IGNORED

Dark Souls - Prepare To Die... You Died.

The Sarge

Don't be in such a rush to finish.

Minor/non spoiler about the final stretch before the boss.

Kiln of the First Flame is fantastic for crafting materials!

Awesome, will check it out.

Pow - yep. Had to use a bow though.

She let out what sounded like a fart and disappeared, I lol'd. Oh yeah, Anor Londo goes dark and Firekeeper lass from the first bonfire tried to kill me. Got a firekeeper soul out of it though, Estus Flask + 4, fuck yeeeeeeeee.

Had a couple of tries at Gwyndolin just now. I can't even get near.

Not to mention I didn't even know the stair/bridge mechanism went down that low.

I took 1 hit from one of the:

homing soul things, but otherwise, shield up, sprint towards, hack few times, repeat. You can avoid most of her shit by zig-zaging as you run towards, and if you see the homing souls coming at you hide behind a pillar. Havels armour and quelaags furysword, fwiw....

think I used my Fire Great Axe +15 :eyebrows: but yeah, just leg it and dodge the spells, then THWACK!

Also I seem to remember getting blasted through a pillar, so my approach quickly became one of all out assault against the daft ladyboy!

I will put relevant family members on notice that Demons Souls is required for my happiness at Xmas.

Or I'll fold and get a copy on ebay next week

Im still stuck at seath the scaleless >_<

Is there a way of spam killing him? I might just summon some kind soul to help me kill him.

Which of the following would you suggest I tackle next?

The abyss

Crystal caves

Tomb of the giants

Actually i have a question about crystal caves, how do you kill the butterflies, as they never seem to come close to me and just attack me from the air? Can you not melee them?

Many thanks :D

Christian

Im still stuck at seath the scaleless >_<

Is there a way of spam killing him? I might just summon some kind soul to help me kill him.

If you're not trying to kill him in the crystal caves, there's you first problem. If you're not destroying the crystal before wailing on him, there's your second problem.

Other than that:

Best way I found was to stick to his (as you face him) front right tail near the tip. He tends to do less damage around this area and ends up just aimlessly spinning around. Do watch out for the tail flail though.

Damn, finally worked out where to go in the tomb of giants, found some dude to help me out with those crawling skeletons who mess me up, and the game froze halfway through the boss fight! A part of me thinks it did it on purpose.

Edit: ha, and on reloading the game it popped up with a helpful message warning that if you close the game without picking "quit game" then you may lose progress.

Edit 2: ha ha, and on restarting the fight that boyo went down. Try bravery.

If you're not trying to kill him in the crystal caves, there's you first problem. If you're not destroying the crystal before wailing on him, there's your second problem.

Other than that:

Best way I found was to stick to his (as you face him) front right tail near the tip. He tends to do less damage around this area and ends up just aimlessly spinning around. Do watch out for the tail flail though.

:WTF:

So you CANT kill him in Dukes Archives???

:WTF:

So you CANT kill him in Dukes Archives???

Nope, you cant win that fight. Keep going through crystal caves, and DONT ATTACK THE BUTTERFLIES! I learnt that the hard way :lol:

Just upgraded the dragon tooth to +5 for shits and giggles. Does some impressive damage but im still a bit sad that nothing ive upgraded so far has come close to my fire zewihander +9 so far. Ive used it almost exclisively in NG+. Started using the black knight sword for a laugh too, its 2 handed heavy attack is like playing baseball with smaller enemies :lol:

Nope, you cant win that fight. Keep going through crystal caves, and DONT ATTACK THE BUTTERFLIES! I learnt that the hard way :lol:

Just upgraded the dragon tooth to +5 for shits and giggles. Does some impressive damage but im still a bit sad that nothing ive upgraded so far has come close to my fire zewihander +9 so far. Ive used it almost exclisively in NG+. Started using the black knight sword for a laugh too, its 2 handed heavy attack is like playing baseball with smaller enemies :lol:

This game: >_<

His ass is going to get NAILED tonight now I know better.

LOVE this.

Can I have some advice about where to go after taking out the Gargoyles? Tried the ghost route but it was horrible and I'm struggling to know what I'm meant to do when I run out of temporary curses.

You want to head down below/via undead burg, then down a bit more, then down further still. Don't worry about that ghost area for now!

LOVE this.

Can I have some advice about where to go after taking out the Gargoyles? Tried the ghost route but it was horrible and I'm struggling to know what I'm meant to do when I run out of temporary curses.

No point going the ghost route. Just outside the Undead Chapel (near the portcullis) is a key that unlocks the door at the far end of the Red Drake's bridge you passed under earlier, near Solaire. That's where you want to be going next.

(Chances are you'll have picked the key up already, but if you don't... well, that's where you can find it. It's called the Basement Key)

No point going the ghost route. Just outside the Undead Chapel (near the portcullis) is a key that unlocks the door at the far end of the Red Drake's bridge you passed under earlier, near Solaire. That's where you want to be going next.

(Chances are you'll have picked the key up already, but if you don't... well, that's where you can find it. It's called the Basement Key)

Ha, I have NO idea where any of these places are. I'll crack on.

The undead chapel is where you fought the gargoyles. If you retrace your steps from there (not taking the lift shortcut back to the start), you'll come back to the red drake / dragon for sure - you'll pass under him, then you can climb the stairs up to the bridge.

It's the way that when you get a nice stash of souls and head to a merchant or back to a bonfire to level up, the moment you see the bonfire's flash to show you're refreshed and enemies have re-spawned, you're already thinking "I could just quickly go and do this and that, it'd only take twenty minutes or so..."

Do you by any chance remember a Knight Timmo who gave you a coop stone ? That's Solaire and he's staring at the sun going on about how beautiful it is. The door is more or less there at the start of the bridge close to where he is. You'll have picked up a key after defeating the Gargoyles which unlocks this door. Also, do yourself a favour and get yourself the Drake Sword to make your life a bit easier for now.

Either I'm overlevelled, or nobody wants to co-op the four kings tonight. I summoned one guy and he evidently was not aware of the entry requirements for the boss area - very sad.

Also - a question:

Do they respawn? I'm sure I killed 2, but then there were three of them...