America: Released on 10/4, 620,000 shipped

Europe: Released on 10/7, 470,000 shipped

Asia: Released on 10/18, 40,000 shipped

The game is PS3 and Xbox 360 in all territories except Japan. Namco Bandai was publisher everywhere except Japan, where From Software, developer of the game, did the publishing honors.

I tried a fight against the Four Kings just now. Big mistake. I now have 50,000 souls lying there. I think I might go back, pick up the souls and then try to use homeward bone before I get torn apart. It was bad enough trying to fight against one because even if I blocked him I took physical damage, but then a second turned up and I pretty much gave up. I think I've probably tried to take them on too early. I'm only Level 49. I don't really get why I was taking damage when it hardly took any endurance off though. Is it down to stability? I'm using eagle shield +9 at the moment.

Probably best that I try to do the archives first? I don't really have anywhere else to go. There was Tomb Of Giants but I found it impossible to navigate without falling off so I really need a lantern or light spell or something.

actually your fine. You need to run to a king and keep close. The magic attack it does is way to powerful to block completely. Eagle shield is the best and you have it leveled decently.

When you get down there. Run up to first king stay close the only attack you really have to watch out for is the long horizontal attack. The two diagonal slashes are avoidable as long as your constantly moving towards its back. Make sure you take it out quickly b4 the other ones spawn. If your a pyroo iron flesh is way good as well

Yeah I freed her but I don't remember seeing a summon sign. I might have been hollow at the time. I assume you need humanity but I don't think I have any at the moment. Thanks for the advice though, I'll bear it in mind when I actually have some humanity.

U don't need humanity and its by the rock in the shallow water. The rock where the loot was.

There seem to be quite a few changes to the stats on armour, weapons and shields, some kind soul has dumped all the data here. Click on the weapon names to view the details of upgrade paths, lots of regular weapons get better scaling bonuses at +14 and +15 now. I'm noticing quite a few base stat changes on Unique/Boss Soul weapons too, which is nice. Medium Shields appear to have taken a hit - the Hollow Soldier Shield+15 has 70 Stability now, down from 85. Oof!

How are you comparing current/patched values? I'm assuming all the numbers on there are just post-patch and anything prior you're getting elsewhere? Can't see how else to do a comparison.

How are you comparing current/patched values? I'm assuming all the numbers on there are just post-patch and anything prior you're getting elsewhere? Can't see how else to do a comparison.

Ah, yeah, I'm checking things against the guide.

Here's a few examples of base damage changes:

Smough's Hammer+5 - 412 to 450

Black Knight Greataxe+5 - 319 to 343

Dragon Greatsword+5 - 540 to 585

Dragonslayer Spear+5 - 135/90 to 142/97

Great Lord Greatsword+5 - 346 to 384

Quelaag's Furysword+5 - 90/270 to 90/255

I think that single archer on the building in Anor Londo has killed me more times than Sen's Fortress. What a bastard.

Also! I acquired my first crystal weapon yesterday. Am I right in thinking these can't be repaired? Are they kind of useless then?

WWAAAAAARRGHGHGHG Four Kings on NG+ I'm getting creamed !

First time through the game I summoned another player and he breezed through them. This time I want to do it off my own back but gaaaaahhhhh. I'm wading in, with some big heavy armour, my big fireaxe and iron flesh , but it's just not doing the business.

Getting there is half the problem, it takes too long and I can't dash past all the Darkwraiths.

The worst part is that the wife and I are going away tomorrow; I can't stand the thought of Dark Souls beating me for a weekend. It makes me mad!

So if i go back to Sen's Fortress with cage key in hand, wehere abouts are these cages that you hop into?

From the top, they're in the first building you walk into after the imps have dropped you off. Can't remember if it's the very first room or if you have to work your way down a level to the room underneath.

So if i go back to Sen's Fortress with cage key in hand, wehere abouts are these cages that you hop into?

If you're going up the fortress, they're after the first roof section where the fireballs are landing; as you enter the tower before the walkway leading to the archer. Or, it's the room underneath the room where you go through the white light to fight the Iron Golem.

EDIT: beaten to it!

WWAAAAAARRGHGHGHG Four Kings on NG+ I'm getting creamed !

First time through the game I summoned another player and he breezed through them. This time I want to do it off my own back but gaaaaahhhhh. I'm wading in, with some big heavy armour, my big fireaxe and iron flesh , but it's just not doing the business.

Getting there is half the problem, it takes too long and I can't dash past all the Darkwraiths.

The worst part is that the wife and I are going away tomorrow; I can't stand the thought of Dark Souls beating me for a weekend. It makes me mad!

When you get on to the second part of the broken walkway next to the house with the dude on the roof, drop down just after you turn the corner. Turn and run away from the armoured bastard and you'll see the white light. I found this short-cut yesterday after much heartache.

Nah! Head right-ish at the very first two Ghosts you enconter. There will be a corpse near the edge. Drop down onto the stone wall, then floor level. You can dash past the 3 Darkwraiths if you're quick. Takes all of 20 seconds to get to the fog door.

I’m really glad that this has sold so well, these few months have been hectic with big releases and I think it probably is a little close to Skyrim in theme and tone to play right now. Hopefully by the time I’m bored with that it will be available second hand more cheaply and present a completely different type of challenge.

aye what he said, there's also an NPC summon near the fog door, that witch woman. She'll do bugger all damage to them but is a usefull destraction.

Her name is witch Beatrice and she's only there is you summoned her for moonlight butterfly butterfly fight

I just had the shit trolled out of me by the final 2 titanite demons in sens fortress in NG+. First 2 i killed fine, last 2, they just kept ganging up on me. Counldnt get them one at a time at all, i even resorted to cheesing it by using strong magic shield, but the fucks would always get in a shot right when it wore off that would kill me. Eventually got them, but i swear i died more times to those chucklefucks than i have to any boss in the game :angry:

Some of the patch changes feel a bit soft - I mean, surely the whole trade-off with summoning people to help you with bosses was that you had to share the reward if you defeated the boss together, but now you get all the souls regardless?

The sentence about matchmaking conditions being adjusted is intriguing, though.

I've been avoiding this thread for fear of spoilers but I just had to spread the love. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Hands down game of the year so far.

For me, getting home every day and checking on the forum to see what other people have discovered and achieved for the day, and sharing my experiences too, is as much a part of the amazingness as the game itself :wub:

I think it's broken me.

30 odd hours and level 35, and I am stuck.

After Defeating Quelaag I didn't know where i was supposed to go, poked around for a bit and came to the conclusion that I need to fight my way out again to get back to Sen's Fortress as per the cut scene (when you ring the bell)..

Before i head out, lets poke my head into the great hollow as a bit of a diversion. Fell down and got cursed, now I am at the bonfire at the bottom of Blight Town, in the swamp, half health, constantly getting poisoned and molested by little flying b*stards, when I do get up to near the next bonfire I invariably die/fall of a ledge/get head eaten off by weasels.

I know its supposed to be hard but why can't there be two save slots, honestly.

Of course I may have missed something, or fluke it next time round, but i have not been this annoyed with a game for years.

For me, getting home every day and checking on the forum to see what other people have discovered and achieved for the day, and sharing my experiences too, is as much a part of the amazingness as the game itself :wub:

Couldn't agree more. Posting and reading posts of near despair then reading the eventual posts of triumph and enlightenment are massive highlights of this game.

Don't give up Numpty! You'll break the back of this problem and you'll warmly greet the next bastard thing the game does to you.

One of us, one of us!

I think it's broken me.

30 odd hours and level 35, and I am stuck.

After Defeating Quelaag I didn't know where i was supposed to go, poked around for a bit and came to the conclusion that I need to fight my way out again to get back to Sen's Fortress as per the cut scene (when you ring the bell)..

Before i head out, lets poke my head into the great hollow as a bit of a diversion. Fell down and got cursed, now I am at the bonfire at the bottom of Blight Town, in the swamp, half health, constantly getting poisoned and molested by little flying b*stards, when I do get up to near the next bonfire I invariably die/fall of a ledge/get head eaten off by weasels.

I know its supposed to be hard but why can't there be two save slots, honestly.

Of course I may have missed something, or fluke it next time round, but i have not been this annoyed with a game for years.

You can make your way back to firelink from there in about 5 mins from that bonfire by going through the valley of the drakes shortcut. You can run past the bigger enemies involved.

Finally on the road to getting my dude looking right!

Fire Bastard Sword+9 / Lightning Longbow+4

Greatshield of Artorias+1 / Pyromancy Flame+15

Elite Knight Helm+9

Golem Armor

Havel's Gauntlets

Havel's Leggings

I'm not overly concerned with stats at the mo as I'm just about finished New Game+.

May put a pic up in a bit.